Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:31:48 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Rollerball « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Rollerball  (Read 38606 times)
Whaaat?
« on: March 20, 2003, 08:53:50 AM »

Beautiful review, but... what does it have to do whith *BAD*movies.org???
Dr. Channard
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2003, 07:04:36 PM »

Does anyone believe that this movie could be made today?
Chadzilla
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2003, 08:00:33 PM »

Great movie.  Love, love, loved it from day one.
Tzoq
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

> That [a corporation] could ever have the same rights
> as a human being (whether or not you believe in the
> soul) is impossible.

You'd think so, but thanks to maniuplation of a court ruling in the 1880s, corporations are considered "persons" with respect to the Bill of Rights. Before this, it was a felony for corporations to donate money to political parties.

http://www.iiipublishing.com/afd/santaclara.html
Greenhornet
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Tzog is right, I think it was in New York when they tried to limit a company's profits to 6% and the company sued.

BACK TO THE MOVIE.......I read the short story, "Rollerball Murder" after seeing the film. It was mostly about the "sport" and included a player caller a "Runner" who, well, RAN and had a Lacross-type thing to scoop up the ball. While the movie has some of that dull sixtys message stuff, it expanded the story well enough.
Buck Odinson
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2003, 11:20:05 PM »

Verily, a hearty tale indeed. And the comments left by thy humble critic brought a mighty roar of laughter to this Odinson. Three cheers for thou and thy comrades of bad movie lore.
Jeff Lewis
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

One point that gets missed between the 1975 edition and the 2002 edition is that the 2002 version ends up BEING what the 1975 version was warning about. The irony of this is immeasurable.

Sadly, the people who think the social commentary in the 1975 version detracts from the action are exactly the kind of people who would (and should, I suppose) live in the world protrayed is the movie.

Which is very, very sad.

And yet.. just. :)
Jim Hepler
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Not only do corporations have the RIGHTS of humans today, they don't have the responsibilities for their actions that people do.  I remember there was a group that founded a corporation that did what were essentially minor corporate sabotage and repeatedly succesfully hid behind this protection, just to prove a point - they were the ones that swapped the GI Joe voice chips with the Barbie voice chips.
joe
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Rollerball will always have a place in my heart, if only as the last vestige of that excellent "computers of the future as imagined in 1974" font.
terry
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

what about the music?
that was okay
Wence
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 04:47:52 PM »

The movie is interesting, but what the hell are the rules of that silly rollerball-game?
Jerry A.
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The TV's of the future in this movie are laughable. One big screen with three smaller ones at the top. lol
Joel
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This was the first "R" rated movie that I saw, it was with my dad, and I just 14. I rememmber the two movie trailers before "Rollerball" started  - "Beyond the Door" and "Jaws". By the time the movie started I had my legs up on the chair and I shaking. This really prepared me for Rollerball!. I have seen the movie about times, and I finally purchased my very own copy. Each time that I view the movie find something different (e.g. When Jonathan E visits the vegatable "Moonpie" you can just barely make out some tree branches behind the window- didn't catch this until July 31 of this year.) Anyway, the movie is great and so is Harrion's short story "Rollerball Murder(s)"
SUE
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 04:24:27 PM »

Great movie!!  Actually the game rules were pretty well thought out and easy to follow- trivia: the cast and crew had such a good time they played during breaks in shooting!
jmsynth
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

How is "Rollerball" (1975) a *BAD* movie. Someone must have got mixed up with "Rollerball" (2002)
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Rollerball « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.