Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:38:18 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Eliminators « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Eliminators  (Read 31839 times)
Chris K.
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Ah ELIMINATORS, another Empire Pictures flick that I do remember so fondly. ELIMINATORS is quite good considering that it's main intentions is to be a comic book feature and nothing else. The writing was witty and the characters were interesting, but the plot drags a bit and Peter Manoogian's direction is way too one dimensional. Empire sure knew how to make some real films. I mean, this is the same Empire Pictures that made RE-ANIMATOR, FROM BEYOND, CRAWLSPACE, and TRANSFORMATIONS! Somebody needs to bring Empire back.
Steven Millan
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Cool:a review and profile on this mid 80s favorite,which helped introduce Conan Lee to the movie going world.
       Even though Conan had a pretty scanty career("Gymkata","Tiger on the Beat"[love that sword fight-style chainsaw duel!!!] and "Tiger O.T.B. 2"),at least he had tremendous fun with his role as the token martial artist of the group,for that character was the best thing about this movie,as well as pretty much made this film.                                                                    Too bad Charles Band wasn't wise enough to recycle that ninja character into his own direct-to-video series,for it'd be pretty cool seeing him take on various monsters,and establish a Full Moon fantasy hero series for a change.
Gabe Kelly
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I literally grew up with this movie! I'm glad someone has finally reviewed this film! It brings back memories of He-man (the cartoon, which will soon appear on Cartoon Network), The Adventures of Lion-Maru (think Ultraman, but more of a fantasy bent, Pegasus', and a hero that changes into a lion warrior because of a mystical sword, and, oh yeah, NINJAS!!!), and Captain Future (a very unheard of anime from the guy that did Galaxy Express 999, Captain Harlock, and others), not to mention the countless kung-fu films, and Ninja Wars. Yes, my childhood was great...
Sean the Lying Bastard
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Another movie I've seen that no one else has even heard of! That's why I love this website - it helps confirm the sanity of insomniacs with a great cable package everywhere.

Seriously, though, I like this movie. It revels in it's own ludicrousity, and it's amusing seeing the more or less normal guy, Fontana, trying to absorb all the weird-ass stuff going on around him. On the other hand, he's also basically a chicken-chested poor man's Han Solo, so I guess it evens out.

Cyborgs, cavemen, kungfu, oh my...
SOme old nobody
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Hey, isn't that Denise "I thought leaving Star Trek would be good for my career" Crosby as Colonel Nora Hunter?
Daniel Williamson
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

He was a pilot who was turned into a robotic agent of time/space... Until he betrayed the man who turned him into a cyborg... Now, he and a group of freedom fighters are  out for elimination...

Acclaimed British screen and stage actor Roy Dotrice and EX Star Trek: the next generation actress and neice of singer Bing Crosbie, Denise Crosbie star in this low-budget 1986 Science Fiction Action Adventure feature film "ELIMINATORS"
The Story of rebellion, friendship and Time and Space.
Abbott Reeves (Dotrice) is the most evil crippled scientist to ever set foot on the planet Earth, Throughout his evil existence, Reeves has always bid on conquering the world, the only he can do that is by interfearing with history and time-travel back through history.
Reeves has taken the dead-body of a aeroplane pilot and turned him into a robot code-named Mandroid (Patrick Reynolds), Mandroid is being used by Reeves as a part of a experiment to see if time travel is possible for him to travel back and change history.
When Mandroid learns that Reeves plans on deactivating him, Mandroid escapes and forms a league of freedom fighters who become his friends and allies.
Scientist Nora Hunter (Crosbie), Cockey riverboat guide Harry Fontana (Andrew Prine) and Chinese warrior Kuji(Conan Lee)Son of a scientist who helped create MANDROID killed at the hands of Reeves.
With a fighting force assembled, Mandroids bids on stopping Reeves from interfearing and travelling back through time, before he rules the world.

Directed by Peter Manoogian
And written by Danny Bilson and Paul De Meo
96 minutes
Classifed (PG-13)

A VIDEO COVER PREVIEW BY DANIEL WILLIAMSON

I_CRIED_AT_THE_END
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie rips - I saw this movie when I was seven man - maybe six - but my dad taped over the end - so my Mum made the end up (years go by - this movie stays in my mind - I can't sleep at night anymore) - I wasn't convinced - I had to find out for myself - so, not exactly knowing the name of the movie, armed with the fact that the main dude had a glowing red eye, I searched video stores for probably 4 years - finally I came across this internet site and saw the dude with the freeky eye - that was about 1 year ago - so I had the name of the movie "Eliminators"  - now do you think I could find a video store that stocked it - I am telling you man - that was a mission - dudes, I normally don't get excited over movies - but this time I almost creamed myself when I found it. so time comes to finally put this thing in - of course my video player is too crap to play it because there is a ton of static - i had to take it to a mates place - I put it in - I am watching, I am remembering, memories are flooding back - I am enjoying the movie - but then I get to the end, and the Mandroid dies - holly crap man - I was Devo', turns out I liked my mums ending better - the ninja saved him. I am so Lame.
Blake
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2004, 06:06:31 PM »

I just found a copy of Eliminators on vhs.Sweet!!It was only 4 bucks.I loved this movie when i was a kid and found out I still love it.I Just burned it on to DVD.
Me, baby, me
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

286 did not have such a slow clock! 12 MHz, perhaps, but, for heaven's sake, not 6!
HAL
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 05:09:23 AM »

Thank you for your review. Indeed objective and full of proper movie guidelines (I've just stopped laughing). Especially the "what I learned" part. But you missed:

Never mind where an American tourist travels, there will always be 1. other Americans doing hard business around with the locals, and 2. everybody speaks a fluent and proficient American English. Ah, and 3. everybody uses US Dollars, you never need a money exchange.

In the era of the 286 processors, IA was pretty feasible. Just WTF happened later, that we don't have it today, I can't tell.

The problem of modern robots is building them. But things like enabling them to transform into energy and back into matter, oh, that comes with IA.

Ninja abilities involve jumping through moving fans without getting thrashed, neither the ninja, nor the fan, nor the ninja's trousers.
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 04:12:02 PM »

This was just on and if I had'nt seen it with my own two eyes I might not have beleived it.  I knew I needed to rush to this site afterwords and see if it was reviewed.  Thank goodness it was, because this might be one of the ultimate badmovies in existence. 

It's fun!  That's what I loved about it.  If I had one thing I could have added to this movie it would have been a stop motion dinosaur.  And there was even a good reason to have one.

A cyborg, and a ninja, fighting against cavemen and a mad scientist who wants to become the ruler of Ancient Rome.  Brilliant.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 04:42:36 PM »

Why is this film not on DVD!  Question

J
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 11:45:19 PM »

I have been searching for this title for nearly 10 years. i grew up renting this movie at my local video store every time my old man took me. is there any way to find this on DVD? anyone able to burn a tape to DVD? i just want to re watch this movie to relive my glory days of watching cheesy 1980's sci fi flicks. any help would be much appreciated.
Keith
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 08:59:22 PM »

Denise Crosby, Andrew Prine AND Roy Dotrice....Crap, I gotta watch this one!!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 11:57:20 AM »

Hmmm. Just watched this again for the first time in years, and I'm not sure Andrew is correct in his assessment of Bayou Betty's sexuality. She gives Denise Crosby a thorough head-to-toe appraisal in the bar, and looks pretty lustful. And Harry Fontana does start to say something later on about what Betty would do to her, but gets cut off in mid-sentence.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Eliminators « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.