Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:43:02 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Bloodsport « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Bloodsport  (Read 68941 times)
DC
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Bloodsport is one of Van Damme's best movies ever to date. I mean, it was based on a true story of Frank Dux who founded a ninjitsu system: Dux-ryu. The Fight scenes were awesome. I like the last fight scene during the Kumite between Frank and Chong Li. Personaly I like all of Van Damme's Movies. In Hell had an awesome story line. Haven't seen any of his other newer movies yet, but I'm pretty certain I will.
Steve
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Other terms for an Asian mullet:  Ho Chi Mane, Mekong Mudflap.

The best bloodsport would be a clip of Van Damme getting beat down by Chuck Zito at Score's.

Has anyone else heard the stories that claim Van Damme would unexpectedly kick stuntmen full-force in the actual take to make himself look better on camera?

His best movie: Timecop.  Think about it.  A mulletted Jean Claude goes back in time to save his family and his weaker, un-mulletted self.  

Asha
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The best movie I've ever seen, I love it!
Jim Hepler
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2003, 02:22:46 AM »

People rarely mention this is based on a true story.  I wonder how loosely.  Where is the real Frank Dux now?
Ricky
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I really like Blood Sport, it is probably the best Van Damme movie ever.It started the whole under ground fighting tournament movies.I guess I just like watching people of different fighting styles fight.And who could ever forget that kid that played a young Van Damme,"I wasn't going to steal it"!ha,ha,ha,! If you want to see a cool tournament fighting movie check out American Samurai great early Mark Dacascos movie,plays the villian.
yannick
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Since i add seen Van Damme in No retreat no surrender i always new he would make it big.

I add goose bumps when i saw the trailer for Bloodsport on tv.

I saw Bloodsport about 5 or 6 times in theatres and saw it not long ago on Showcase action, i have seen this movie so many times and still find it very good.

Its was the stepping stone for all the crap that came out after, Bloodfight,, Bloodfist, and all the rest of the s**t.

Its a shame that Van Damme isnt what he was, i always liked him and used him has my role model when i did martial arts younger.

Jeff
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2003, 04:02:40 PM »

This is a great Van Damme movie. I really dont think it needs to be in this Badmovie.org site. If you want to review a bad Van Damme movie - do STREET FIGHTER or DERAILED.
Steven Millan
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Just what the hell happened to this guy's career,for once he started making bigger budgeted movies,he suddenly took a direct downslide straight toward the barrel's bottom("Sudden Death","Derailed",and "The Order",anyone?!)
          Anyway,this is one of Van Damme's much better outings,since it openly displays all of the martial arts skills that made Van Damme the at-the-time exciting pre-Jackie Chan superstar to look forward to(before his  
incredible massive fall),and helped pave the doorway widely open for the Hong Kong martial arts/action film genre and Jackie Chan(and those who followed him:Jet Li,Chow Yun Fat)to take over,and change the entire structure of the (then-dying)American action film.        
Trish
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

One beef on the review:

Frank DID finish his fight with Chong Li virtually blind from the powder. The Zombie yell was his Manly Cry of Helplessness, which was overcome with The Flashback of Supreme Truth. The flashback, as you'll recall, recapped scenes from his training to fight while blindfolded. Now that he faced the real deal, Frank had to Reach Deep Within Himself, recall his blind fighting skills, and employ them to defeat Chong Li.

To wit, had Frank not remained virtually blind from the powder, Chong Li would never have pushed the referee toward Frank - attempting to bait Frank into hitting the ref and leave himself open to some Man-Breaking.

Also, during the remainder of the fight, Frank never looks at Chong Li directly whilst kicking his ass, and kept the referee behind him to keep the ref from getting HIS ass kicked on accident. Frank wouldn't have done either of those things had he not remained virtunally blind from the powder.
Jordan
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Yeah... This movie is great! I would say this is one of the best movies I've ever seen, because I am really into this Martial Arts Stuff,...
I wonder if we ever started up a petition for J.Claude to do another good Martial Arts movie, and thousands signed, if it is possible some producers would start thinking about it?...
Todd Phillips
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

After re-reading my work after a long while, I realize that I forgot a good quote:  Ray saying to Helmer and Rawlins, "I ain't your pal, dickface!"
batonlady
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Frank Dux is a good friend of mine.  He is currently in Seattle as i write this and doing well...{a reply to the above inquiry). Go to his website and contact him, he will get back with you.

4-20-2004
413x
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2003, 01:52:44 PM »

BEST MOVIE EVER! Me and my friends watch it a few times a week. Its like an addiction.
Luke John Berg Lund
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It really impressed me watching jean claude van damme's aesthetic and beutifully choreographed fight scenes, aswell as his intense acting skills and dramatisation.
cafe creme
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Ahhhhhhh that's more like it...go to jeanclaudevandamme.free.fr/ even if it's in french...there is a beautiful picture in the first page which speaks for itself...the guy is a genius...and u luke john berg lund (It really impressed me watching jean claude van damme's aesthetic and beutifully choreographed fight scenes, aswell as his intense acting skills and dramatisation.) U should really got an education...
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Bloodsport « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.