Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:21:57 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cool as Ice « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Cool as Ice  (Read 131304 times)
Nathan
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is actually one of my wife's favorite movies (I know, pity me).  "We" actually don't watch it very often, mostly because I can't keep my mouth shut during it.  Which, as you can imagine, causes some tension during the film.  What a loss.  :p
charles crabtree
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Cool as Ice, is a movie nothing more nothing less! Bad nor good,although Vanilla Ice was the Eminem of yesteryear, "he was that big." Nostalgic-vintage-and reminiscing are words that come to mind when I think about watching this movie, as I  DO own an original copy. I know everyone has their right to free speech, but why rip on Vanilla Ice a "rapper" when you listen to hard rock like Spinal Tap/etc, why are you watching a film featuring a rap star "of that era!"

I grew up and never thought of him as a mega star the likes of Michael Jackson, but 20 yrs from now, when my kids ask me who were popular when I was a kid I will proudly say Vanilla ice, New Kids on the Block, MC Hammer........etc, etc.......
         To the rest of the people who just like to run down this movie or the individual himself, Play That Funky Music, and get on with your life!!!!!!
Felicity
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This movie disappointed on two levels. It was a bad movie, and it cheapened whatever image Vanilla Ice had at the time.

Still, when this movie comes on nowadays, it makes me nostalgic for the simpler, more innocent time that was the early 1990s.
Jeff
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2007, 06:21:21 PM »

This movie is so bad it's hilarious.  From the bad one-liners, MC Hammer clothing, 80's shades, and neon colored sport bikes, this movie is great after a long day at work or a couple of beers on Friday night. 

I can't say that this movie exactly propelled Vanilla Ice into stardom, but it is very entertaining.

Hearing the line " Words of Wisdom: Ditch that zero and get with the hero!"  coming from a man in flourescent yellow parachute pants, dollar store sunglasses, and a flat top haircut with blonde streaks is classic B-movie humor.  Even Arnold, Rambo or Dolph Lungren couldn't come up with a line that bad!
aaron
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2007, 12:39:38 PM »

was this guy ever cool. and how? the style and clothes were laughable. so was his music.he makes puff daddy a lyrical genuis. i felt embarrassed watching this. Im glad the vanilla ice phase was short along with the dancing. His acting is more painful than the bright pants he wore. His hair-wow that was crap. I wonder how he feels watching himself in this movie. Ashamed i hope. I dont know why i watched the whole thing. Its like staring at some freak of nature. Just couldnt turn away. thanx for listening i needed to get that out.
movieguy247
New Visitor

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2008, 09:14:51 AM »

I admit it, I'm one of the 10 people that saw this in the theater. Yes, it was terrible. V-Ice is as good an actor as he is a musician. By the time this movie came out in October 1991, his 15 minutes were over.
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2008, 03:33:14 PM »

Update*

It seems our 'Heroic' former-icon recently was recently arrested for:

(drum roll)

(drum machine)

*DOMESTIC VIOLENCE*

Does Vanilla Ice seem like someone who'd hit a girl? Maybe. Does he seem like someone who'd hook up with the kind of woman who would punch him first to start a fight? Maybe.

My most specific memory of this movie was one for the quotes topic, when the little brother walks in, the leaves, assuring them:

"I'll come back when you're done making sex."

Of all the movies I watched when I shouldn't have been watching movies unsupervised, this one was probably the most benign. TongueOut

(Yes, I downloaded his TMNT song...waiting two more years to distribute the 90s mix we all deserve)

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Rip Van Winkle
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2008, 02:37:32 PM »

Well I managed to dodge this craptastrophy from the time when I danced like him at my junior high school dances until now.  So this is what they show on HBO during the day!  

I was in the privacy of my own home and humiliated and embarrassed beyond belief while watching this horrible film. I couldn't help but wonder if Ice watches this from time to time or subjects anyone who recently met him and just doesn't know, to it.

I feel bad for him; he sucked on every level possible.

For a comedy I give four stars, for a serious drama; if there were no more toilet paper available in the world and all I had was the actual film of Cool As Ice to wipe with; I'd use my hand.

V-Ice Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2008, 09:01:52 PM »

"I love my wife and my family. We have been together for 14 years. Every now and then there is a bump in the road just like in most relationships, unfortunately mine is made public, and the media has a way of twisting things around. Don't believe what you hear. When I got out, we hugged and made up. We just want the whole thing to go away. My family means the world to me and I would never hurt anyone."

-ROB V.
V-Ice Fan
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2008, 09:03:17 PM »

Get Mind Blowin', Hard to Swallow, Bi-Polar and Platinum Underground if you want to hear what Rob is really all about in terms of music. Those are good albums. Cheers
Anonymous
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2008, 08:40:57 AM »

Prosecutors decline to charge rapper Vanilla Ice

13 hours ago

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Authorities decided against prosecuting Vanilla Ice for a domestic battery charge since his wife recanted her original statement.

The 40-year-old performer (real name: Robert Van Winkle) — who sold 15 million copies of the single "Ice Ice Baby" in 1990 — was arrested April 10 at the couple's home. Authorities said his wife called 911 and claimed he kicked and hit her during an argument. She later told deputies he only pushed her.

In an affidavit provided to Palm Beach County prosecutors, Laura Van Winkle recanted her original allegations. She now says any physical confrontation was accidental.

Prosecutors on Tuesday closed the case.
Leon
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2010, 02:29:21 PM »

When I was a kid, I watched this movie and thought Vanilla Ice was a cool person. The actual movie is like a long music video; it's quite surreal and dreamy. Definitely not a great movie, but it has something about it that makes it quite charming. The only thing that p**ses me off about Vanilla Ice, is the fact that he only had one big hit. He could have built upon that infamous Ice Ice Baby tune, but all his other songs were really poor.

Vanilla Ice is fated to always be infamous for being a white rapper at a time when the black community weren't ready to accept him. He had attitude and talked bulls**t,  but what rapper doesn't? He was hard done by. It's a shame that all the negativity drove him mad, and he changed his style completely. Oh well, it's a long time ago.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2010, 02:08:09 AM »

The phrase 'homeboy this!' sounds good before you twat someone with a baseball bat.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2010, 09:49:57 AM »

I recored and saw this movie with my wife.  I am very lucky that she did not divorce me.  This movie was ALL OVER the place with the plot.  There were a lot a plot holes too.   Question  I will say that I will buy and watch it again.  It is a good movie for those braind dead moments when you really have nothing else to do.   Twirling

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
YepYep
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2010, 06:44:36 PM »

Buggedout Buggedout
9/21/10

ILOVE THE MOVIE "COOL AS ICE". I JUST DISCOVERED IT A FEW DAYS AGO ON THE CHANNEL WAM. I REALLY DONT CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY I THOUGHT THE MOVIE IS ALMOST CULT WORTHY AND PEOLPE SHOULD GIVE IT ANOTHER CHANCE/LOOK. IT IS GENIUS IF YOU LOOK AT IT FRO A DIRECTORS POINT OF VIEW ALL THE DIFFERENT ANGLES. I ONLY BAD THING ABOUT IT IS THE FACT THAT V-ICE WAS A RAPPING MOTORCYLE TRAVELER BUT THE REST OF THE MOVIE WAS BRILLIANT.

P.S HOPE YOU'LL GIVE IT A CHANCE
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Cool as Ice « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.