Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:07:58 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dark Star « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Dark Star  (Read 95956 times)
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2007, 02:19:25 AM »

I have to say, one part that made me laugh unexpectedly was when the ship drops out of its hyperdrive (or whatever) -- and it just suddenly STOPS.  No sound, nothing.  Just like they quit animating its movement.    I thought that was so jarringly funny....
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2007, 06:14:48 PM »

I've got this cinematic wonder on DVD.

The dead pan acting suits this movie wonderfully.  Never fails to get me laughing hysterically.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
RAZORBILL
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2008, 04:21:27 PM »

YE GODS!, DONT EVER TRY TO BECOME A FILM CRITIC!, YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA WHATSOEVER OF WHAT A GREAT FILM LOOKS LIKE! DARKSTAR IS A GENUINE CLASSIC, A FILM THAT REAL MOVIE LOVERS STILL TALK ABOUT TODAY, ITS A GREAT FILM, ON A PAR AT LEAST WITH SO-CALLED TODAYS "BLOCKBUSTERS" SO I SUGGEST YOU HANG YOUR CAP UP AND TRY COMMENTATING ON SAY...FISHING?
Radioman970/James Perry
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2008, 11:57:30 AM »

I wrote about this one some time ago.  It has since become one of those on the short list that I can pretty much watch any time and be elated for a while after. 

I don't know if a remake would be any good.  This is a product of it's time.  Instead, they should just do the Red Dwarf movie.   Thumbup   

...erm, on second thought... cheech & chong would be perfect for this kind of thing and as of now (2008) they are working together again.  Huuummmmm..... *scratches chin at length*
Orion
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2009, 01:28:01 AM »

Probably the funniest scene in any B-movie I've ever watched was Pinbeck staggering out of the elevator with the rim of that escape hatch around his neck, smoke pouring everywhere. Willie Coyote on his worst days had nothing on this.   BounceGiggle
Lady Critic
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2011, 11:21:01 AM »

Loved it! Found it absolutely hilarious!  BounceGiggle It's good to be bad, bad movies are sinfully good! Sit me down and slap on some JLo I'm not ashamed! If you like bad movies check out my reviews including Dark Star (they are not all bad movies admittedly). laradavy (dot) com
Xaneth
New Visitor

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2011, 09:01:30 PM »

Actually watched this one more than once.  Surfing in space at the end, what a great movie...  Yeah and chasing around the balloon creature was fun.  With a broomstick...
Pacman000
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »

I have this on VHS.  Like (seemingly) every 70's independent sci-fi feature, there's little plot, and lots of talking, wandering around, and random weird things.  Unlike (seemingly) every 70's independent sci-fi feature, there are jokes, some of which are funny.  Their alien has an amazing amount of personality (for a beach-ball), and I like the way Doolittle tried to disarm the bomb (very funny).  All in all, it's watchable, if your in the right mindset.

P.S. The Phoenix Asteroids are pretty.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dark Star « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.