Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:05:43 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed  (Read 64798 times)
Bobaloo
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 07:51:28 AM »

Yes, we all saw "The Last Prom" in driver's ed, where a beautiful young high school junior loses her life when she, a passenger in a van driven by her drunken boyfriend on prom night, is hurled through the windshield after the boy crashes into the side of a one-lane railroad underpass.

A few comments after having seen it again. Sure, the script is terrible; it has poorly written "phatics" (e.g., real-life conversations that are believable). For instance, the opening scene between Sandy and Judy, where Judy stays for two minutes and doesn't invite Sandy along to wherever she is going to go; the prom scene where the teacher — who appears to be well-respected by his students — talks with the two girls and their dates (one of whom is our antagonist). Most of the characters are clichéd, it seems. The actor who played Mr. Clark, it seemed, couldn't act (e.g., he showed little emotion in the final gravesite scene).

Yet, this film made an impression on me. Sure, I never drank alcohol in the first place, but it was the grim reality that happens all across the country — inexperienced teen drivers making one or two mistakes that wind up costly, and this one involves the biggest mistake possible: drinking alcohol.
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 12:51:40 AM »

Hmmm kind of like those old gory films showing the splattered heads and charred bodies or someone pinned by the stering wheel and thoat talking cars kind of like DAD CAN I BARROW THE CAR?
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 09:52:38 AM »

You know, I saw Joy Ride a while back.  However, I saw in 8th grade for Civics class which makes no sense to me why they showed me a driving educational movie during a regular school class.  Another thing, it is said that the film is based off true events and that only one of them survived, which was a girl.  Alright... now how did they get all the information on what happened to the two boys before they picked up the girls?   It makes no sense to me.

I never seen the others before, but I did see an interesting one where a guy gets a bunch of his friends together into his pickup and drive around drinking beer and stuff.  The first off putting thing about it was that this guy managed to squeeze in 3 people into the front of the pickup and about 7 friends in the pickup bed itself.  Isn't that a bit over the limit for how many passengers you can have?  The last thing that bugged me was that he was the only one to survive when the truck crashed.  Out of 10 people, only one survived?  I understand the idiots in the back getting killed because were standing up and partying, but not the other two guys in front with their seabelts on?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
nightfrog99
New Visitor

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 10:57:22 AM »

Thanks for reviewing this video.   I don't remember these videos while attednsing driver's ed, but do remember that they were pretty bad.  Here are two that stand out after all of these years:

a. Mr. Girard (sp. ?): An early 1990's video sponsored by Ford Motor Company.  Mr. Girard is a driver's ed teacher who attempts to show impressionable teens how to avoid getting into accidents, what to do if your car breaks down, and how to be a safe driver.   The funny part is how Ford makes a cheap shot at Chevy (it's biggest rival): 99% of the cars shown broken down on the side of the road are Chevy's (they don't show the Chevy logo for legal reasons, but you can tell it's a Chevy if you know anything about cars), while Mr. Girard's Ford strolls down the road without any problem.

b.  Some 1950's driver simulator video where you're driving one of those huge cars that weigh 6000 lbs.  My driving simulator counsel (a replica of a 1970's boat car with auto transmission) showed that I was pulling into a  garage at 45-50 mph, but the video showed a slow,gradual approach to the garage.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.