Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:43:03 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Delicatessen « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Delicatessen  (Read 62561 times)
Colin G. Davis
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

One of the many thing that p**ses me off about the steady decline of the English language, is the loss of the original meaning of the term "B movie."
As we all know (or do we?) it originally referred to a film made specifically to fill the lower half of a double bill. Of course, when films got longer and longer (usually TOO bloody long)the B movie died. Trouble is, the term didn't, and now it's used vaguely to mean whatever the writer wants it to mean.
Ah, well.. sigh.
"Delicatessen" is wonderful, by the way.
rom
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I was pleased to see this movie in this classification, with this rating,  just besides Sam Raimi's and Peter Jackson's early movies.
Excuse my english and thank you, Mr Borntreger, for this exclusive  and deligthful list.
You made me discover a lot of movies and I'll do my best to find the most part of it.

romain from france
Tissaia
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I absolutely love this movie, just as the The City of The Lost children (or whatever it's called in English). The sex scene is truly amazing, but even better is one its fragment when Rufus is checking the moo toys (!) - a masterpiece in its own right, really... As always after watching a film that is SO great, I'm at the loss of words. oh, btw. I think I know the instrument that makes the sound of the musical saw - but I forgot its name. Yann Tiersen has a woman in his band who plays that thing. I'm just about to start my summer exam session and was supposed not to watch any films till it's over, but I just couldn't help it! And... I'm glad I didn't in the end :D. oh and one more thing - great website you have here, I'm definitely going to visit it on a regular basis. Thank you:)
T.  
Gary Atlass
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2008, 01:14:02 PM »

Too bad Jean Pierre Jeunet ended up doing crappy movies like Amélie  Hatred... This goes for Marc Caro (go see Dante 01 if you don't believe me)
ANON
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2008, 12:13:49 PM »

Green Dot   9 mins - He is trying to escape from being chopped up and eaten, and believes hiding in the dustbin means he will be able to escape unnoticed - in the rubbish.
Green Dot   28 mins - He spat ever so forcefully... and it's an abstract film so it doesn't HAVE to make sense
Green Dot   29 mins - The dark spots are clearly patches from a puncture-repair kit, it's a hilarious symbol of their poverty. Not that poverty is hilarious... just repairing the punctures on a comdom IS hilarious.
Green Dot   37 mins - yes, a Cello accompanied by a musical saw.. what's wrong with that?
Green Dot   47 mins - Aurore has a wonderfully creative mind for a suicidal depressive.
Green Dot   51 mins - It was mentioned earlier in the film that nothing was growing, I am coming to the conclusion that the earth is not longer fertile and vegetables don't grow any more? which is why dried beans and pulses are used as money - because they are the only non-meat food source left. (besides the luxuries of biscuits and cheese...) I am then moving to a conclusion about the rat-call, seeing as it is impossible to farm animals, there are no vegetables to feed them, you have to eat what is available, one of those food sources being rats. A rat call will call rats, which you can kill - and eat. Failing that, kill the handyman, chop him up and sell him in a delicatessen.
Green Dot   65 mins - Again, Aurore and her wonderful mind. I love things like this, booby traps and complictaed domino-effect mechanisms.
Green Dot   75 mins - Now we have the gas oven on (spewing gas), a lethal dose of pills, a noose around her neck, and a rifle pointed at her head with the trigger attached to the door by string. (Just in case one of them fails....)

Also - I really love this film because of the techniques used and the overall effect, it's wonderful and so so so french, to a point of being ridiculously french (I think that was the idea... over-exaggerating a stereotypical image) I've heard the writers/directors are actually animators, and I would believe it, I just LOVE this film... :D
MacDeath
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2008, 06:54:57 PM »

Hi, being french, I must tell you that this movie is a Cult Movie in France.

Why ?

--Because it is one of the rare post-apokaliptic / (retro-)Futuristic movie produced in France (we don't do science fiction often indeed...).
--Because of the global estetic (a kind of 50's France...).
--Because of the cartoonish flavour (the missed suicide don't have to be credible...)
--Because of J-P Jeunet and Caro...And J-C Dreyfus (the butcher)

All that said, I thibk in USA, you should really try to get your foreign movies over dubbed instead of only subtitled.

Of course, you miss the natural sound, and most of time, dialogues are not really accurate. But at least it allow the movie to reach a greater audiance.

But as USA seems to need such a "protection" from foreigner cinema...

In France, every foreign movies are over-dubbed..
And if you get the DVD, well you can always switch to Original Version with subtitle...
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2009, 09:30:12 AM »

Gunny, I think I've got a different version than you do. It seems to me like the color filter is a LOT more apparent on my disk than in the screenshots you put up...

I, like others here think the movie is brilliant, but I do see the reasoning in it being here. I showed it to my girlfriend, and she simply could not stop her jaw form dropping every 30 seconds X)

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2009, 09:46:28 AM »

Gunny, I think I've got a different version than you do. It seems to me like the color filter is a LOT more apparent on my disk than in the screenshots you put up...

Most likely a different version.  I believe that the review was done from a VHS tape.  If not, it's from the laserdisc. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
MEADHBHE
New Visitor

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2009, 05:18:51 PM »

Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post the full "rythym scene" from Delicatessen - you've only got 29 secs of it! I want to send it to my friends who haven't seen this terrific movie yet
Thanks!!
Meadhhe   
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2009, 05:20:04 PM »

Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post the full "rythym scene" from Delicatessen - you've only got 29 secs of it! I want to send it to my friends who haven't seen this terrific movie yet
Thanks!!
Meadhhe   

I am afraid that I cannot provide requests like this.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2009, 01:44:06 AM »

Thanks!!
Meadhhe   

Ahem... youtube.  The full scene was used as the original American theatrical trailer. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
MEADHBHE
New Visitor

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2009, 02:55:26 PM »

Just saw the reply re Youtube - couldn't find it on there, that's why I'm here.....M
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2009, 03:43:31 PM »

Just saw the reply re Youtube - couldn't find it on there, that's why I'm here.....M

It was there a couple of weeks ago when I wrote my DELICATESSEN review; it may have been removed.

I remember I thought it was stupid (or at least a gamble) to include the movie's best scene in its entirety as a theatrical trailer.  I chose to use an alternate trailer to illustrate the film for that reason.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Bonesey
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2010, 07:51:58 AM »

This isn't a B movie. I watched it as a teenager, it is a solidly entertaining film in its own right.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Delicatessen « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.