Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:51:35 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Howling III: The Marsupials « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Howling III: The Marsupials  (Read 40428 times)
Bark Bark Bark
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Director Philippe Mora also gave the world "Howling II," "The Beast Within," and "Communion." Eck.
Johnny
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The director at the end of this movie had the right idea:  "cut."  Someone should have yelled this when they first decided to start shooting this movie.  This is quite possibly the worst film I have ever seen.  Ain't no joke.

Johnny
marco
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2003, 06:00:36 PM »

This movie still exists?!? Good God...
daveblackeye15
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Nice review, though I wish you had mentioned the giant werewolf head part, (a picture would have been nice also)
Anymore Howling movies in the future?

Samzilla
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I thought the idea was quite original but you see I am a big fan of the tasmanian wolf or thylacine. These creatures were brutally wiped out as pests and demonic creatures like the wolves in Europe. This movie just backed up the excuses to kill this magnificent animal.
A few notes on the thylacine;
1. Thylacines were in no way related to wolves.
2. Thylacines did not howl. "Howling III"
3. Thylacines were not aggressive toward humans and were definately not agents of Satan. THIS GETS ME SO MAD!!!
WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS ASSOCIATE IMPRESSIVE AND UNIQUE ANIMALS SUCH AS WOLVES, HYENAS SNAKES ETC WITH PURE EVIL???
Steven Millan
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie was the beginning of the absolute end of both Phillipe Mora's filmmaking career(has anybody ever seen his 90s film "Pterydactal Women In Beverly Hills" ?!),and the entire "Howling" series,in general,as each film progressively got worse after every sequel. I've also seen the DVD copies of "Howling III" in WalMart's $5.99 DVD bargain bin,which really tells you about the quality of this celluloid outing....
Jeff Weskamp
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Howling VII: New Moon Rising is indeed far worse than Howling III.  Basically, the writer of Howlings V and VI decided to go to a real-life small town and have the locals (all 20 of them!) play themselves.  75% of the movie is watching the locals peform Letterman-style "Stupid Human Tricks"  such as singing, line-dancing, using their pants zippers as musical instruments, etc.  20% of the film involves werewolf-hunting priest telling the stories of the 2 previous Howlings to a police detective.  The final 5% involves the priest and the detective going to the town and shooting the werewolf.
      It is boring, unscary, and uses cheap costumes and morphing graphics.  But if you want to watch half-witted rednecks making stupid puns and singing lame country songs, then check it out.  This is also the last Howling movie made (thank goodness).
roadrat15
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Coming from Australia, it's nice to see respected Australian
actors (and one film reviewer)makes complete asses of themselves for the call of the big bucks. At least: 1)The film doesn't take itself seriously, and 2)It's an Oscar contender when placed next to Howling II!
Josh Nelson
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2004, 06:14:02 PM »

A very enjoyable thrill ride of the Best Lycanthrope Work Since Dog Soldiers! The Howling 3 is a werewolf movie that actually follows the rules of the werewolf idea. The werewolf nuns were a very creative idea, and I wish this ,movie was a little bit more recognized and greatly respected for being the #1 werewolf movie ever!
Yannick
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

That serie started so well , The Howling the first one was so good, the second one wasnt that bad but after that Yagggggg.

Corey
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2004, 09:29:41 PM »

This is the only horror movie that I skipped the ending because it was so bad. Even Highlander II was better than this... Heck, even Mosquitos was better than this! I give this movie a 1, Bob!
WitchKing
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I found this entry rather clever.  It's certainly the least conventional of all the "Howling" films.  I can remember watching parts of this on TV when I was little & having my bemused father comment "What kind of wackjob likes this stuff?", which pretty much made it cool enough for me.  There's a good deal to laud here. I loved the she-wolfs disguised as nuns, the prima ballerina transforming on stage, the Aborigine's bones taking one last swipe at the hunters, and even the hilarious horror film parody with the nurse screaming hysterically but never thinking to run away.  I have to say that the award for worst "Howling" film must go to part 4, which is just a tepid retread of the original.  
Darkside
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is the worst movie I have ever seen. Seeing the pictures here reminded me of when I saw it. I'll warn everyone this movie is aweful! Don't ever watch it!
Chris
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The is best bad movie I have seen "a must buy for all serious cult film collectors" :)
Werewolf fan
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is good but it's not great. Phillipe Mora who directed Howling II: Your Sister is a Werewolf returns to write and direct this one. This film could of been great if they put gore in this film to give a R-Rating like the previous two, but without or without gore The Wereolves kill people. This film adds something new but making The Werevolves the good guys.

The other sequals are Howling IV: The Orignal Nightmare (A kind of remake of the first film but more close to the novel but The Werewvoles don't show themselves until way later), Howling V: The Re-Birth (A good Werewolf film set in a castle), Howling VI: The Freaks (A Werewolf fights against a Vampire carnival owner), Howling VII: New Moon Rising (Cheaply made film that tries to have a connection with Howling IV and V)

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Howling III: The Marsupials « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.