Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:21:47 AM
713407 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Tomb Raider « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Tomb Raider  (Read 40069 times)
« on: July 04, 2002, 12:12:22 AM »

What a stupid movie
Bee
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie sucked. I'd rather shut my fingers in the door of a jail cell then watch this crap again. Heck, I'd rather watch Killer Nerd this this crap. Buy a copy and burn it. Save someone's eyesight.
HenGrenade
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I didn't really want to watch this movie, but I did. I watched with my dad and brother until the scene where Laura found and smashed the clock.

Take it, Comic Book Guy!

STUPIDEST SCENE EVER!

She's a frickin 'archeologist!' And she smashes an ancient, antique clock! What? Is that to prove she's a badass chick? I think she proved that when she destroyed that robot, which was the coolest thing the movie had to offer.

Bah.
KellyV
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I haven't seen this flick yet [but I plan to, no matter what you guys say -- I think Angelina Jolie rocks in a major way, and I wanna be her when I grow up!! :) I would pay money to see her in a toothpaste commercial -- da girl's got 'tude!!], but I was listening to the sound bites, and I've gotta know if my opinion is shared...

Does anyone else think that when Jon Voight attempts a British accent, he sounds a helluva lot like Sir Anthony Hopkins???

I kept waiting for the sound bite of Lord Croft to suddenly go to "...Hello, Clarice..."
Max Gardner
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Fairly entertaining bad movie, but to the best of my knowledge the game series commands nothing but contempt, particularly since after a decent first installment with a lot of nifty stuff about Egypt and Atlantis Lara Croft suddenly stopped raiding tombs and started raiding office buildings, oil rigs, etc. and any semblance of plot is quickly abandoned.  I think Eidos WANTED an army of drooling fanboys - but it didn't turn out quite the way they intended.
Josie
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Since Eric appears to have been too lazy, I did it myself... I compiled a comprehensive list of the Random Acts of Violence in this movie, and it is as follows:

02 min - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST LARA CROFT!
14 min - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A WALL!
17 min - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A CLOCK!
22 min - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A TV DINNER!
28 min - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A SKYLIGHT!
34 min - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A BUTLER!
37 min - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST THE WORKS OF WILLIAM BLAKE!
49 min - MORE RANDOM ACTS OF VIOLENCE AGAINST LARA CROFT!
54 min - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A MONKEY STATUE!
56 min - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A LADDER!
59 min - EVEN MORE RANDOM ACTS OF VIOLENCE AGAINST LARA CROFT!
64 min - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A SACRED SYMBOL!
67 min - ANOTHER RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A SACRED SYMBOL!
68 min - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A NAKED GUY!
79 min - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST ILLUMINATI!
80 min - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST ALEX WEST!
82 min - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A CLOCK!
86 min - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST MANFRED POWELL!
88 min - YET ANOTHER RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST LARA CROFT!
89 min - ANOTHER RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST MANFRED POWELL!
93 min - prepare for RANDOM ACTS OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A ROBOT!
Sara Ellis
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm amazed that there is no commentary on the whole five minutes in the LOP-SIDED brassiere scene. Seriously, check her out when she's going down the stairs and before that! unevenly numbered sack o' potatoes!
Daniel
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It sucked. I never even liked the video game it was based on. Lol, I really like the review for this film on Moviesthatsuck.com. You'll have to look for it yourself.
Brenda Mungie
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2002, 05:32:57 PM »

Angie was Lara come to life.  She is a wonderful actress and she gave her all to this movie.  She was perfect for the part.
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Tomb Riader 2 is on it's way next year... and it's directed by that hack, Jan De Bont.
billybob
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The scene I thought was so sooo funny,  was when she heard the clock ticking,  and tore through the house to find it.  Smashed in the wall panel, and then turned on the light switch.  How smart her dad must have been.  Not only was able to plan ahead well enough to install a light switch (in case his daughter wasn't bright enough to have a flashlight with her when breaking into secret chambers) but he was able to know just where she would break through the wall so the switch could be right by her hand.  Re-f___in-markable.
Captain Napalm
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

James Bond style Movie? I thought we were talking about Tomb Raider.
Please this movie blows.
Take away the fancy effects and this movie is absolutely nothing. This movie is not better than any James Bond movie and it's worse than a lot of others.
It's not even fun as a bad movie. I think I'll go watch Moonraker again and have tons of fun thank you very much.
octo
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

well on the subject of movies based on games... this is by far NOT the worse movie. I don't really enjoy the games BUT i love jolie, the movie was bad and the plot loses me at the end but jolie rocked btw she ain't the best actress, she just has er mean assets and pouty lips. At the beginning of the review which commented about the bond/lara similarities... i don't agree. Bond movies of old weren't bad to start with, but now the stunts and story lines (that have been covered already with the same ingredients) are making them suck slightly... watch the new bond and u know what i mean. (oh and halle berry is getting on  my nerves, a quick note... bond girls are mostly notorious for being played by not so famous actresses... but halle berry who has done alot of action movies and highly famous goes and becomes a bond girl?! makes it very boring... i liked the other chick, new, unseen and miles more attractive then halle-bond stylee)
indaina
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

what did simon expect by taking anjelina to a temple?
i don't see any point of it?
actually it was an insult to the culture of that civilized country! and also anjelina at there was wearing a dress of a monk and a pair of rubber slippers! normally we donot wear slippers or shoes at temples! but? anjelina was! its ok she can wear them at her home but here? i think she is not able to be bare foot even for a minute! ANJELINA DONT USE SLIPPERS AT TEMPLES if i see it i will remove them by force and rub them on her face.
Deep one
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Is this movie that bad? Some friends of mine said it was pretty good and there's even a sequel coming out. Angie doesn't look that bad but I think a much hotter woman was supposed to play Lara Croft but she backed off. I didn't care much for the tomb raider games either.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Tomb Raider « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.