Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:40:20 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Six-String Samurai « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Six-String Samurai  (Read 81221 times)
John Pickett
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I remember seeing this movie on Showtime.  I loved it.  I tried to catch it everytime it was on.  I eventually bought it on DVD.  It is a great film that any B-movie fan should love.

I highly recommend it.

JOHN
Michelle
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I saw this amazing movie about six months ago at my best friends house. I bought the dvd about 2 months later. The best thing about this movie is the way it was filmed. Every frame looks like a colorful picture.

I would recommend that every see this movie.

Michelle
comrade conrad
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! not the red army! my uncle was in it!
(fought at Stalingrad)
Stalindead
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Six-String Samurai" is an awesome postmodern combo of American and Russian kitch.

You should never take this film seriously.
2nd-String Samurai
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2007, 12:43:07 AM »

Spooler: Over at Aint it Cool News, in a post listed back in 1998, Mugia the director of SSS said that the SSS movie was actually episode 3 of a trilogy, and he wanted to make 2 more films showing the back story of Buddy and Elvis' rise to power. 

No details on the Story That Never Was, but Mungia said it was going to have a LOT of bowlers, and soda jerk hitmen.

Keep 'em crossed...sorry your teacher didn't like the film.  I brought it in and MADE my students watch it & do an assignment on it...as an English teacher, I geek out on Literary references ("Look, kids!  Classic hero Quest imagery!") TeddyR

Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2007, 10:19:16 PM »

I really need to get this movie. Last time I saw it was on VHS and I greatly enjoyed it.  Is it on DVD?   

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2007, 10:53:30 PM »

I really need to get this movie. Last time I saw it was on VHS and I greatly enjoyed it.  Is it on DVD?   

I purchased this on DVD around 2001 or so and that was my source for the review.  It seems to be readily available.  If you check the top right of any review page, I post a link to the film on Amazon.  Otherwise, you can always go to your favorite online DVD merchant and enter the title.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Kim Kardashian
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2008, 11:12:14 PM »

When was this movie out?  I know it was in theathers, because I remember seeing the huge billboard on Sunset Blvd, but I don't remember when!   Anyway I bought it...it took awhile, seems they don't have any in stock, so I pre-paid minded...but I got it right away.    Kudos to the director and Jeffrey Falcon!!  Oh ya who's the kid that looks like Elvis Presley.....it would have been great to see  him feed the KID to the spinach monster!!!!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2008, 04:48:49 PM »

It was released in 1998.  I saw it in the theater in Las Vegas, where it played because of the local connection to for about a week .  I think there was one other person in the theater with me when I saw it. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Adrian
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2008, 02:51:09 PM »

Really awesome movie with action-packed scenes.
AL
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2009, 08:02:53 PM »

Is Vin Diesel one of the Pin Pals?
Ricky the animator
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2009, 08:22:47 PM »

This is one of my all time favorite films! The fact that it got so little recognition is nothing short of a crime! Buddy is cool! The Red Elvises are my favorite band! Brian Tyler is also a fantastic musician. Jeffrey Falcon(the dude who plays Buddy) also does a good rock-a-billy tune called "Six String Samurai", its quite good. I read somewhere that Death and his minions are suppost to be Led Zepplin, and that they were a medaphore for the end of the Rock 'N' Roll era, but im not sure. Also, anyone who associates this film with Anime is a dickhead. Overall great film! Everyone should see it!
I can't believe you gave this turd four slimes... it doesn't even deserve a skull (that bad it is) I mean, I like bad movies and all, but this one was definately not funny... at all.

And f**k This dude! You dumb a***ole! This movie is awsome!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Six-String Samurai « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.