Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:29:18 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Last Dragon « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: The Last Dragon  (Read 110944 times)
cinemaster
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I have the movie (VHS, Laserdisc & DVD), I have the soundtrack (Album-Remember those? & CD... Can ya tell I love this funky lil' movie?
I saw this movie many times..., I was homeless then.., & I couldn't get enough of "Star", Upset Stomach", "Seventh Heaven" & my personal favorite, "Fire". I kinda even  liked "First Time On A Ferris Wheel"..., I get misty eyed over stuff I would have killed to get back then, clothes, hair styles, tennis shoes, music..., i'm now looking at it going "EWWWWW"!!!!! Thank GOD I didn't get ANY of that stuff! But it's nice to watch people who looked good in that stuff!!!
J.M.
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2002, 04:33:40 AM »

I just bought the DVD!  This movie is the greatest!!!  It is so great that Busta Rhymes borrowed the fight scene!  SNO-NUFF!!
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2002, 10:58:48 PM »

this movie is kick ass. taimak is a cutie! the eighties were a.. somewhat different era. very interesting.
Dan
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is one of my favorite movies of all time, right up there with Buckaroo Banzai, Big Trouble in Little China and I don't know what else (Scorpion King?).  Yes its cheesy, yes its a bad movie, but it is so much fun.  And the music brings a tear to my eye.  I envy the guy who has the sound track.  Must find sound track, then I, too, will have The Glow.
Iressivor
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Cool movie.  I used to watch this one a lot when I was a kid.  Have any of you guys been to the Last Dragon tribute site at fast-rewind.com?  I hear it's hosted by the star of the movie himself, Taimak!
Taimak Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Thank you all for showing your interest in the movie "The Last Dragon."  Taimak would like for you all to check out his website. www.taimak.net.  If you can, please, leave a message in Taimak's guest book.
Taimak would love to hear from you all.

GOD Bless you all.

Taimak, sends his love.
Mary M.
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2004, 09:26:49 AM »

I just finished watching the Last Dragon at 10:00am this morning and was inspired to find out more about Taimak.  I remember some of your roles since the movie and I hope to see you in more lead roles in your future. All the best to the best!!!!!!  
Joe
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I've been involved in the martial arts for over 20 years. I saw this movie when it first came out and became an immediate fan. It's not realistic, but it's a great movie! Where else can you see an action, martial arts, romance, fantasy, comedy all rolled into to one and done so well?  A black protagonist that thinks he's Chinese, three Chinese that are trying to be black, a two-bit arcade operator that wants to be a mob-boss video producer, a really wierd (and funny) kung-fu mobster, etc., etc., etc.
I've owned it on VHS for some time. Thanks to it's continued popularity I have now been able to obtain it on DVD. Long live Bruce Leroy and THE GLOW!

Joe
mandy
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I would like to contact Taimak and tell him he is still gorgeous, I saw him in Newyork in november last year, I am from Liverpool England, and I have always wanted to go to Newyork it has always been my dream, but little did i know that i would come face to face with my teenage idol, i was so amazed i couldnt speak and he just walked by without me saying hello, i did get him on my camcorder though, it was the highlight of my trip and i am just sorry that i didnt have the guts to approach him. Taimak you havent changed a bit, you are exactly how I remembered you.

love Mandy.xx
Star
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

OMG.  I am so gld there are so many people out there agree that The Last Dragon was a kick ass movie.  I saw the movie in 1988 when I was just 7 years old.  It left indellible marks on me.  I just saw it on tv about a month ago, and now I cant get the catchy tunes or Taimak and Vanity's faces out of my mind!  

Taimak, wherever you are, keep doing movies, and Please, pretty PLEASE get to work on a sequel to the last dragon...It's almost 20 years overdue.

And as far as that website, taimak.net goes, I've been having lots of trouble getting on there.  Does it even still exist?

diehard Bruce Leroy fan,
Starlesha,
Detroit, MI

Esther
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the delay some changes have been made
you can check Taimak out at:

www.Fast-Rewind.com/lastdragon.htm

www.Fast-Rewind.com/dragon

You can sign his Guest book on Yahoo
and MSN  " SEARCH "  Type:  [  Taimak's Email ]

Please  " PASS THE WORD "

Thank  You

beppu
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

About a week ago (just before Thanksgiving 2003) I visited New York City for the first time in my adult life.  One night, I went to watch a play w/ my friends, and it was the funniest play I'd ever seen.  And if that weren't enough the lead was played by Taimak (aka Bruce Leroy).  That brought back some nice memories from the 80s.  ;-)

Check it out:

http://www.roadhousetheplay.com/

Joshua Robinson
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I really do love this movie, because it inspired me to be put into tae kwon do classes now i am a 3rd degree black belt . my favorite part was when sho-nuff said to leroy, he said who's the master about 2 more times but when lroy said I am and he started to glow,
     I love this movie and i encourage all movie lovers of this to e-mail me ,
              I love to recieve mail, love Joshua Robinson
Limbo
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I had to post this...he mentions in his review that "some unknown actor who would look more comfortable with a hard hat on his head and a shovel in hand" initially implores Laura to play Arkadian's stuff.  That unknown is actually William H. Macy (boogie nights, fargo, mystery men, etc.).
zebra
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I watched the Last Dragon in Japan when I was serving in the Navy. 1986

Now in 2004, I rented it AGAIN to have my 8 year young son watch it and experience the GOODNESS that rolls off the screen as you watch this film.

AWESOME, ENTERTAINING, Everyone from cast to crew, A to Z cared about the audience and it showed while you watched this film.

Please do the Dragon Awakes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Last Dragon « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.