Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:55:41 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cool as Ice « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Cool as Ice  (Read 131291 times)
Jonny 5
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I really liked this movie... I was about 19 when I first saw it, and I was thinking about getting a motorbike.  This movie motivated me and I sat my licence soon after.  
Don't tell anyone, but I even shaved the sides of my head, and had brick shapes shaved in.  No-one ever knew the idea was from this movie, (probably because they hadn't seen it), but they all liked it.
Unbreakable
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Yeah, Its a cheezy movie that I think was trying to be serious.lol. That what makes it funny.lol. Its good for a laugh and has entertainment value, the story isn't terrible. Just the stupid lines Vanilla Ice has is what makes this movie priceless, Its great!!! Can't wait for an offical DVD.

hey guys cut Iceman some slack. This movie was better than 8 mile and his music was alot better than the majority of music rap acts that were out around that time period.
Mike Kenmore
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hey Universal, release this hilarious film on DVD - bare bones or with extra features! Trust me, this movie is getting harder to find and rent because it's frequently worn out and stolen at video rental shops! Do us a favor and release this cult classic on DVD and you get your money instead of losing to bootleggers...
SPC Franks
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Well I finally found it... the site that truely believes in something greater than regular movies. And that my friends is B-Movies. Cool As Ice is not what hooked me but it sure helped. I never laughed as hard as I did when he says, "I'm going next door to sling a slong" or something to that sort... but the phrase "sling a slong" ... I laughed my ass off. Mr. Van Winkle had to be out of his mind if he thought he was acting in this movie... I will watch it again and again. Thanks for the website. I love it.
MegO
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Beleive it or not, there are alot of DVD versions of this film, which include the soundtrack. (Not that it helps promote ppl to buy it) I would own this movie just to say I have one of the very few living copies of the s**ttiest movie of all time. Even s**t is worth something 100 years later, yknow? Poor Vanilla, rest in peice Plano boy.
slurpee
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

An unintentional comedic classic of the 90s. My former roommate and I watched a bootlegged version that was dubbed in Polish!!! We watched it so many times that we managed to catch some catchy lines. Here's one when Kat seeks Ice's help when her brother is kidnapped:

Kat: Honey, I need to talk to you.
Ice: You need a psychiatrist!

There is no doubt why the VHS film is expensive...this has become a cult classic. The 'romantic' scenes taking place in a construction site (with a ballad sung by Ice!), Ice's fighting moves, and of course, we can't forgot the unforgettable soundtrack ("I'm the People's Choice!"), and the memorable appearance of Michael Gross of "Family Ties." Regardless of what you feel about the film, the roots of Janusz Kaminski's cinematography work is on display here.

There's an online petition to get "Cool As Ice" released on DVD. Ice deserves more movie roles. Last I heard, he did a bit part on a film satirizing "The Matrix."

SUST Girls
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2004, 09:45:08 AM »

We work with Crawford Binion - one of the cops!
Me
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2004, 10:50:04 PM »

What the hell was Micheal Gross thinking working on the film!
SomeGuy
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

(Posted this in the BBS on accident... sorry to the mods.)

If you notice, there are three 24-hour ultimatums given by different characters, none of which are followed up on.  

Cosmic Dave
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Blockbuster Video doesn't have this movie.  You basically have to wait until it comes on TBS, which is the only channel brave enough to show it.  Yeah, this movie was bad, but there are a lot of other bad flicks out there.  Even Star Wars Episode 2, when Anakin Skywalker walked into the cafe and said, "Jedi business..." to onlookers.  What was Lucas thinking of doing?  Ruining his career?  Does anyone remember "Howard The Duck"?  I guess if you collect movies, "Cool As Ice" would have to go into your collection.  It's still a fun movie to laugh at.
Sandy
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hey you can't diss the bad movies. I am a stickler for the 90's. Howard the Duck, classic, Cool as Ice, well, it's all for the music and fun. That kind of music is easy to party to. HIs career may be over, but what keeps him going is that we are all sitting at our computer writting about him. Yeah ok some, well maybe most of his songs suck, but we still hear them refered to and I still dance to them.
J dot
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

They just aired this movie, after showing the last episode or surreal life 2.

I have to admit, I couldn't watch but there was some heavy competition in that curling was on.

I feel the Surreal life show, let us in on the real Rob Van Winkle.  We all got problems, Vanilla included, but I don't feel sorry for him, cause he's lived through more adventure and cash than I.  I do feel bad for him, as I think he's been subjected to more hate than Hitler.  Got to give him his props for trying and having some success.  Most 16 year olds never even make it out of their garage or basement.
:)
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Do you know that "Vanilla Ice" is still alive in 2005? Unbelievable!
JayZ
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

God - this is one of the BEST damn movie I have ever seen.  Vanilla Ice is a genius, love the lines and the acting.  Especially 'drop the zero and get with the hero' said with a straight face.  I have used this line many a time - guys u have to try it.  All u people baggin it - u don't know wut quality viewing is all about.  This movie will make u laff yer a** off!!
patriciah
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

''Cool as Ice'' is the best movie!! Vanilla ice I love you!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cool as Ice « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.