Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:55:04 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Alien: Resurrection « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Alien: Resurrection  (Read 66051 times)
Ethan
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2010, 11:13:08 AM »

Resurrection was terrible, almost a B movie. It was far worse than the third one, which itself was far from respectable.

Someone did make a good point about the aliens looking good underwater, which I would definitely have to agree with.
I think what really ruined this one for me was the dialogue: it wasn't just bad, but in fact so terrible as to be jarring enough on more than one occasion that I was reminded that I was watching a movie, breaking the suspended disbelief that makes a film really entertaining.

Resurrection was an Epic Fail in my book.
Chandler
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2010, 02:28:57 PM »

i dont see why this movie is hated so much! the actn wasnt very good but the aliens were godd in it and if u notice, the weird alien baby is in the first alien movie where they find it on the planet
4toddword
New Visitor

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2011, 02:33:32 AM »

TongueOut Why do people think this movie is not good.......
Um, it is terrible. This is one misfire that Juenet cannot live down. He made a comic book movie where the three preceding it had taken the subject matter as realistically as could be expected.
Gory when there should have been restraint, humor that was not funny,and a premise that asked the audience to be completely stupid. It brought what was close to becoming cliche all the way across the threshold.  The actors,ordinarily,were fine. But somehow this film made all of them into buffoons,and none of them deserved it. Sigourney Weaver is a solid character actress,but she painted herself
into a corner here;the scene where she finds her 7 counterparts,and proceeds to weep while incinerating them,was out of character for the film,and embarrassing. Winona Ryder was miscast in her role,and never once conveyed the conviction necessary for the part. Ron Perlman is almost always reliable,but here he is reduced to a misogynistic prick without the brains the Creator gave a goat.
   Dan Hedeya was fine as the idiot ex-husband on "Cheers",but displayed the same exact character here,sitcom twitches and all. Michael Wincott's subtle and nasty purr of a villainous voice was wasted here ,reduced to simplistic come-ons and useless insinuations.
    The story is shoddy,the pacing clunky, and the rest of the cast reduced to stock nonsense. I will not begin to approach the third act,as it is absurd beyond belief,full of bad special effects and
worse(and more woefully contrived) situations. Best forgotten,I wish I could have excluded it from the anthology that I purchased on blu-ray. I'll watch "Micmacs",instead,and hope for better."Amelie" sure was.
claws
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2011, 02:39:22 AM »

After the rather dull Alien 3 I lost all hope for the Alien franchise. Alien: Resurrection made me a believer again.
monster93
New Visitor

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2011, 10:55:40 AM »

I loved this movie, I mean it was gory and with grotesque images, probably it wasn't as good as the first two movies, but I think this was pretty good even compared to many other saga's fourth part you know like "Jaws: The Revenge". Thumbup
monster93
New Visitor

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2011, 05:56:07 PM »

This movie amazes me, is just wonderful. The horror is so beautifully presented The gore and everything made it perfect Also enjoy it and Alien is the best saga ever.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Alien: Resurrection « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.