Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:54:15 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Wing Commander « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Wing Commander  (Read 47854 times)
M
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It's also a proof that designers from one genre should be banned from migrating into another (the guy who made this excrement is the designer of the actual games - not too surprisingly, this was his first *and last* film)
Evil Imperial
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Oh why did they had to make such a good series of novel (non-movies ones of course) and video games into a utter utter piece of s**t, thank god Iceman was the only one that wasn't in it :D
WitchKing
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Haven't Prinze and Lillard made about three movies together?  Who on earth thinks they play well of each other?  Further proof that contracts with Satan must exist.
Teh Bwta
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2005, 06:41:23 AM »

I AM A WING COMMANDER FAN, AND ALSO SUPER p**sED!
Lying Bastard
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

One of the notable things about the Wing Commander series of games is the cast of well-defined characters (NPCs) you interact with.

One of the most notable things about the Wing Commander movies is the lack of character and interactions that aren't pure nonesense.

In addition to the "woefully underpowered assault rifles" thought... Freddie Prinze and Company appear to be using the same weapons as the Naval Base personnel, and yet whereas the base personnel's bullets bounced off the Kilrathi, the pilots' bullets punch through them like a crossbow bolt through a stick of butter.

As for Starship Troopers... yes, you'd think that an armament program capable of making pocket nukes would be capable of doing better than 5.56mm assault rifles. Hell, even a UAS-12 combat shotgun with rifled slugs would be better (the 12-gauge sized slug having significantly more mass and impact energy than a 5.56mm lead)

I'm rather tempted to write a script for the movie this should have been.
Witchblade
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 04:15:14 PM »

As far as some films go - it could have been worse.

Not making as many errors when filming would have been a good start.

and at least 2 types of fighters would have been good.
OK they have a bomber - g-whizz.

Even battlestar has several versions of the viper.
Susan
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 05:09:43 PM »

maybe they should have made a movie based on Zero Wing

someone set us up the bomb!
Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 08:36:33 PM »

This movie had the potential to be a really fun movie, the problem is the plot wasn't very clear. I watched it a few times, and I still don't know what it's about.
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2007, 09:59:48 PM »

The only thing I remember about this movie was I got to second base with a girl during it. Good memories.  Smile

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

robinloaf
New Visitor

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2007, 10:40:53 AM »

THIS MOVIE SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED!!!!!!!! It makes "Super Mario Brothers" look like "Citizen Kane". Well, almost.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2007, 07:25:49 AM »

If they really wanted to make the film the right way, they would have used the actors from WC III and WC IV to make it better, but then they would have to change everyone's rank since I don't think Mark Hamill can pull off a 20 some year old Lt, at his age.
Steve
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2008, 12:38:24 PM »

i don't know how good or bad the gamea are the film was complete bulls**t. If one stood down and did some research he would have done such a mess. I hate when they come with these scifi movies and turn to be complete bulls**t. they make the genre look awful. Thank god there are a couple of good scifi movies. Hope that at least when someone wants to make a good sci fi movie talk with an expert on the matter not try to invent things by yourself it saves you from making complety stupid films!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 03:20:52 PM »

Yuk!  Thumbdown

They shoulda made a "Star Fox" movie instead. For sure.

Tiger Claw
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 12:56:39 PM »

I was a massive fan of the video game on my PC back in the day when this movie came out.  This movie wasn't even close to the video game.  Thank God that the producers of the newest Star Trek movie learned a lesson from this movie and came out with something even better than the original.  It was good to read these posts and remeber the glory days of the old Wing Commender series on the PC.  Thanks for the walk down memory lane

Spammy link removed.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 03:55:44 PM by Andrew » Logged
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2009, 12:10:21 PM »

Captian : (Wispering) Lets drift around behind the asteroid. Steady on...prepare for action...
First Mate : SIR, THEY CAN'T HEAR SOUND THROUGH A VACCUME. WHY ARE YOU WISPERING.
Captain : What?...(Hurummh)  I MEAN, I KNOW. GOT A COUGH DROP ON YOU?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Wing Commander « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.