Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:15:55 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Punisher « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Punisher  (Read 44309 times)
Hong Kong Cavalier
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

One thing I learned from this movie:

12 gauge shot guns can hold up to 15 to 20 shots before reloading.  Check out the scene where he's chasing the van that ends up in the drink at the end of the dock.
Steve
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Sweet! One of my favorite comic-based movies on BadMovies.org!

You're review was damn near perfect Andrew, but more attention should have been paid to how good the action scenes were considering the movies low budget. And three slimes just doesn't seem to be enough.

Dolph Lundgren gets to be an unstoppable tank in this movie, and I feel that it is still his best performance.

And remember people, when you're taking on a monster sized guy with a 12 Guage, a chain just isn' going to cut it!
Dirk
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I can“t help it I just love this kind of movies where the "good guy" goes around killing people trough the hole movie and he never gets cought =)

This is absolutly one of Dolph“s best movies!!!
Rabbit
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Here's something interesting to look out for.  At one point Dolph and his buddy are captured by the Yakuza and left in an operating room to be tortured by the group's evil doctor.  Once the doctor is left alone in the room with Dolph to do his dirty work, the doc's suddenly wearing a pair of women's red highheels!!  You can even see them laying next to the guy once Doplh's overpowered him and tied the Doc up to his own operating table.  Maybe they'll have an explanation as to the Doc's choice of footwear for this torturing ensemble in the remake.
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This movie is awesome.
Period.
Neville
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Just one small criticism: Instead of the ramdom killing of slot machines, I'd love to see on video the scene where The Punisher and that mobster nail all that ninjas without effort.
Bruzer
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Embarrassingly enough I own this movie.  I recently viewed the Punisher and was able to tell what era it was by the uzis and ninjas.  

This review was quite accurate and very detailed.  The reviewer was right on the mark with all of the comments, very well written review.  

Watch for the new Punisher movie, to come out in 2004 (http://www.punisherthemovie.com/).  It can only be better than the original.

Ricky
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2003, 05:48:03 PM »

The movie totaly raped the Punisher comic.Come on what is up with him naked in a sewer!Where is the damn skull on his chest for christ sake.Stallone should have played the Punisher.He would be great as the Garth Ennis Punisher,and they could get him cheap!My favorite Dolph movie is Bridge of Dragons and Show Down In Little Tokyo where the great Cary Takagawa plays the villian.He was also good as He-man,to bad the movie sucked.
Akira Tubo
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie may not have had anything to do with "The Punisher," but I liked it.  As someone mentioned, this is one of Lundgren's best movies, and I like Lundgren.
Punished
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Holy Crap! What the hell was up with that movie. At least Lady Tanaka says a ton of stupid things that make you laugh.               ["We are Yakuza. While your ancestors were still shepards screwing sheep on the Meddeterainan Coast. Ours were the crime lords of Asia."... ..."That was an expensive question you asked at the pier last night. It cost us nearly 2 million doh-lars in cash!"... ... "You handle your pain very well. Let's see how you handle the pain of others."]            Plus you would think that the leader of the Yakuza would have nice teeth. Yes they may look fine, but check them out when she has the white make up on.            My favorite murder in The Punisher was when she poisoned the glasses and made creepy sounds with the glass and watch them die.         YAY for Lady Tanaka!
Steven Millan
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Out of all of(the recently retired)Dolph Lungren's movies,this ranks as one of his best:not highly faithful to the Marvel comic,but still heavily action-packed,sheeringly ultra-violent,richly thick with exciting showdowns(and fights),chock full of nasty villains that you wanna see(and do see)get mightily pounded,Louis Gossett Jr. in a nothing-to-do role,decent directing by Mark Goldblatt,and a better-than-average script for a Dolph movie(which were extremely rare).Too bad that New World Pictures(in their post-Roger Corman,mini-major phase)went bankrupt,and then belly-upied,killing this film's chance of the theatrical release that it richly deserved. Hope the upcoming Artisan Entertainment remake will be as good,and heavily violent,as
this film was(but with Frank Castle wearing his ultra-cool trademark skull t-shirt,this time around).
Charles Grybosky
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I absolutely hated this movie!!!!  I am a huge fan of "The Punisher" and this movie turned a complex character into a simpleton who goes around killing people.  Which is not to say that Frank Castle doesn't kill people, but he always has a good reason.  No ironic statements in the movie, just bang-bang-you're dead.  Sylvester Stallone would have been a better casting choice (at least he's Italian).  Granted, Dolph didn't have much to work with  Someone ought to tell the scriptwriter that Frank was a Marine who did tours of Recon duty in Vietnam, which is where he learned the fine art of killing people, not a cop.
Kenner
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I really enjoyed this movie. Once you rise above the fact that it's not really a comicbook adaption but really a great action movie that has good actionscenes and decent acting for the genre. It's very entertaining. Overall I thought that Dolph gave probally the only good performance in his life in this movie.

Overall the movie would have benefited from not such a schlocky score but one cannot deny the fact that this works as a straight foward action flick.

Dolph Lundgren has for the most part disappeared into the genre and hasn't made a movie ever this good (Well "Blackjack" and "Universal Soldier" came close), it is without a doubt his best work.  Dolph Lundgren went on to do some really bad movies  after "The Punisher"

That include "Showdown In Little Tokyo" (Warner),"Pentathlon"(Artisan),"The Minion" (Touchtone)"Sweepers" (Trimark) and "Agent Red" (Columbia)
Beret
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

The bes tthing about the movie is undoubtedly the cool, mute ninja daughter.  She even has a decent fight with Dolph, before a nasty exit...

If only there were more of her in the film, instead of one big scene and a few glimpses.
The Herb
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2003, 07:22:39 PM »

Part of the Dolph Lungren @ss-shot collection.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Punisher « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.