Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:52:25 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cool as Ice « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Cool as Ice  (Read 131320 times)
Mr. Benalto
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

No one has mentioned the scene where the bad guys abduct the son. The camera work is TRULY HORRIBLE, and mixed with the over-the-top acting from the bad guys, it's easily one of the funniest scenes in this masterpiece. My friends and I have seen this movie quite a bit, and I have a question: you know the construction lot romance bit? And then Ice and KAT lie down in the grass? Do you think it's to make sweet sweet love, or do you think he kept his filthy paws to himself because he's so honorable? Michael Gross was freaking terrible in this movie, his overacting reaches the highest point with the line "Get the hell out of here". This movie did more for slo-mo effects then it did for the director who got stuck doing a bunch of bad Playboy movies for almost a decade before making a "comeback" with Inspector Gadget.
Petrina
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

My friend and I have aboutt 10 pages of a notebook filled with things we learned from this movie.   We have seen it about 10 times, it's sooooo bad that it's just great!
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2002, 01:49:56 PM »

This movie just absolutely SUCKS!
Kid A
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Ice Ice baby is actually ripped from Queen's "under pressure" song.
Somehow deprived of junk food and bad media during my childhood..i thought Ice was the koolest gimp i ever seen, ok i was about 7 years old so you cant blame me, hey it was a tough choice between him and MC Hammer, especially when Hammers cartoons have shoes that talk to each other! I lost interest in most mainstream music upon discovering the stone roses age 14.
I can still remember almost every lyric from ice ice baby, sad huh. If you listen to it now it sounds like they made the song on a Teac 4 track or something.
The best white rappers are the beasties. I have a really old Yamaha RX15 drum machine, good for crappy beats from that era.

Tina
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hey, the movie obviously sucks donkey dick, but I'm very suprised there's no info on the aounndtrack!!!Besides Vanilla Ice's pathetic rapping attempts and his even worse (gulp) singing, there were some slammin tracks on that album!!! Anyone else wit' me here????
coolasf*ck
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Ahem...  Who's taking this movie seriously here?  Come on!   It sucks.  It suck soooo bad.  And that's what makes it soooo good!   Don't complain about it being bad.  Celebrate it!  I thanked God that this movie was made after first watching (I'd smoked a fat one and could not believe my eyes and ears that fateful night).  

This movie, along with others like Escape From Galaxy 3 and Incredible Paris Incident, have made me a lover of the truly crap movie genre.  It's good, good fun.  

Rent it, buy it, whatever, but by all means see it!

P.S. I love this site!  Thank you for all your hard worK!
kayte
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Holy S**t! I saw this film whilst i was watching a show on VH1 called movie maniacs or something and i guess 'cool as ice' was the film featured on that show. But i sat down in the villa out of the sun and kept the whole of my family waiting whilst i sat and watched the film. I know speaking in a general sort of way the film is bad, but there is definitely something appealing about it. I loved it. His clothing and the names for his homeboys like SirD are just the best!!No one ever suggested that it was 'Godfather' or 'Citizen Kane' standard but it's pretty obvious it's not s'posed 2 b, it's a fun film, it does exactly what i believe it was made to do.In fact.. reading about 'cool as ice' has made me wanna c it again, so I'm off 2 c if i can rent it out now:D Although I ahve 2 say fomr what I've seen of Vanilla Ice in interviews and stuff he seems pretty arrogant.
Rich
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I just saw this for the first time on VH1 - Movies That Rock.....lol...While I'll admit that I bought his CDs and generally liked his music...his acting sucks big time.

How the hell did he jump over that Corvette at the end?

Anyway, i just find it amusing that everyone slammed Vanilla Ice for "sampling" everyone, but no one said crap about MC Hammer or Will Smith...seems like every hit Will Smith has is just a sample of some old song that he just freshens up...now thats cheap.
B
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2002, 11:29:35 PM »

First of all let me say that Cool as Ice is without a doubt the funniest  movie ever made it is so cliche ridden and ego inflated that it makes me p**s my pants everytime I see it especially the scene where they storm the dance club and vanilla Ice hijacks the stage and then he says drop it and the guy drops the glass. Now everytime I watch this movie I get a group of guys and we all just die laughing. Its the funniest movie ever made and the funniest movie I have ever seen. Hands down.
Lincoln Hawks
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Was this movie actually made?!?!?  Vanila Ice should die of Ghonoria and rot in Hell!  Great review guys.  I love the line where Ice says, "You need a syciatrist."  Other movies to check out that could contend with Cool As Ice for worst movie: Anything With Gary Busey in it.  In Particular "Down & Dirty ,and On The Edge". Gary Busey: "I'm your worst nightmare Butthorn!"  Vanila Ice: "Drop That Zero and Get with the Hero!" You Decide!
What a s**ty movie!  I am gonna go watch Spinal Tap and Cheer up! Later.  oh yeah there is just one more thing luietent,  What the Hell do his Glasses say? you know the one's that are as thick on the sides as Rosie O'donnel's upper torso.
Sennith
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Those who hates Cool As Ice(I hate it too and I hate Vanilla Ice)should see all the positive reviews this movie recieved on Amazon.com! It's amazing! HUGE REVIEWS all saying what a great movie this is. None of them even mention the part where Ice mysteriously flies over the fence with his motorcycle when there is no ramp or anything. Everybody has their own opinion, I understand if people watch it to get a good laugh, but I highly reccomend that you check out the reviews of Cool As Ice on Amazon. You should see the way they describe this movie. I was pretty disturbed when one reviewer said something like "Vanilla Ice should've gotten the oscar instead of notalents like Russel Crowe(forgot the other actors name)."              
Ryan J. Kenner
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I never liked Vanilla Ice back in the day, but I got dragged into this, and I remember being bored out of my skull, it doesn't even work as a cinematic cheese, the movie is just plain awful. A movie made for dorks by well, even bigger dorks.

1/5
marsha
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This IS the best movie. Don't dis it man
Kirk
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

ICE ICE BABY... You all gotta admit every one thought he was klass back in the day (iam on about thouse of us who where about 10).... And about this ripping off stuff, my dad is into soul music big time so i know most of the songs, and all rap/R&B stars rip/sample old soul/motown tunes! Any way, any one who likes watchin films should watch it coz it mite be bad but its now in the realms of the classics! The "ice man" is pritty good at motocross, maybe he should have done that instead.... ;)
Brian
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Why did Vanilla ice always wear those black shiny shoes? Yeah i mean they were nice but he wore them in every performance that he did. I wonder what he was thinking of wearing those all over the place. I wouldn't wear those all over the place. Maybe he has a feddish of Black shiny tuxedo like shoes>
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cool as Ice « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.