Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:50:09 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Last Dinosaur « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Last Dinosaur  (Read 67545 times)
mr blood
« on: March 10, 2005, 04:18:33 PM »

The trex in this film is one of the slowest moving dinosaurs in movie history.You have to be a real idiot to get ate by it.And what was up with that underground Triceratops.And that is all I Have to say about this  crap.But if you like movies about slow moving rubber dinosaurs rent King Kong Escapes or Land Unknown dont buy this movie.
Blake W.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this thing on TV when I was like eight or nine years old, and remember how cheesy the T. rex effects were then (the god aweful "Last Dinosaur" theme song will be forever etched in my brain, oh the trama, lol).  

However, seeing the video clip made me laugh even more...one of those horrible '70's disaster movies remade into a King Kong/Island on Top of World flick that just never gelled.  Though as a "bad" movie, it's good for laughs on a rainy Saturday afternoon or evening...

Blake the "Mad Chemist"  
PaulWestbrook
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2001, 11:48:54 AM »

the effects in this film were awful, but what do you expect for a badly made TV movie?
Dale
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hey!  Its a Rankin and Bass movie!  They're better known for their animated christmass specials (Frosty the Snowman, Rudolf the Rednose Raindeer, and all those others you remeber from your childhood).  Another bad movie of theirs to catch is Mad Monster Party, this is a feature length animation that's just loaded with campyness.  Lots of bad movie value in that one (at least 3 slimes).

As for this movie, yes I too remember seeing it when I was young (think I was 5 or 6), probably why I remember enjoying it then.  ^_^

Thanks for the bad movie memory!
ChrisB
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I don't know why you're getting so worked up Paul it's only a kids film, and the effects are better that in the MGM 60's version.
For more dinosaur suits, check out the Kevin Connor/John Dark 'Land Before Time' films.
PaulWestbrook
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

While we're on the subject of Rankin& Bass, when is Bermuda Depths (another television 70's flick) coming to video?
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is for the late Richard Boon. Who was always great. Whether as the hero, especially as the heroic Paladin in "Have Gun Will Travel," or as the villain, especially opposite John Wayne in "Big Jake" or "The Shootist." Here's to you, wherever you are.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2001, 02:01:13 PM »

Sorry! That was suppose to be Richard Boone. I do have trouble with names sometimes.
Snake
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This film blows the jurassic park films out of the water. You gotta see this film it's a masterpiece. You DING DONG!!!.
AlphaWoolf
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I too, saw this when it premiered on TV as a child.  I loved it!  That T-Rex terrified me back then!  Seeing the clip now makes me realize it hasn't aged particularly well, but so be it.  For a 70's TV movie especially, this is top-notch stuff.  I'll take this over soulless crap like "Jurassic Park III" anytime.
James Perry
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I've been looking everywhere for this one!  How about a DVD release?  Funny, the clip on this web site is one of our favorite scenes.  Scream - SPONGEHEAD!!! - next time you watch it.  

Seeing this as a child I thought it was a great movie.  But even before MST3K, and a bit older, I was making fun of it like they do!  Shame they'll never get to shoot this one into the Satellite of Love...  That would be classic.
Fish
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is too funny. Last night I had a vivid dream recounting all the key scenes of this flick that I haven't seen since it's airing when I too, was only 8. So I typed it into google for kicks and here are some other folks remembering it too. Gotta love the net. I remember this triceratops charging them when they first arrive- the TRex finding their "Drill Pod" thing and kicking it around like a football, etc.

Now- as I remember- didn't Boone opt to stay behind and keep hunting the Trex at the end? He walks off into the sunset as the ghastly meloncholy strains of "last Dinosaur" fade us out to the credits? Then we hear the Rex howling off in the distance?
Why did all this cheesy crap remain dormant in me all these years only to rear it's rubber suited head to haunt me recently ? I dunno.
Maybe it actually had something. Or more likely maybe it was because I saw "Identity" last night and it ends with a distance shot of a van the same way this thing did in a way with the guy walking away?
Crazy.
Mike
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Awesome cheesy movie! Saw it as a kid and think that you can't find a funnier dinosaur movie anywhere. Some of the best one liners from this movie make me laugh all the time. Wish it was on DVD but my old poor quality video of it still makes me want to see it again and again. This movie is vastly underrated and is one of my favorites. "The cameras have now picked up Chuck Wade" "Zero 5.....Zero 4....Zero 3....Zero 2....Zero 1......Bore through!!!!! "By God I will not leave here until I have destroyed that thing!" Great Movie!!!!
Dave W.
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

You guys wouldn't believe how often me & my friends have quoted lines from this flic for decades! We esp. enjoyed the haggard,drunken look Boone was sporting, complete w/ the bloodshot eyes, flailing gestures, & silly line delivery-he should have tried to  "get it together-now!'    
Mike
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"The only thing that will stop an animal that size is a missle!!"
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Last Dinosaur « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.