Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:46:12 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Midnight Hour « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The Midnight Hour  (Read 76337 times)
judith Myers
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2008, 11:40:25 AM »

Just bought this movie and watched it for the first time since 1987.  OMG - Love this movie.  It's kind've spooky for a made for tv movie I thought.  I love the eighties.  Everything always seemed more fun.  They need to make more movies like this for Halloween.  I was so excited to watch it although I could find no one to join me Question.  I still very much enjoyed and will watch it over and over again.  Lee Montgomery is soooo hot. I loved him in 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun'.  Or as Melissa writes during a game of hangman 'Ghouls Just Want To Have Fun'.
Jessica Linderman
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2008, 06:58:41 PM »

WOW, I can't believe it's been THAT long. My mom showed me this movie when it first aired on ABC in the 80's, something about Lucinda that frightened the hell out of me. Especially that scene with her and Shari Belafonte in the wine cellar and Lucinda talks about "quenching the thirst", that whole scene creeped me out when i was younger:P I'll never forget it. Even tho it was made for TV, I think it is still pretty cool and quirky:P I wouldn't mind watching it again, it's been about 20 years or so.
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2009, 01:34:37 PM »

It's een ages since Ive made a comment here so I will say that I did watch Midnight Hour again this year with some friends and being they love 80's stuff as I do they really enjoyed it. Will certainly have a viewing of it again next year.
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2010, 12:37:47 PM »

I'd have to say it has been a long time since Ive been here to comment on this fun and terrific made for tv film.  So Im here to catch up 4 years later. Im still watching this movie regularily each Halloween as a part of my Halloween horror movie parties and it's still one of my all time favorites. I'll be here to write when it gets closer to Halloween and hope by then more people will comment.
Cmdr. John Gathings
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2010, 02:20:50 AM »

Stardate: 09/25/2010 - well Paul Westbrook so far this year it looks like just you and i posting. According to the passed logs last year it was just you who posted here about this great movie.There hasn't been much interest since 2006. 2007and2008 only had two postings each and then like i said just you in 2009.
                                    Man, i truely hope no one got tired of this movie cause like i said it is a great movie! For many years i have been wanting to comment about The Midnight Hour Movie but never got around to it for some reason; i don't know? Tonight i thought i would after seeing the lack of interest in this movie since 2006. I am a huge fan of this movie - I LOVE IT! my favorite story in it is the Phil and Sandy love story. I watch it every Halloween to see them. I love stories of young love and i am a huge fan of the 1950s and 1960s so i like Sandy and her cute 1950s cheerleaders outfit Phils a lucky boy! TTFN but i will be back on Halloween to drop a line again and i hope then to see the old fans writing again or some new ones!   Bye!
claws
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2010, 03:07:38 AM »

Question

Strangest reply I ever read  Bluesad
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2010, 02:32:51 PM »

Smile Thanks John for your reply and myself I could never tire of this movie. It's become a staple every year to see Midnight Hour and will be playing it for Halloween again this year, and for the first time in Surround Sound.
Yolanda
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2010, 02:27:57 PM »

Like many of you who have written, I too first watched The Midnight Hour as a kid.  I just recently purchased the movie and hope to get it in time and watch it this Halloween.  I'm excited to watch since it's been so long since I've seen it. 
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2010, 11:23:47 AM »

Ah yes it's that all important time again. Once more I am planning to dig out my copy of Midnight Hour for it's annual Halloween viewing. I want to say a hello to all of you who have written here about this great film, and like you I anticipate each showing with friends. I cant believe it has been ages since I wrote here and I was actually the first ever comment. Im happy to see that there are other fans of this show and feel free to write me and say a hello to me anytime you guys want. So enjoy the show as they say in the movies and  wait... Till the Midnight Hour!
Commander John Gathings
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2011, 10:25:01 AM »

Stardate: 01-25-2011 - Hello Paul and everyone else which are not many as i can see. Sorry i could'nt make it last halloween as i promised but my old (one of the 1st windows 98s perhaps a collecters item one day) computer crashed on me just before halloween and it was just recently one of my sisters helped me get it up and running again. Mickey is a computer wiz i tell you man! my sister is chief engineer here at starbase 12 and i don't know what i'd do with out her.
                                   Well as usual like Paul Westbrook i dug out my copy (I have it on dvd and believe it or not on vhs also) of The Midnight Hour on Halloween and like many many times before it was good to see Sandy and Phil save the Town Of Pitchford once again!

