Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:31:21 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Tank Girl « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Tank Girl  (Read 50564 times)
Neville
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

About the lesbian kiss scene, it really is quite tame. It takes place during the first third of the movie, where both Jet Girl and Tank Girl are being kept prisoners in Keslee's mine or whatever it is. Jet Girl is being harassed by Kesslee's sideshow, and Tank Girl solves the situation by kissing Jet Girl in front of him, which results in the man being disgusted at it and leaving them alone.
Son of a mig
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The (faded dialogue) quote is actually "Crumpets and tea."  As in: "Tasty!  Crumpets and tea; all in favor say aye."
Daytrippr
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This film has some definate positive points,
including the great props, costumes, design,
and political play. But it still stinks.
Come on, this is the movie equivalent to
Poochie the Dog. Tank Girl is SO proactive
and in-your-face, spouting out hip
one-liners without adding any weight to
the dialogue. Take Mad Max, punkify him
by 20%, and make it PC (hey, lets
change him into a girl!) and youve got
the basic idea down. The comic may
have been something really interesting;
but as with all comics, when making the movie they
obviously had to make a movie.
In this case, they failed to translate it
coherently. That is not to say it isnt
entertaining. Bud I'd much rather watch
something that makes sense,like Buckaroo Banzai
or Zardoz.
Bgrade
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

A B-Movie the deserves to become a classic.
While it has it's flaws, it stands up to repeat viewings and it's dialog works it's way into your normal vocab.

Lori Petty as tank girls is on-liner magic.

Ernst Bitterman
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I think the reviewer was pot on in the comment that normal people are almost incapable of enjoying this movie.  I thank nebulous, ill-defined deitied every day that I am abnormal.  In terms of presenting a comic book on-screen, this is almost a precursor of "The Hulk"-- I wonder if Ang Lee took a lot of notes watching this...?
Genetic Mishap
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This movie is the best movie ever. Period.

(Well, almost.)
Adam
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Hey, I liked this movie. Yeah, it's certainly unique for a superhero film, but I enjoyed it. Malcolm Mc Dowell made a good villain, Lori Petty was funny, I loved the scenes when they were interacting with each other. This movie's no "Spider- Man," but it's definitely better than "Batman and Robin" and "The Hulk" put together, though, admittedly, that's not saying much.
ShifterCat
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Dude. The "real" Tank Girl would never waste beer like that.
Cricket21A
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I like this movie and I really don't think the review should have been so harsh.  It was a fun movie to watch.  Sure it has it flaws but who cares, as long people can enjoy it.  I'm not one to rip most movies apart.  If someone gives a movie a bad review usually it's more than likely something I will watch.  I won't say I'm normal.  I never read the comic for Tank Girl, but even if I did I doubt if it would be disappointing.
Neville
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I don't think my review was that harsh. I mean, I gave it three slimes, so it should be clear that I think it is quite decent. I also had lots of fun when I saw it for the first time. But yet you have to admit that it has many flaws, and that most of the people who watched it are still trying to recover. Read the IMDB comments if you have the time, they are really amusing.
Ian
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Fun!Fun!Fun!
Sure it has flaws (basic, fundamental, deeply rooted flaws), but really, what Malcolm McDowell movie doesn't?  (A Clockwork what?)

Cute dialogue, a more-or-less comprehensible plot (stack it up against, say, 'Once Upon a Time in Mexico', and see if Tank Girl doesn't start making loads and loads of sense!), and a song-and-dance routine.  And Joan Jett on the soundtrack!

Really, where is the bad side?
TheShadowyGuy
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Normal" people CAN'T watch this. Thankfully, I'm hardly normal. I watched this WAY before I even knew what the f**k a b-movie was, and now that I am clear, I say this is a masterpiece of the genre, easily in the same class as "Army of Darkness".
Morgan Hoyle-Combs
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2004, 12:45:24 PM »

Yet again, another MAD MAX knock-off
joe marley
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 01:19:06 PM »

I agree fully with this reveiw,and think that the owner of this web site made a good choice in putting tank girl on this web site. I guess the thrashers lost some of there intelligence in the process, because they certainly had no taste in poetry. Well, there are more horrible movies that await me, So good ridants!!!
Christ Oliver
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

(english not perfect)
The best parts of this movie is the cartoons. Too bad they're too short because they're really funny,unusual and dynamic. I hope someday to find a dvd with all the deleted scenes. I saw them on the collection cards and they are interesting.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Tank Girl « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.