Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:21:18 AM
713398 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Creeping Terror « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The Creeping Terror  (Read 78631 times)
Squishy
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The backstory on this baby is just as much fun as the movie itself. From the IMDB.com listing's "trivia" page:

--(Director) Art Nelson convinced several investors that he was making a big budget horror film and appeased them by offering them small parts for the price of a few hundred dollars each, in exchange for a share in the profits. (This explains why so many people are eaten by the creature to allow the investors their moment of glory.) Just before the film's release, Nelson vanished with a few lawsuits hanging over him, and he hasn't been heard from since.

--(The)entire film is narrated because, while filming a scene on Lake Tahoe, Nevada, director Art Nelson accidentally knocked the sound recording equipment into the lake. There wasn't enough money in the budget to replace it, so Nelson narrated the movie himself in postproduction.

However, I should point out that Art Nelson--at least, according to the correct listing at IMDB, the wrong listing is linked to the "trivia" page--is credited with an acting role in "Jack-O." Brr.

Screenwriter Robert Silliphant also wrote "Monster From The Surf" and "The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living And Became Mixed-Up Zombies." I don't know if he was related to Sterling Silliphant ("The Swarm").

Personal favorite scene: Fat guy faw down go boom!
steve
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I have to admit I did like one scene in The Creeping Terror.
The first girl being engulfed in the dance hall scene had nice legs, stockings and all. Has the bots from mystery science theatre would say, "Sheer Energy". Nothing really else to say about this oh-so-bad movie.
staev
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Amplifying Mikes statement, yes, the sound man lost the entire track. Further, the "victims" actually had to pay to be in the film.
Mike
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The used narration because the film makers lost or screwed up the dialogue tracks, can't remember which. (Read this in some film mag)

So of course they had the video content but no audio. Instead of throwing in the towel at this point, they simply opted to dub in narration. They must have figured this was better than the complete loss of such a great film. lol
Big Paulie
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Ah yes, the Creeping(emphasis on 'Creeping') Terror...

But, take a close look, and this is what I thought when I first saw this 'cinematic tour de force', isn't the 'mouth' strangely reminiscent of a--er--vagina?

And I can't believe those actors weren't cracking up during takes, trying to climb/squeeze their way into the monster-suit--um--'Creeeeping Terrorrrrrrr'....

Okay, I'm done now...teehee.
Tars
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this one recently too, and I have to admit the design of the monster was kind of interesting.  (Also the fact that it screamed constantly, but like an asthmatic person.)  While it is obviously a man-in-a-suit, it's not a typical man-in-a-suit.

I would say that whoever designed and built the creature had a lot of imagination but absolutely no talent.

Scott Kellog
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Ah!  My all time favorite horrible movie.

Did you notice that the army rifles oddly sound like
Naval Artillary?

Did you notice that when the Terror attacks the army
(five guys) they all fall over like those green army men
kids used to play with?  One guy, even surruptitiously
looks over at the camera with a questioning look that
says "Isn't this scene over yet?"
Goon
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Ah, my favorite awful movie.  Seeing footage of this in "it came from hollywood" led me to bad movies.  I hope watching it wasn't too painful.

----ooo-'U'-ooo----Kilroy was here.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Oh, how I miss the '60's, in part, at least. This may be the worst film of 1964, but, it is alot more interesting (IMHO) then the best of some forty years later.
And indeed, the director may have been indulging in some sexual fetish, as there is a sexual fetish involving swallowing. As in this case, normal size human beings swallowed by something larger then themselves, or normal size human beings shrunk down to lilliputian size, then swallowed.
Enjoy the film, if you can.
The Magi
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Bad? Oh yes, this one hurt me plenty...

But I'd rather watch this again than see House Of A 1000 Corpse one more time...
Nazgul Queen
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The only way you will ever get me to watch this movie would be to play the MST3K version. I think without Mike and the 'Bots, I'd feel the urge to poke my eyes out. I think the highlight of this movie is the Dance Hall Massacre. That one nameless character who looks and dances like Jerry Lewis was pretty hilarious. Especially when ypou have Crow doing his Jerry Lewis impressions.
Scott
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

It's about time you did this review Andrew! All I got to say is "wow." This movie is repugnant. Way to tackle it. My hat is off to you.

Scottie
staev
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2003, 06:58:29 AM »

An addendum to my addendum: The producer/director, Art Nelson, who charged his investors to be in the movie, disappeared shortly before its release with a satchel of cash and several pending lawsuits. He has not been heard from to this day.
Chadzilla
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I remember this movie as being hypnotically bad when I saw it on a late night Creature Feature (hosted by John Stanley).  Nonetheless it is a movie I remember fondly, especially for all those fetish like shots of wiggling women's butts and legs getting slurped up into that shaggy maw (I agree with Tom Servo, the director had some kind of weird bondage/panty fetish that making this movie allowed him to indulge in), and you would be hard pressed to find a slower monster.  Perhaps a Killer Glacier?

Of course, reading both reviews makes me want to watch it again.  As Pinhead once sighed, 'The suffering.  The sweet, sweet suffering!'
James Auburn
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This one's the champ, folks.  This is the one I'd give the nod to for "Worst Movie Of All Time", worse than "Manos", WAY worse than "Plan Nine".  

It's painfully, AGONIZINGLY dull and slow, but the first time you see that "monster" shamble toward victims too stupid to get up and walk the other way... makes it all worthwhile.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Creeping Terror « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.