P.S.   There is only one thing I DO NOT LIKE about the movie and it is that Sandy at the end of the movie always has to go back to where she came from. Heaven i'm sure!   Hailing Frequencies Closed.
Cmdr John Gathings
New Visitor

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2011, 08:22:47 PM »

Stardate: 10-27-2011 - Hello everyone!(not many just like last time - stardate: 01-25-2011 oh well) hello Paul Westbrook! you should be posting soon for your last posting was last year just 5 days before Halloween. This is my second halloween and my third posting on this site and i hope to post every halloween as Paul duz. Yes, it is that time of year again for us all to pull out that The Midnight Hour Movie and watch Sandy and Phil once again save that small new england town of Pitchford from evil and to also enjoy seeing Sandy and Phil fall in love. Is'nt young love grand! Yup! just four more days til halloween everyone and to see a GREAT HALLOWEEN/YOUNG LOVE STORY. Enjoy as always everybody! Hailling Frequencies Closed!
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2011, 12:44:12 PM »

I've only seen it once, back in '86, but I liked it.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Cmdr John Gathings
New Visitor

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2012, 11:10:39 PM »

Stardate: 10-18-2012: Transmitting From Starbase 12 - Well, i'm the 1st one for the entire year again like last year and that really worries me because last year there was only me and one other where there have always been an average of 6 comments each year two of which would usually be Paul Westbrook's and Pauls' got me worried also because last yr for the 1st time ever he did not make an entry and he's been loyal to this site since 2004. The other with me last yr was a 1st timer called alandhopewell. I truely hope Paul is ok and makes an entry this year and that this site don't die out because one more thing worries me and it's big! i red the comments back to the beginning and no one comes back. The comments every year are always  of new people no one from before.   I will be back every year as long as this site exists because i love this movie very much. For me when i watch this film it is nice to imagine there was still a simpler time with adventure and romance in this country in 1985 like it existed in the 1960s on back (which was really untrue in 85 just like today). So once again it is time for me to pull out my copy of " The Midnight Hour " and see the small town atmosphere and mostly see two teen kids Sandy and Phil save their small new england town of pitchford from the undead and most of all watch these two teenagers fall in love in the process.   Will be back again on Halloween and i hope to see more fan comments this Halloween year and old loyal Paul W.   Hailling Frequencies Closed For Now.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2012, 02:16:04 PM »

I haven't seen it this year; again, I only saw it in '86, but I'd love to find it, and make it a Halloweeen tradition at my house.

Someone pointed out the connection between Sandy and the vanishing hitch-hiker legend- I loved that aspect of the film, as this is my all-time favorire ghost story.

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Cmdr John Gathings
New Visitor

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2012, 11:29:27 AM »

Stardate: 10-31-2012: Transmitting From Starbase 12 Cmdr. Gathings Here - Happy Halloween every one i'm back like i said two weeks ago. I have halloween off this year and i'm not doing a hole lot today i'll just be doing a couple of things in town wearing my starfleet uniform of course cause it's halloween the only time i get to wear it. Then i will take it easy here at the starbase the rest of the day til i go to my sister's house (Ensign Claire Gathings) this evening to help her pass out candy then the rest of the night til perhaps morning we are going to watch scarey movies on tv beginning of course with the movie The Midnight Hour my favorate halloween movie. My sister claire will be seeing it for the first time. I hope she likes it as much as i! Well thats about it except i would like to say to Alandhopewell thanks for comming back again with your comment about this terrific movie The Midnight Hour and i very much enjoyed your Music Laurie Video Clip. Your clip makes me think of a early 1960s one hit wonder rock song i like very much titled " Last Kiss" by J. Frank Wilson And The Cavaliers. In the song J. Frank is singing about a teenage couple while out on a date have the misfortune of having an automobile accident and the boy wakes up from being unconscious after accident and runs over to the girl and she dies in the boy's arms after their last kiss. Very sad song! Again, Happy Halloween Every One!!!   Hailling Frequencies Closed!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Midnight Hour « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.