Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:11:25 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Motel Hell « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Motel Hell  (Read 52023 times)
Richard
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Pretty good.  Somewhat imaginative.  I like the indifference towards human life displayed by the farmers.  Meats Meat, and man's gotta eat! hehehe  4 out of 5 stars is about right.
Sporkinum
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 10:03:00 AM »

The is what I took my wife to see on our first date. Been married 23 years.
HUTTER
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005, 06:16:02 PM »

The most charming psycho cannibals comedy ever made.
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 05:33:42 PM »

My fiance and I rented Motel Hell on the double sided DVD with 'Deranged', it was my choice, only because I (like a surprisingly large chunk of comentors here) first saw it on late night TV as a child, 5 minutes of it anyway, something else must have caught my eye in between commercials.

While the former went from bad to good to worse for taking itself too seriously, the later went the opposite route and, though it's as cliche as any of the scenes, I have to say that I wish I'd been partying with Ivan and the Terribles when I watched it.

Neither intoxicated, sleep-deprived, nor pre-pubescent, this movie is BAD, paralizingly BAD. I was ready to call it 'classic' 80s cheese till they brought out the hypno-lamps, from then on it was simply trash.

Intentionally absurd or not, I'm laughing at you, not with you.  Thumbdown
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 05:21:33 PM by HarlotBug3 » Logged

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 06:18:27 PM »

The villain's last words are classic:

"I was the biggest hypocrite of all.  I . . . . used . . . . preservatives!"

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
John Oberuch Jr
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 06:12:01 PM »

I say let women do what they want now.  Ida's havin' a good 'ol time there snappin' up those necks there.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 09:31:43 PM »

Yikes.  Just yikes.  Any movie that ends with a chainsaw duel and a man in a pig mask is ok by me.
That's not a pig mask, that's a pig's head on RORY CALHOUN!!!  The casting of CALHOUN as the Motel Hello keeper and farmer is perfect and odd. 

The villain's last words are classic:"I was the biggest hypocrite of all.  I . . . . used . . . . preservatives!"
Class-sick and help explain this film... it's an indictment of American consumerism, y'pigs...!  TongueOut TeddyR  Karma, for you Indiana, good quote!!

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
John Oberuch Jr
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 05:45:07 PM »

The green nutrients make the meat really tender!
tara
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2008, 12:11:27 AM »

Believe it or not I saw this movie when I was just six at a drive-in theater in Manchester, KY.  My aunt, her husband, my mom, and my cousin piled into a Nova and watched this. I never forgot it! At that age the humor was missed by me but not the grisly shockingness!  The thing that stuck in my mind the most were the sliced vocal chords and that unforgettable gurgling noise! And yes, the creepiness of that fat sister--yecchhh!  She's scary!!!  I love this movie, and finally snagged the dvd, a special edition is sorely needed.  Hey, anyone out there ever watched Silent Scream, circa 1980? Another one that left a lasting impression on me. They're never as scary as you remember as a kid but who cares!  B budget movies are the best! Hey, a recommendation-- Deathdream, a 70's movie that I caught on late one night at my friend's. It took me from 1986 to find out what it was then order it. Now I'm the proud owner. You gotta see it.
Matt
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 11:08:30 AM »

My favourite line is Bruce is at the end: "I guess there's gonna have to be some kind of investigation".   You think?!?!
Faelin
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 04:06:35 PM »

Is there a 1950's version of this movie? If so where do you think I can find it?
John Oberuch Jr
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 01:06:30 PM »

It's Bob.
Doodle
New Visitor

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 07:12:35 PM »

IFC played this last night... haven't seen it in its uncut glory in about twenty-five years... yikes!

anyway, it is still awesome... so goofy... good times... needs a good DVD release for sure... I saw there was a remake planned for 2010... made me sad...

interesting side note, looking at all the actor's IMDB pages, it seems like most of them were on CHiPs at least once... maybe they all met there or something...

Doodle
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Motel Hell « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.