Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:17:39 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Spaced Invaders « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Spaced Invaders  (Read 36370 times)
Lucas2600b
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Definitely a classic.  Totally forgot about this one and had to pick it up.  It's cheap on DVD, and well worth it for the laughs.  You can't beat it when "crab baker" is drinking beer in his truck, and he gives the kids cigarettes when they trick or treat at his house (I think they were salems?) ... You won't see stuff this in kid's movies these days
Shuvcat
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I *love* this little movie, I found I had the quotes stuck in my head for days after the first time I watched it.  It's funny!!  If you liked the Ernest films (and I did), you'll enjoy this.  
I also find it interesting that the late Royal Dano played almost the exact same guy (dog and all) two years earlier in "Killer Klowns From Outer Space".  Didn't end too well in that one though.  This was a much better close to his career. :)

"They have anti-aircraft weaponry, nuclear bombs, and John Wayne! We've got *this*!" (holds up gun)
"Is it loaded?"
"Let's find out!!" (aims it at him)

Josie
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2003, 08:36:34 PM »

YES!  Best alien invasion movie EVER!  I brought this one to a party once (along with <i>Mosquito</i>) and everybody kept complaining of how stupid it was but nobody could stop watching it... and we all agreed that Verne rocks the world.
Stephen
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I was beginning to doubt that this movie really existed; something I had imagined from my youth or something, like that monster in my closet or "It's the Girl in the Red Truck, Charlie Brown."

One of those was real, guess which one.

Oh yeah, "Spaced Invaders" was pretty funny.
CPT Chris
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Andrew-Great site. Not bad, even for a jarhead!

I remeber this movie from a few years back and recall rolling on the floor. A review of Mars Attacks! next to this one would be outstanding.

Regards,

Chris
Writer
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

What, only three slimes? I guess that's because it wasn't nearly bad enough to be truly a B-grade film. The plot does have "kids' movie" written all over it, but this movie was hilarious! I especially liked the part with the Donut of Destruction, which suggests that this movie may actually have been intended as something of a satire of B-movies: there are plenty of bad movies with utterly ridiculous devices, but this is the first one I've seen in which the people actually notice and comment on how stupid it is. Now, if only we could have someone do that with some of the other B-movie cliches. For example:

Sword and Sorcery Barbarian: "Metal lingerie? That's dumb."
melody
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I think this movie was so stupit it was funny. I must have whatch it about 20 times by now, but i can't stop whatching it. It's better than a b-. I think it's a b+  
fanboy
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

A cute little kids film, with a kind of classic portrayal of martians. The martians were obviously the best characters.
  A trivia note to anyne who cares, the evil banker did the voice for Grimlock on the original "Transformers' show.
Nathanial Meade
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2003, 08:17:59 AM »

I think this movie holds up good, it was funny when I was younger, and I still find it pretty darn funny today.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2003, 01:56:27 PM »

This review is for two types of people. For those who have not seen it, it might interest them enough to see it. And for those who have seen it, including myself, it reminds us as to why we liked it, when we saw it.
Didi
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this movie when I was a kid and I loved it.  I remember one of the aliens had a Jack Nicholson voice and they sang Home on the range with wierd alien words. "Oh give me a home where the gleebs and the.." etc.
Bill M
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Absolutely fabulous film! This film has more one-liners than you can believe. Watch for the literally dozens of hidden jokes in the background. I have watched this films over a dozen times and am still finding hidden stuff, like the "What in the name of Uncle Martin is that?" comment, referencing the "My favorite Martian" tv show.

One of my favorite films - "Prepare to die Earth scum!"
Derek
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2004, 07:02:48 PM »

my fraternity brothers and I watched this movie when we were drunk once.  It was a great night lol .  Great movie
giant claw
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2004, 11:00:17 AM »

Prepare to die earth scum wow its a real spoof of sci fi and well looks pretty funnyand aleins on halloween well they just dont cut it just make themselves look like trick or treaters
Brenton
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 08:02:06 AM »

I remember seeing this movie many, many years ago and found it is up there as one of the all time great movies.  Everyone that I tryed to explane the movie to through that I was making it up, I have had hard time trying to track down this movie.  I live in Adelaide, does anyone know where I can get a copy of this movie from, please Email me if you have a copy in Adelaide (AUSTRALIA).
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Spaced Invaders « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.