Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:52:23 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Rebirth of Mothra « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rebirth of Mothra  (Read 25774 times)
QueenGhidora2000
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Magic Pee"? LOL! Hahahahahahahhahaha!!!! I must see that movie!
Cullen
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I like this movie inspite of myself.  In terms of story, it's inferior to "Mothra."  The effects, while good, always seemed a little heartless in comparison.  The fairies don't have the class of the original duo.  And the kids... Ugh.

Still, there's something about the Moth attacking something so much stronger than herself that gets to me.

I (sort of) like the sequel to this one better, but both are worth while time killers.
Matti Keskiivari
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Hello! This is the first comment I make to some movie. I'm a finnish boy.

Well, I own this movie myself and I know its dubbed "Desghidorah" in the movie, but I've been watching some more pages and I've seen that its officially dubbed "Death Ghidorah".

And the special effects are really good but I see in some scenes the ropes that actually move the flying monsters.
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This one's okay, but "Rebirth of Mothra 2" is better. Aside from a moment of truly lousy wire-work involving the human actors, the SPX are better, the jokes are funnier, the fairies are easier to take, and there's a wizened little Tribble-man called Golgo or Gogo who has, well, magic pee. How can you top "magic pee?"

I don't know if "Rebirth of Mothra 3: King Ghidorah Attacks!" has made it to US shores (in regular distribution), but it has some great moments as well--even if the idea of King Ghidorah being a mass child-kidnapper is totally preposterous...
Chadzilla
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I like this movie as well, three slimes seems about right.  It's fun and not that irritating (though the Fightin' Faeries scene where they trash the kids house did go on a bit too long) and Death Ghidorah is way cool bossness as well.  No one does it like Toho!
Mike
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I'll sum up the one thing that makes the three Mothra movies worth the "price of admition". One word; LORA! (Sayaka Yamaguchi)
I have a real thing for that one little Alias.
Other than that, I just stick to the Godzilla flicks.
(Showa series rules!)
Da Hsiung
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I caught this movie on Sci-Fi a couple weeks ago and I couldn't help but notice that the baby Mothra's cocoon looked strangly ass-like... I almost lost my lunch when it hatched *blech*
GodzillaMothraFan
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I love the "Rebirt of Mothra" movies. The effects are very magical, and the moth's persistence, even when the odds are aginst it, is reallty touching.
These movies are very bad-ass, basically.
tato
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 01:39:50 PM »

This movie was pretty cool.
MR.B
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2006, 10:16:57 AM »

Rebirth of Mothra is a fun adventure and a well made monster film. Though the special effects on not on Hollywood standrds the special effects still are well made . But I wished there some city destruction like in Rebirth of Mothra 3 . Besides the mistakes Rebirth of Mothra is one of the best monster movies made by Toho .
Karolynnkt
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I really enjoyed the "Rebirth" series, even though I literally cried when Mothra drowned.  Even when I play the movie over I seem to have to fast forward through that scene due to the fact I know I am going to cry.  

Overall, the movies were well worth watching.  Quite enjoyable.
George
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 06:46:50 PM »

In the year 1995 Godzilla's no longer alive!,--it's party time in Japan!.

However all celebrating has to come to end sooner or later and hi ho it's back to work we go!.

And what better way than to de-tree the Hokei rainforest!,yes with Godzilla gone the lumber business couldn't be better,until that days of days after a huge tree's cut down a huge mountain appears,and not only that but a strange seal is found near the stump.

Now all of this isn't so strange in Japan,it's just another one those mysteries best left alone.
But you know it can't be left alone,so now the problem is getting rid of the mountain to continue chopping all the trees down!.

Meantime an evil fairy named Bolvera is eyeing the situation,her goal,release the creature imprisoned in the rock either named Death or Desghidrah to destroy the entire world,now what's she going to do in a desolate waste land?.

Well we can't have this,so it's up to,once again good fairies Mona,(the Ajax just turned blue!),and Lora and Mothra to save the day.

Before all this our hero,(if you wish to call him that),has returned home for a bit,where things aren't going so well,in fact the wife's thinking divorce,the kids are traumasized,so daddy give his daughter the seal thing.

He has to leave to blow up the mountain,to make a long story short,this movie is kinda like monsters meet Little House on the Prairie,what follows is Bolvera gets the seal after a big small fight with the good fairies,completely destroying the entire livingroom,things go wrong with the TNT(which used to be one of our favorite networks),and Desghidrah is loosed!.

The 3-headed thing feed on Earths energy,it's up to Momma Mothra,she's to old and gets killed.
We're then treated to manic depressive overtones,common place in the 3 rebirth series,eventually a new Mothra forms from a magic tree,and of course the good fairies are always singing,boy do they sing!,please stop!,you could almost find yourself routing for Desghidrah!.

Finally a new stronger Mothra's ready to battle the 3 headed cousin of Ghidrah,and what a battle,like fireworks gone array.

The good fairies keep giving the seal to the kids,but they always lose it,finally Mothra has to make a huge electronic seal to re seal Desghidrah,now we come to something very interresting,and I'm not talking about Artie Johnson in the Laugh-In.

The Fairies explained the original seal was lost and a new one had to made,I found it strange this movie was shown on the sci-fi channel about the time A&E had Gracie Allens Biography,I point out that in one of the still pictures of Gracie,what was that she was wearing?,to me it looked a lot that misssing seal.

It isn't possible,or was it the fact someone found it during world war 2 sold it to a nick knack store and many years later while traveling the world George & Gracie went into said nick knack store,she wanted it,what else could he do,she was his mealticket,he bought it for her,they brought it home,and then she lost it.

If that be the case,then I'm afraid sometime,someday the world will face Desghidrah again,that's why we have to breath new life into the old Gamera before that happens,and if that is the original seal,where is it?.

Words of warning,anyone who finds,treat it gently or we will face Desghidrah again!.
George
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 02:16:48 PM »

You get the idea,I always jump two steps ahead of myself,if you find the original seal of Desghidrah,which Gracie lost,handle it gently or we will be facing Desghidrah again,it's true,we really do need the old Gamera back again!.
Glamypunk
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 03:58:03 PM »

I saw Rebirth Of Mothra 3 and have to say it is a very nice japanese monster movie, really enjoyable,not one second boring and, of course, much better than the Roland Emmerich Rip-Off. Like also the actors, tricks and heart-touching songs. Don't know the first 2 ones, but Mothra 3 is a masterpiece!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Rebirth of Mothra « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.