Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:27:53 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Creeping Terror « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The Creeping Terror  (Read 78572 times)
Evil Mr. Dale
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this, but one time in my life.  I was a boy not 9 years old.  Watching the afternoon Sci-Fi theater on my television.  I thought it stank then too.  :)

I think there are points in the movie where the creature is moving along, and you can see shoes poke out from under its rug.  :D

At some point it can be so bad it's good.  But, not all the way through.
Constance
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Robert and Stirling Silliphant were half-brothers.  Robert and Alan Silliphant ("The Stewardesses") are brothers.
James Perry
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this movie on something called "Shock Theater" here in Georgia back in the 70s.  You see this at a different "angle" when you're 10.  This B&W creature sucking up ladies and such.  Get a funny feeling down there?  Not really.  But I do now.  LOL!  If you asked me back then I would've told you this film was made in the 1930s.  It's very nearly a silent film.  

The MST3K version is very funny.  "He's making his own broth!", "That's it...climb on in!",  "Mom and dad?  This would be a good time to tell your kids the facts of life!", "Well, little Billy, when a monster reeeeeally loves a cars he...",  "Great.  We'll wait here while you kill us"...so many more.  The DVD version of this episode has the untouched version of the film.  Relive those times when you were a kid.    

Hector
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Bad Movie......

Is Like Michel Jakcson song

"Is bad , is bad , Realy , Realy Bad."
Son of Godzilla
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Awesome web site. The best. You got to love these movies. I do. This was my all time favorite worst movie. Some little known trivia. "The Creaping Terror" won the "Worst Movie Award" during some B-movie fest held in Washington D.C. circa 1978. If you look real hard you can see the 3+ Guys in the rubber monster suit. Oh. And don't forget the school house seen. You know the one. Where the school room is filled with school kids and pleanty of exits out the windows and doors in the back of the room. Yet the "Creeping Terror"(all 2 miles per hour of it) is able to devour the entire lot of all the students. No one gets out alive, hehehehe
Mel
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I love to read peoples' comments on this movie.  I had a couple of family members in it.  My understanding is that the actual monster was stolen right before production, and the creator had to make another monster pronto.  I have seen the original costume, and it was a bit better than the second one they came up with.  Vic Savage (stage name) had also been in some type of motorcycle movie before The Creeping Terror.  It had been named something like 'Street Fighter', but not the present day 'Street Fighter' after the video game.  I have never seen that movie.  As far as I know, a lot of the movie credits given to him are incorrect because he had died before they had even been made.  Enjoyed reading your posts!  I love what MST3000 did with the movie.  We thought the movie had disappeared from the face of the planet years ago.
yodelbean
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I, too, was awed by this stinker when I saw it on Creature Features" in the late 1970s. There's a LOT of mystery surrounding this flick(I spoke to Forry Ackerman about it years ago...he claims it wasn't even made in Lake Tahoe) The most interesting name associated with this is William Thourlby....he appeared in a lot of B films, and produced the obscure slasher/noir drama "Angel's Flight" before becoming a best-selling author of men's fashion books. He was also the first "Marlboro Man" model.
reknet
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Great! I like your review, but i have to confess something i´m not ahamed of:
I really do like the movie. really, I do.
Why? there is indeed a sexual fetish called swallowing, or "vore", which is about being sexual aroused by this type of situations (eat/being eaten). There are a number of sites on the net that cover this. The movie is horribly made, with dull charachters, and an argument that seems to have been made on the go, but it is the woman eatin scenes that make it worth watching. Go, Terror, go!
danec
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie is high art. As you recall scenes to someone; you notice how great it is. The noise created when being et, the legs wiggling into the maw; the awesome dialoge by the narrator about Barney and Brent at the friendship; the "keep moving" repeated over and over by the army guy; Barneys assault inside the ship; the bald guy's double take; the Hootenenny; fishing with gramps; the mother and baby; the dance hall - Miss gold pants and the wacky dancer, how everyone runs into the maw instead of getting away. Oh man i could just go on, this is a great piece of bad filmmaking. Creep on!
Ry
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This review was done perfectly. Too bad I can't say the same about the movie.
Fresno flesno III
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2005, 03:43:52 PM »

This was a rather silly movie.  I believe that the main character was actually played by John Kerry(the guy that lost to Bush in the last election).  There is a striking resemblance.
Sam Longoria
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I have a copy of the original script of "Creeping Terror,"
given me by Harry Medved. I think his "Golden Turkey Awards" bad movie book picked "Plan 9" over "Creeping Terror" as the worst film of all time, because Harry and his brother Michael were on a deadline, and couldn't find any production stills from "Creeping Terror."

