Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:36:30 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cool as Ice « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Cool as Ice  (Read 131290 times)
M.K. Young
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I just watched "Cool as Ice" with my 8-year old son and we painfully enjoyed this movie's badness.  It was crap but it was decent crap.  I was never an Ice fan but have seen him in various comeback TV appearances and can respect him for being on top when he was.

Still, I can't believe how terrible the acting was, especially from the Ice.  His sqeaky clean, soda drinking posse didn't convince me either.  Did they have any lines?  Certainly the bike repair couple did--woudn't the xenophobic locals have gotten rid of them long ago.

This movie was probably too bad to make the the cut for "bad movie" night with my homies.  Maybe I can get my music-loving brothers to watch it but we shall see.  I have "Starcrash" on the way and I hope it's better.
Canadaphile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is a downright PAINFUL movie to watch.  Granted, there's many (unintentionally) funny lines, including the now-infamous "drop the zero and get with the hero," but what makes it painful is that you know that everyone involved was taking this whole thing SERIOUSLY!  There were people that thought it would be a good career move to do this movie!  That's just so WRONG!

Another bit o' trivia--until recently, director Janusz Kaminski was married to Holly Hunter.  
MichaelStorm
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2002, 03:57:28 PM »

This movie is so awful that it is great.Its the kind of movie you can watch 3000 times. If I were Ice I would try to make a sequel.
David Fullam
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Ditch the zero and get with the hero!" Oy vey. I must say that after seeing the Behind the Music episode that dealt with Vanilla Ice, I felt sorry for the guy. I admit to hating his music and this film, but the guy went from being on top of the world to being a nobody and "Cool as Ice" did not help matters any. I hope he learned a some important lessons.

Note to Hollywood, no more movies based around top 40 pop stars, please?
Wendy Kroy
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

A bit of worthless trivia about Cool As Ice: the director of photography, Janusz Kaminski, went on to become Spielberg's choice D.P. and so far has won 2 Oscars for Best Cinematography (Schindler's List in '93 and Saving Private Ryan in '98). I suppose Vanilla Ice's talent rubs off onto others. *COUGH COUGH*
Danny Gallegos
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2001, 02:23:28 AM »

Vanilla Ice sucks humoungous Donkey balls! Sorry to say something so stupid like that and waste it here ona a message board but it must be said!
Jedy
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Man that movie was brutal!!
thank to badmovies.org for remind me such a bad experience in my life

Ps: yesterday i seen a interview of mr ice and he was talking bad about eminem, well eminem is s**te & he is tripe donky s**te so he should shut up... your time is gone vanilla so please avoid to show up again, you cAuse enough damage to the music and cinema industry
sandman
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I hate vanilla ice he ripped about everything off in is life.

That movie didnt help him a bite either, i never saw this movie caus i knew it would be that bad, i hate guys like him the matcho type, what kind of stupid idiot would jump a fence to go seduce a girl on a horse, this is a sign that everyone will do anything for a small amount of money even get s**t in their face......

So happy he never showed is p***yass face again ice ice dicky
john
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

this film rocks - in a totally ironic type way. a couple of things i learned from it:

1. Rap bands on tour who have a DJ, mics etc, go on tour with no equipment, on the back of motorbikes. they also leave Naomi Campbell, their singer, behind.

2. The phrase 'sex me' looks good on a jacket.

3. the phrase 'homeboy this!' sounds good before you twat someone with a baseball bat.

4. Preppie men are always clean-cut but have secret problems with anger.

5. NEVER wear a helmet while riding your motorbike.

6. family life looks best when sped up five times its normal speed -  and everyone cracks really big smiles all the time for some reason.

7. vanilla ice is a rebel.
Jeffrey Stube
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

How's this for coincidence? Listening to the radio on the way to work this morning, I heard a movie critic doing a review of "Vanilla Sky". After that, for a wacky tie-in, the dj started to play the song "Ice Ice Baby". Fortunately he stopped it halfway through and apologized for inflicting it on us! whew. Then he played a snippet of an interview with V. I., wherein he was trying to defend ripping off the hook in "Ice Ice" from David Bowie- on the basis that he changed the last couple of notes, therefore "..it's not the same- it's all different!" Gawd, that guy was a jackass. How he gained his 15 minutes of fame is a mystery to me... but it's not too hard to figure out why he couldn't sustain it...
Chris K.
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Andrew, you maniac, you finally reviewed this film! Now I have not seen COOL AS ICE, and yet I do have a compelling urge to go out and rent this flick just to see HOW BAD IT IS! I don't remember much about the early 1990's, except that movies like COOL AS ICE sucked, the early pop music was BORING, and I did not care who was the greatest music star of the 90's becasue most of them did have some redeming qualities. I was too buisy getting hooked on Godzilla flicks than this crap!  
Steven Millan
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

What!?! A review of the cinematic Vanilla Ice career
suicide disasterpiece "Cool As Ice"!?!AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Jason Frandsen
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is a really well written movie review that the film itself does not merit. What is interesting is the fact that I have found web sites that have priced this movie at $90+ USD for the VHS version (it would probably be stating the obvious to say that there is no DVD version of the film). This in itself shows the usual true value of 'rare' items.
Nathan
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The sad thing is that so many people missed the in-depth symbolism in this movie.  Kat represents the individual, Nick represents the conforming call of Society, and The Iceman represents a chance to escape the norm.  Hasn't everyone experienced a whackhead trying to play baseball with their homeboy's bike before?  Who can disagree with the words, "If you ain't true to yourself...you ain't true to nobody.  Live your life for someone else...and you ain't livin'...straightup fact."  The movie was even a breakthrough for the fassion industry!  Who wouldn't want an armor-plated hat like that.  Be safe and look good too.  You can't resist functional fassion.  I'm constantly amazed at the anger that this cinematical masterpiece stirs up.  I think your all just jealous because you never thought of taking a girl to a construction site for a date.  What about the use of great pickup lines like, (ICE)"So whassup wit' tommorrow?"  (KAT)"I dunno man, whassup wit' tommorrow?"  (ICE)"What are we doin'?"  It's moments like those that add up to a great movie.
Dave
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

You know, I saw the preview for the Britney Spears movie the other day, and it made me think of this.

Only a few more weeks until "Glitter" comes out on video, y'all...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cool as Ice « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.