Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:10:49 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Last Dinosaur « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Last Dinosaur  (Read 67546 times)
Lobsta
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2006, 02:17:23 PM »

I remember this flick when I was a youngster....I was glued to the seat,,,,it was a Gem at the time of release..I have just seen a click of it and I guess I have grown a bit..ha ha..or the movies have grown a bit. I would love to see this film again sometime,,,It would bring back some old memeories for sure.
giant Claw
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2007, 02:31:22 PM »

Hmmmm tyanisoarus rex can pick up a drilll machine and toss it all over the place but not before stomping on little japanses guy and pteranadons are just plain curious about strangers
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2007, 02:53:31 PM »

I miss puppetry as much as anyone, but as much fun as this was for an 80s kid I dare anyone to watch this and say they 'hate' CGI.

Young as I was, I still remember thinking 'wow, they really want us to take these rubber suits seriously...and what wuss is singing this song?'

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Xenorama
Dedicated Viewer

define "bad", please

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2007, 08:24:38 PM »

i like it.  it's not great, by any stretch, but when compared to dreck like LEGEND OF DINOSAURS AND MONSTER BIRDS, it's CITIZEN KANE.  unlike LEGEND..., the characters are engaging, the monsters are plentiful so there's no long boring stretches and it's not trying to be JAWS.

i'll take suits over the ton of crappy cg monsters that have sprung up since 1993.

David

"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder." ~ Alfred Hitchcock
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama Message Board
Matt Lawson
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2007, 07:01:26 PM »

Listen, this was an honor to read this review.  I have watched this movie more than you could possibly imagine.  In my circle of friends this is the one movie we hold above all movies to watch together.  The Last Dinosaur is the funniest movie in the world.  Seriously.  Between Bunta catching a chicken to instant freeze frame, Masten yelling about everything, the f**king sound effect that they use 20,000 times (dah dadadada dah dadada dah dadada), and the end when the cave woman and Masten share a glance at each other and the production team freezes Masten's frame for the look back sequence.  So bad, but soooo funny.
chris conley
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2008, 09:39:08 PM »

you can find this film on dvd at ebay auctions, while its not like the video its in widescreen and contains extra scenes of dinosaur violence cut from the us version this film was made in Japan the same way godzilla movies are made then it was distributed over here for America tv.
C Mac
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 09:17:15 PM »

I remember the trailer for this "made for TV movie" and anxiously waited till it came on.
It is twice as awful now as then and I felt sad when the T-Rex was clunked in the noggin with that perfectly round boulder but in some perverted Darwin fashion he got his revenge......felt bad for the big game hunter too till I remembered he was responsible for the T-Rexs migraine......and that theme song must be burned in to everyones collective memory because I was singing it to myself in the late 90s for no good reason and I didn't know why
Da Monstah
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 01:26:38 PM »

Been looking for this song for ages. Someone please post a link!
Nathanial
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2009, 07:34:14 AM »

Howdy folks. My name is Nathanial and I think that "The Last Dinosaur" is a classic movie that I think everyone should see at least once. I have seen it many times. So many times I have lost track. The director did an outstanding job of capturing the life inside of a pre-historic lost world and the cast, particuarly Richard Boone, is absoulutly phenomenal. He put on an amazing performance as avid hunter. His character had alot of personality. He should've won an Acadamey Award for his performance in the film. I reccomend that whoever you are, wherever you, that you emmediatly go out and pick up a copy of "The Last Dinosaur." And while your at it, pick up a copy of the 1976 remake of "King Kong." Another classic movie. Happy trails.  
kiki
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2009, 10:49:24 AM »

The effects are krapp. If they had worked a little more on that, it would have been a good movie. They didn't have too many choices back then anyway, so the emproovement couldn't have been significant. T-rex was done wrong--the body is paralell to the ground, the tail doesn't toutch it--this image of the theropod being widespread in those days among common people. Why didn't they consult a paleontologist??? Hello!!! I'm a dinosaur movie!...
 But at least it had a script. Those people were actually doing something, as opposed to J.P. or Indiana jones that were totally stupid and "Tom and Jerry"-like. I belive the only non-plausible scene is when he tries to shoot the t-rex and the weapon jams. They (writers) should have found a credible way to breake it.
 The peak dinosaur movie--j.p.--was made exclusively for CG and they didn't bother too much with the story. They borrowed from "Itchy and Scratchy".
For me J.P. is lower than L.D.

George
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2009, 07:34:14 PM »

I well remember the roar of The Last Dinosaur,Oh that song!.

Richard(The Medic,Palidon,Hec Ramsey)Boone will stop at nothing to get the last T-Rex stuffed and mounted,Chuck has other ideas though,like let it alone.

Thurst points out the dinosaur will not leave them alone,Chuck you Ding Dong!.

They find it in yet another subtropical world beneath the arctic,once there,courtesy of the polar bore,the trouble begins,thanks to Chuck and the female reporter,who's almost trampled by a charging Dino,not to mention nearly picked up by a huge bird.

As they begin to look for T-Rex,he wanders into there campsight being setup by Dr.Kawamoto,who gets eaten for his trouble,the thing steals there polar bore,as he's digging a place to keep it,another monster shows up and they have a big fight,the T-Rex wins,natch then buries the bore then goes in search of Masten and his group,who also encounter a bunch of Gieco cavepeople rejects,however one cavewoman stay close by and finally is excepted into there group when the T-Rex comfronts the two women,they hide in the cave.
Masten,Chuck and Bunta tie a long vine with a huge boulder,the thing rolls down the hill,and stagers off with the boulder still tied to it!.

Knowing he'll be back,Thurst and Bunta make a catapult,meantime Chuck finds the polar bore and tells everyone we can leave.Maston wants no part of that,in fact he likes it there,he even asks Francesca to stay and be his Eve.

She can't live in world like this,but Maston can,just then T-Rex shows up again,after eating Bunta.
Watch the rock crush the things head,it falls only to get up destroy the catapult.
Harrrahhhh!!!,that thing's hard to kill!,Chuck and a very sad and reluctant Francesca leave,as Maston watches,we then get a freeze frame of him and that cavewoman looking at eachother,and then with nothing to do but up the pieces they go off to begin something or other,and we are once again treated to the girl singing The Last Dinosaur song.

I got this on DVD,the only thing is,it's got unremovable Japanese subtitles at the bottom,others may like unremovable subtitles,but I don't,when is this going to be out on DVD the way I remember seeing it?without unremovable subtitles.

Wish I had taped it when it was on TV 100s of years ago.It's not that you don't mind subtitles,but they shouldn't be unremovable,just have the option of being there if you want them,like different language soundtracks.
FLU-BIRD
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2009, 11:51:19 PM »

I saw this movie on TV i can remember that part where those ptranadons would fly in close but were perfectly harmless and the cavewoman carry the riflescope around in her little bag
Mr Reptilian!
New Visitor

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2009, 04:29:15 PM »

I rememer this crazy movie when I was a kid and I always wondered how they could hear the sound of a Giant Uinatherium charging from a mile away and still couldnt hear that Damn Trex walking up on them!
wayne
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2010, 12:03:12 PM »

where can i score a copy of this movie?? brings back my childhood times..  please would like to get a copy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Last Dinosaur « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.