Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 08:59:57 AM
712939 Posts in 53041 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Yor - The Hunter from the Future « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Yor - The Hunter from the Future  (Read 50438 times)
WitchKing
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This was one of my favorites growing up.  If it doesn't make a great deal of sense, that's probably because it was originally a Turkish mini-series (with a different title that didn't give away the film's twist) edited down to feature length for American theatrical release.  Sure, it's looney beyond description, but when you're a kid, it's all about towheaded cro magnons, dinosaurs, troglodytes, and laser guns.  People always knock this kind of movie for being unrealistic, but more "relevant" flicks like "Quest For Fire" and "Clan of The Cave Bear" always seemed so dull to me.  Give me "One Million Years B.C.", "When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth", and "Yor",  with all their anachronisms and babe-like knuckle draggers any day.  Crying out for a DVD release and a soundtrack reissue.  
carey mercer
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2005, 11:59:16 PM »

I believe you are all missing the underlying movement of yor.   The film is a  deeply poetic and highly visual masterpiece that is a sort of filmic journey into our future weary consciousness.
Joseph Ulibas
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Yor was originally a mini-series that was a Turkish-Italian co-production.  Dude I haven't seen anything this cheesy in a long time (well I lied, I just saw Ator).  The props are cheap, the acting is bad ,but overall it's fun.  The actors seem to be enjoying themselves.  I wish they still made movies like these.
Rebb Brown has about as much charisma as a loaf of bbread but the villian is kind of cool.  The cave reatures have to be seen to be belived!
They have to re-release this movie in the U.S.  More fun than a
laundry bafg full of kittens!  

The orginal cut of this movie was 8 hours long.
George
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw "Yor" in September 1983 on a double bill with "Krull" at a $1 movie theater.Yes, 2 bad movies on the same bill. It was the most fun that I had that summer. Even at 15, I realized that "Yor" was a cheesy affair. The dinosaurs are totally fake, you can see Reb's dark hair underneath the blonde wig and the awful dialogue just begs for sarcastic callback lines (a la "MST3K"). I would place this flick alongside "Plan 9 From Outer Space" as one of the most deliriously enjoyable bad movies of all time. I also enjoyed "Krull" whose SPFX seemed cool at the time, but now look as cheesy as "Yor". Check it out on DVD and you'll see what I mean. Meanwhile, let's get "Yor" released on DVD so we can savor its badness in a crystal clear, widescreen format.
QuiSi
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2005, 05:43:27 PM »

Holy, Frig! YOR!!!!!!I remember seeing this movie in the theatre when I was a kid. Then, it disappeared forever. I thought I may have dreamt of it, but no...it does exist! Amazing. Thanks, guys.
Sora the B-Movie Alchemist
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I didn't pay much attention to the movie. But the song DID get stuck in my head.
Torq
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

lol that's gotta  be the funniest review ever :)  I know the subject matter lends itself quite readily to ridicule but you've done an outstanding job!  I couldn't stop laughing!

I grew up watching Yor and Airwolf, and never thought I'd hear about them as an adult :)
Phred22
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw Yor in the theater, where my favorite memory is the slightly embossed cardboard cutout of Reb Brown in the lobby. While his stone axe and leather loincloth looked quite fetching, my eyes were most drawn to his short, carefully styled hair, not the mop-top wig he wore in the movie. A true collector's item.
Ace
New Visitor

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2007, 04:21:00 AM »

So...people like Yor? For real?

That's even more unbelievable than Reb Brown's hair. The whole movie with that silly mop on his head, and that empty Reb Brown look on his face. The twist is fun I guess, but this movie is nowhere near as entertaining as ridiculous romps like Sword and the Sorcerer, or even Deathstalker. All the good violence is spent in the opening battle with the dinosaur face, and the rest of the movie has to rely on lame action scenes and ugly everything, with only the occasional lunacy to entertain (i.e. giant bat, some hilarious technology). The girls aren't even attractive, and "women in rags" has to be at least among the top 3 draws in this kind of cheese. It's one thing to watch a terrible 80s caveman/sword fantasy flick, it's another to be forced to endure it without some kind of entertainment to lighten the load. Gore, nudity, attractive women, boom mics, anything.

Even in a career as spectacularly awful as Reb Brown's, this is barely a highlight. And only on paper. At least Howling II was completely awful AND featured Christopher Lee with a midget sidekick. This film is pure pain.

It's a trick. Get an axe.
GoreGoreGirl
New Visitor

Critters 2 is a work of art.

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2007, 11:55:10 PM »

this movie changed my life. for the better. i've watched it so many times, the tape is going bad.

all i have to say is that this movie has rockin' music, dinosaurs AND lasers. need i say more?

in the sequel, my life will take place IN SPACE!
Daniel Williamson
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 06:56:34 PM »

YOR: HUNTER OF THE FUTRE is on Imaginecasting. Where you can create your own ideal cast. I think American Gladiator Michael O'hearn a.k.a Titus would make a excellent YOR.

http://imaginecasting.com/titles/results/2685/yor-the-hunter-from the-future
Chad
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2010, 05:42:39 PM »

You for got one quote; a line that sums up almost every bad movie I've ever seen.

Yor: "We will need a lot more hemp before we're through."
Bonesy
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 01:17:31 PM »

Anyone else notice how they kept using the same 'villagers screaming' track 4 times throughout the movie and kept on repeating it? I heard the same woman screaming about 5 times in a row in the last villagers massacred scene and was laughing my head off. I also liked the head bad caveman who calls Yor a bastard, surely there needs to be the institution of marriage before people can start calling each other bastards. This movie made no sense at all. This is right in the middle of the bell curve as far as entertaining bad movies go, reminded me of a less funny caveman version of Flash Gordon.

And Yor's hair! He always looked so fresh no matter what pratfalls had befallen him, what a guy!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Yor - The Hunter from the Future « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.