Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:31:24 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dungeon & Dragons: The Eye of the Beholder (Capsule Review) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dungeon & Dragons: The Eye of the Beholder (Capsule Review)  (Read 17624 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 05, 2008, 05:17:04 PM »

I am still upset about how the final monster was defeated.  Are florists a broken and overly powerful Bard sub-class?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 09:47:30 AM »

I got this box set for my nephew and he loves it.  best saturday morning cartoon of all time
Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 02:14:45 PM »

Ah, yes. If I recall rightly, a comment from a hardcore gamer on the live-action Dungeons and Dragons movie indicated that the beholder monsters are extremely intelligent and have a mind in each of those eye stalks capable of acting independently and firing off some very nasty spells, such that were one to pit two dragons against a beholder in an arena, the beholder would not only wipe out the two dragons, but also whichever half of the audience didn't manage to flee fast enough.

The gamer was complaining because the beholder in the live action film was a real pushover too (easily kept from noticing the heroes when one of them throws a rock to distract it).
Blacklight
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 03:15:54 AM »

I remember, back in my D&D days, the damn beholders were my BANE !!!  I HATED those things !!! They were responsible for more character deaths in our campaigns than any other creature we encountered.  So of course, our dungeon master went out of his way to have us constantly run into them everywhere we went !!!  Jerk !!!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 09:31:17 AM »

Hmm, I have not yet included a Beholder in the list of opponents my group is to face. Perhaps I should rectify this.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 09:04:35 AM »

Beholders in Baldur's Gate were quite badass. I remember at one point you actually met one who was friendly and had a crappy job in the Underworld to watch some chests, and with some wits you managed to convince him to let you look at the treasure. It was hilarious.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dungeon & Dragons: The Eye of the Beholder (Capsule Review) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.