Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:08:58 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins  (Read 58082 times)
UniMundo
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The movie caught up with me in different ways, especially its philosophy of life with some traits that are worth looking into. Now that I've watched it in cable after several years, I wanted to find out about its soundtrack. For all that I've searched in the web, nothing has come up about the music score. It seems that the producers haven't bothered to make separate cd's about the touching oriental music we listen to in the background. Any information, feel free to email UniMundo@aol.com.
marco
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2004, 01:57:41 AM »

This Movie was nominated for an Oscar too!
Glenn M.
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I loved this movie!
Actually, Chun is more than a martial arts master. His skills rival those who are also masters of time and space (such as the Taoist masters). Walking on water is one of those skills. He is capable of much more, but reveals only what is necessary.

numbskull
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2004, 12:11:16 PM »

What I learned from this movie- Construction workers will kill a guy for thirty dollars.
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2005, 06:45:10 PM »

Great site!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Great site ~ thanks! Just one thing, MacCleary isn't shot dead, he offs himself in hospital by cutting some tube or other.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Eagle
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

One of the coolest action-movies of the good ol´ 80s. Propably "xxx - Triple X" tried to suppose to be like this but failed. All I can say is, that the story is cool, acting is cool, comedy is cool and the action is over the top. A must see! When it was released I heard that they wanted to create something like a american James Bond with several parts. But sadly a sequel was never produced.
Kevin
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This film is closely related to DUNE, the David Lynch attempt at creating a film from the Frank Herbert novels........how is that I hear you ask?

Simply because anyone who knocks it has NOT READ THE BOOKS!

The film tries to do the series of books justice, within a limited time frame, it simply could'nt be done, a series is what was, is and will always remain......required.

With the right cast and a director who has read and more importantly LOVES the books a series could and should not only be made but deserves to be HUGE!

Having said that, my own opinion is that the film is a hoot, it captures the humour from the books, none of the scenes are of such a length that you have time to lose interest and casting Fred Ward as Remo and Joel Gray as Chiun was a masterstroke!

To anyone who has'nt yet seen it my advice would be, BUY it, grab a bucket of Popcorn and a crate of beer, suspend your disbelief, buy into the characters and laugh yourself silly!

Best Scene:

Chiun "put your hands on top of your head"

Remo does this.......Chiun kicks him in the Mummy-Daddy department.........Remo doubles up in agony............

Chiun "I did not say "keep them there!"

Classic!!
GGuy
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

There was some really hokie stuff in this movie. The worst part was at the end where Chiun runs across the water to the boat. I mean that was just plain stupid. He splashed. No way Chiun would make a splash! Remo at this point, maybe, he's still a clumsy yak. Chiun, no way, nope, nuh-uh!
MB
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I really liked this movie- action, humor, adventure. It was not made to be cerebral, it was made to entertain and it does. Don't try to analyze it- sit back and be entertained.
holland
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is really great. Joel grey was fantastic in this movie as chiun . I loved the comments chiun made in the movie. I also saw him together agian with Kate Mulgrew in resistance (an episode from the serie star trek voyager)Joel grey was a special guest star. It was a really funny episode joel grey's character thought that kate mulgrew's character was his daugther. unfortunately joel grey character dies in the episode.
Ernst
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2008, 10:31:25 PM »

Hello, can anybody tell me what Grove's studies were? He graduated as what?

Thanks
Kat
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 07:47:16 AM »

Oh my, I just about saw this movie today, with portuguese subtitles, which is very funny by the way....and I loved it....Though, I've never heard of it before and was pressured into watching it by a fellow Kate Mulgrew fan, I thought it was fantastic. I wish they had made a series out of it. That would have been great to see. You now, Chiun nisult Remo, Remo getting the girl. It was all so cheesy and set up, but that's absolutely what's so fantastic about that movie...glad that I watched it.
layne lainer
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 09:54:08 PM »

hell yeah, great review and I never actually saw  it! But I was mesmerized by uts trailer  eons ago
Chuin_the_Great
New Visitor

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2012, 10:54:44 AM »

Only a pale piece of a pig’s ear would consider this film as "bad". Perhaps the acting of the whites in this film was less than that of a Korean, which by the way is the most perfect creature to grace the Earth with the print of its foot. The part of Chuin the Great while not as good as the real Chuin was at least close in demeanor. Remember it was a white that played the part of Chuin, one can only expect so much from such a filthy animal. The story was a beautiful even if too short. The film should have a series that should continue to this day. All hail the Great Chuin and the Mighty House of Sinanju.

One who obviously has good taste, unlike the filthy white pale piece of a pig’s ear that wrote this trash.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.