Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:28:12 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Octopus « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Octopus  (Read 38693 times)
Paul Westbrook
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie has got nothing that hasn't been seen before. For more tantilizing tentacled terror, check out, IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA, TENTACLES, PETER BENCHLEY'S THE BEAST, AND OCTAMAN????
casey&erin
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

this movie was soooo bad that we took turns watching it.  and were both bored to the point of drinking.  we just rented "king cobra" which was also released by trimark.  it was, if humanly possible, worse than octopus.  we actually fast fowarded through scenes where there was no dialogue.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Isn't CGI wonderful? Before CGI, the worst octopus, we lovers of B-movies had, was the rubberly one in Ed Wood's "Bride of the Monster." Now, we have one that is even more fake looking. Enjoy!
SSG Chris H. Brown
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I was rooting for the octopus to get the wuss "hero".  I'm in the Army, Military Intelligence Corps (yes, I know, contradiction in terms), and if I had someone like Roy under my command I would've shot him during the shootout with the terrorists and blame the terrorists!
  I agree with Andrew, shoot Casper so he can't get out of the car, get some marshmallows, and sing campfire songs.  I still can't believe I sat through this entire movie without hitting fast forward on my VCR remote.
  What gets me about these movies are how they protray the military, especially the officers, as a bunch of idiots.  If we were really that stupid we would've still been a British Colony that fell to the Krauts and Japanese.  The officers in this movie would fit the bullets from British Officer Fitness Reports I found on the "Car Talk" website:
"His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity."
"This officer should go far--and the sooner he starts, the better."
"I would not breed from this officer."
"This officer reminds me very much of a gyroscope:
always spinning around at a frantic pace, but not really going anywhere."
"Since my last report he has reached rock bottom, and has started to dig."
..and the best for the last...
"This man is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot."
Akira Tubo
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2002, 12:26:12 PM »

This movie was horrible.  Check out a slew of other hateful comments on it at http://www.jabootu.com/octopus.htm.
Ashleigh
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Another bad killer animal Sci-Fi Channel film. Others dependant on CGI like this one include Sabretooth (BAD), Rats (BAD), Mosquitos(with Gunnar Hansen, still REALLY BAD, with 50's like monsters), Shark Attack (one of THE worst films I have ever seen, terrible special FX, definetley shot on a budget of around 100 bucks) and most recently, Snakehead Terror (read about it in Fangoria, very disappointing that such a good magazine would promote such a bad film). Really, these killer animal Sci-Fis have GOT to stop.
zark169
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I just saw this on SciFi over the weekend, but I had to stop after five minutes for almost the same reasons as Andrew.  I tried again near the end when the commander says their below safe depth, but I just couldn't watch.
Josie
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I was going to say that this movie wasn't <i>that</i> bad, but then I realized that I spent most of it's running time folding origami instead of paying attention to what was going on.
Paul R. C.
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I have this movie for DVD. It's a movie about a big monster from ocean and a terrorist. This film is about good man vz bad man. It's bad.
Matt
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2004, 10:16:10 PM »

One of the worst movies I ever in my life, I still dont understand how`s possible that Roy escapes from that bomb.
Sui Hin
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2003, 05:30:04 AM »

I have high hopes for this one . But it turned out to be a peice of rubbish . I spent 100 minutes watching this at midnight . It was torture ! .
JT
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I thought that the opening sequence with the bomb in the purse was great and that Casper made a great villan. However, Roy was just stupid, since he always fell for Casper's persuasions not to kill him. The ending was HILARIOUS! I mean, two people blow up inside a building and a guy is blown to bits from the bomb on the ground beside him in the beginning, but the mini-sub explodes at the end and Roy LIVES?! That is such a HUGE mistake and they still realeased the movie without editing that scene! HA!  
Mahalia Oconnor
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

it was alright i liked the octopus it was cool

from me
Anthony
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2004, 03:59:28 PM »

The movie was cool
Sora the B-Movie Alchemist
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm a sucker for killer animals, but I could not keep track.

Sora the B-Movie Alchemist's Ratings
Headache given: *****
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Octopus « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.