Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:54:53 AM
712926 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Prisoners of the Lost Universe « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Prisoners of the Lost Universe  (Read 22425 times)
BoyScoutKevin
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

A mile away. Now that I think about it, I think I have seen this one. Of course, my opinion of it is lower then Andrew's. But, let us talk of other things.
Who would have thought one would see Tasselhoff Burrfoot in a film. And since we have mentioned Burrfoot, let us mention the Dragonlance series. Here are some of my favorites from that series. "Kindred Spirits" by Mark Anthony and Clyde Caldwell, "Stormblade" by Nancy Varian Berberick, "Seventh Sentinel" by Mary Kirchoff, "Vinus Solamnus" by J. Robert King, "The Rose and the Skull" by Jeff Crook, "Dezra's Quest" by Chris Pierson, "Dragons of Summer Flame" by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, and the short story collection "The War of the Lance."
And if one is looking for a writer who can write a good action scene, then check out Douglas Niles, especially his earlier books in the series. Enjoy!
Josie
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2002, 08:31:57 PM »

Hajime Kanzaka should sue.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 08:56:47 AM »

The reason that the people drive European cars and trucks (i.e. right hand drive) in POLTU is that the film was made in South Africa.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Beni
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I've been searching for this movie since I saw it 20 years ago.  Thanks for your review!!!
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 04:18:01 PM »

Thanks to reader Glenn for a correction.  He pointed out that this movie actually predates the Dragonlance AD&D series by a year.  Malachi might be the template for Tasslehoff Burrfoot, rather than a cheap imitation.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
CadorBolin
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 08:31:25 PM »

Just watched this movie today (part of the "Nightmare Worlds" 50 movie pack -- a series of DVD sets produced by Treeline) and I was surprisingly entertained in a "so bad it's good" kind of way.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 05:53:03 PM »

I am watching this gem right now (got it on a Sci Fi collection of eight movies).  I have to say that I personally think the clever use of sound effects take away from the god awful acting.  I loved it when Dan and Carrie were running from the little guys with the glowing red eyes  BounceGiggle and they wind up on the side of the mountain.  Then comes the caveman, he pushes the little guys with glowing red eye over and you hear strange sound effects of the littler person going over.  It was the same for the boulder with Carrier knocked it off the cliff.

I was in bed sick from work watching this today.  Now I think I will have to call in the rest of the week because my sinus problems turned into a migraine.

But the real sad part, after the movie of course, is that I will watch it again.   Thumbup Smile

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 06:57:36 PM »

I recently found out that I had this movie as part of a 50-pack. I put it on and actualy found it to be really good. I liked the formula and thought that some of the characters were really great  TongueOut

"Malicii, give me back my watch..."

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Mike Cronis
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 01:46:08 AM »

It's nice to see the boys from Hawk the Slayer in a last hurrah.  Interestingly, all the characters generally reprise their rolls.  It would have been nice to incorporate the disco-keyboard-inferno effects from Hawk but we can't have everything now, can we?

Some of the dialog unexpectedly not cheesy at times which confused me.  The storyline was actually pretty good, though "saving the girl" is a bit one-dimensional, but first-thing's first, right?  Turns out first thing's last as well.  Finding the "invisible dimensional door" was cake, thanks to the dwarf from Hawk the Slayer.

"What about my waaaaaaaatch?????....."
psychobunny
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 10:11:23 PM »

After all these years, I thought it was a bad dream I had, but the movie is real! My friends thought I was crazy!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Prisoners of the Lost Universe « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.