There is no other feasible explanation,
for I know them to be honorable men.

Wanta know something really scary?
The script isn't bad. It's pretty readable. "The Creeping Terror" is not a bad movie because it had a bad script. It's really truly bad because the Producer/Director was a really truly bad Director.

I love the narration over everything too, (yes, the original sound was lost, and horribly distorted, and they had to narrate everything).
"Todd told the General, the Creature had been caused to mutate by atomic radiation."

The girls' screams are on a loop, so they repeat and repeat without any change in inflection.
"Aeehhhh!" "Aeeehhhh!"  And that music...

The monster looks like carpets stapled together at the edges, with guys underneath, with clown shoes on their knees, and a big hole in the front for the er, mouth.
It's clearly designed to look like both male and female genitalia at the same time, decorated with oddly-familiar structures, and big clumps of yarn and fur.

Yes, guys arms reach through the hole at times, to pull screaming girls into the monster's er, mouth.

The "Creeping Terror" was made in 1964, and my friend Richard Edlund says he thinks he shot the titles for it when he was at Westheimer effects. The movie is made even more stunning by how good the titles are, then how incredibly mind-numbingly bad the movie is.

I saw it first, late late one night on CBC Canadian TV,
it looked interesting - Hollywood titles, and then it was just unrelentingly, hypnotically bad, for every frame, all the way to the very end.

Even really bad movies have occasionally adequate moments,
but not "The Creeping Terror." Not one good frame.
Not a single one. It is pure.

Watching it is like being struck in the forehead by a mallet.  Pungent, like a very smelly, very old cheese.

Unlike a cheese, "Creeping Terror" kept me going for years,
because watching it gave me hope, and made me realize something terribly important.

No matter how bad my footage, or low my budget, if I pulled my eyes out and tied them in a square knot across the bridge of my nose, and they locked me in a sack and set it on fire, and threw it off a bridge into the river, and it was washed out to sea and I died and sharks ate me, and I settled to the ocean floor as shark poop,
any movie I would make after that...

...would still be better than "The Creeping Terror!"

And - as bad as it was and is for all eternity, and I'm still convinced it's worse than anything, worse than "Astro-Zombies" worse than "Wild Women of Wongo," and as for "Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes" hah!

"KT" was written to be bad on purpose, and is actually intentionally funny in places, and it has a real helicopter crash in it, which is really cool. The worst you can say about "KT" is, it is merely incompetent. It is bad, to be sure, but not this bad.

We're talkin' really truly stinkin' horribly bad here,
for which "Creeping Terror" is eminently qualified,
it is in a class by itself.

And here is the amazing thing. Even as bad as it is,
"Creeping Terror" got made, it got finished, and
most incredible of all things in the whole world...

It got DISTRIBUTED!

It's on tv at this very moment, playing somewhere in the world. I tried to rent it for a screening once, and the distribution company quoted me some incredibly high price $3k I think, and they didn't care when I didn't go for it, because it goes out and plays all the time,
and apparently they get their price.

If you think anything is worse, you haven't seen it, or maybe you were stoned. There is a secret brotherhood to those who have seen and enjoyed this unique production.

As Harry wrote me, "Anybody who has seen "The Creeping Terror," and understands it to be the worst film of all time, is a friend for life."

There has to be a bottom to everything, and in my opinion,
"The Creeping Terror" is it!

Sam Longoria
Producer
Hollywood CA USA
http://samlongoria.blogspot.com
night heron
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2004, 02:13:46 PM »

Possibly the most stupidist looking monsters of all time and its victems just stood around waiting just what kind of director is doing this? it should have eaten the director intead
beka
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Wow. What can one say about "The Creeping Terror"? It's heinously bad cinematography, the lack of a story plot, the hideousness of the acting, the creature that looks like a carpet and a vaccum cleaner got into a fight that make this movie special.
The fact that the film crew was so incompetent that they knocked the sound equipment into the lake and had to use a narrator because they didn't have the budget to replace it amazes me. Truly this is a movie sent to us from the B-Movie Gods.
If you have not seen this movie I suggest renting it (with or without the MST commentary) and watching it with a group of B-Movie lovers (some will still be in the closet) at about 1 in the morning with a thing of popcorn and lots of highly caffienated beverages.
Henry LeCorno
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2004, 12:46:56 AM »

This movie has been compared to The Beast of Yucca Flats. They would make a great double feature.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Creeping Terror « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.