Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:44:36 PM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Forbidden Zone « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Forbidden Zone  (Read 70292 times)
Norman Bates
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2004, 03:34:34 PM »

I finally found a copy of this movie after looking for about 4 or 5 months.  Man, what a trip!
thunderbird
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2004, 02:22:23 PM »

I think we saw better with CLASH OF THE TITANS the creatures there did not look so hoaky and they were more realistic and at least in clash pegasus was rather wild about the little mechanical owl bubo(hoot,hoot)
Xalph Raiden
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

If all of television and cinema was to disappear from the planet except for one movie, the Forbidden Zone would be that one I would like to keep.

It is strange.  It is non-linear.  It is majestic.
Assheton
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2005, 09:35:56 PM »

I have to say that this is, hands down, my favorite movie of all times. As it has been said before, it has everything anybody could ever want in a movie. This is what I pop in when movies running too low for acid. A trip all of its own. And of course, Danny rocks!!!
Yndina
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I just watched this movie for the first time, holly crap I love it!
Absurd, surrealism and puppet theater like show...
I must say I hadn't had such a pleasure for awhile!

audi
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The first time i saw this movie was on the big screen around halloween at one of the arts theaters in Dallas.  It IS available for rent in one store i visited, in Taos New Mexico.  If you're ever going through the place, it's Mondo Video in the Kulture Kafe, that place has so many obscure and international movies, including a lot i've seen on here.  :}
Jerin
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Great review! Lousy film but had to see it just for Oingo Boingo and Danny Elfman (also Herve). Its disturbing imagery also reminded me of Eraserhead. Great soundtrack! Thanks to this review I now know what the movie was about... didn't help the film any but at least now I know. Thank ye much.
anonymousbutnotsoanonymous
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I got to see this film last night. I have only three words to describe it. WHAT THE f**k!? I love the movie it was the greatest thing ive seen in a while and im a sucker to movies that LOOK LIKE they've been made on literally a shoe string budget.
  I loved how the sets looked like they were drawn by crayon/marker on big ass pieces of cardboard. And the characters, how could I describe them? Unusual id have to say, theres many other words I could use but unusual says the most.
  My favorite character is Huckleberry P. Jones I laugh my ass  
off to steriotypes, black, white, brown, etc. Its the "american dream".

"Your the Faggot".

Ben Dover
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2006, 05:29:11 PM »

I kept thinking only one thing the entire movie: WTF?!

Nice nips on the Princess, tho...
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 11:34:30 PM »

I've got the special edition DVD of this.  Danny Elfman rocks in it!

This is a great movie to whip out on unsuspecting people.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2007, 04:48:09 PM »

I have to say this-this movie rocks!......Funny thing, I recently bought the new version of the nightmare before christmas soundtrack, and it had danny elfman doing demo versions of some of the songs. When it came to oggie boogie's song, all I could think of was elfman dressed as satan, singing it in front of herve vellachaize dressed as santa claus. That would rule! hot

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2007, 03:27:21 PM »

New multiple features DVD is out there people...but would you believe the scientologists got the director? Bluesad

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Alex Undead
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2007, 07:46:43 PM »

I absolutely LOVE this movie!  All of my friends who have seen this film have a negative opinion of it, but I just adore it. I just fell in love with Danny Elfman as Satan.

People may be laughing at me now, but someday us nerdy, cross-dressing, undead weirdos will rule the world!
livinginthesixthdimension
New Visitor

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2008, 08:00:13 PM »

So, any thoughts on the colorized version the director produced?
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2008, 05:37:23 PM »

Small | Large

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Forbidden Zone « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.