Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:19:39 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Video Dead « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Video Dead  (Read 34392 times)
Moviewierd
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 01:43:54 PM »

I do have to say that I rather enjoyed the idea of a heroic garbageman. I don't know why, just something greatly amuses me about the idea of a garbageman vigilante who travels from B-movie to B-movie, trying to set things right, hoping that the next leap will be to somewhere worth watching.
no_name_maddoxxx
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 07:04:05 PM »

i bought this movie from a movie store because i collect zombie movies(i hope to one day own a copy of every one ever made.)i was a little surprised how much i really enjoyed it(i love B movies anyway.).i remember growing up watching the camp of the 80's and 90's slumber party massacres, pretty much anything from Troma,biker zombies from Detroit,etc.so i have a real fondness for low budget masterpieces.sometimes people get so wrapped up in who's in the film and what kind of special effects there are to stop and take the time to enjoy the simple works for what they are without expectations driven by high dollar cinema.plus it's kind of rare,at least not that easy to find for less than $15(i got lucky and only paid $1.50 for mine.).love it or hate it,someone liked it enough to fund it for release. Cheers
thezombiekillerz
New Visitor

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 09:11:18 PM »

Dude this movie is so dope! They did a few things here. They tried to tell a story differently as well as film it well. You can tell bcuz the dialog was a balance between funny and campy. It was at it's core a statement on our real death by television, rotting minds. There were some people having fun here. Hence the swirling legs in the washer, and the putting on of the dead guys glasses. I was rolling!! It was so obviously meant to be funny. They accomplished what they set out to do--and thats make a cool, funny, subconsciously deep, horror romp.  Thumbup Thumbup
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 12:47:27 PM »

I just finished watching this via NetFlix.  It was a cheesy 80's movie, but I liked it and will probably watch again.  The movie was predictable.  I liked how it tried to play off of Fulci films with the baboon screams and the camera angles.  I would give two slimes for this one.  I would recommend to anyone who likes cheesy horror/zombie movies.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 06:18:57 AM »

Was David Bowie paid for his cameo in this?  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Video Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.