Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:58:03 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Tank Girl « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Tank Girl  (Read 50566 times)
Christ Oliver
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I have just found all the deleted scenes at this site:
http://www.racheltalalay.com/tankgirl.html
Morgan
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2004, 12:45:32 AM »

worthy of 5 ooz drip thingies, i love this movie eternally.
Shawn
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2004, 12:17:09 AM »

I saw this movie on TBS and it was censored like crazy.  It totally cut out the lesbian kiss scene, so please tell me more about this.  Does anybody have a downloadable mpeg or at least a few pictures of this?  Dont make me go out and buy this movie, now.  I doubt I could find it anyways, I tried and couldnt before.
Roxie
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2004, 06:18:08 PM »

this movie is kickass! I was tank girl for a costume party and my buddy Nakie was jet. Anyway how could anyone not like a movie that has kangaroo dudes? :p
Bona
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is the only movie that Lori Petty was good in. I guess you had to have liked the comic to like the movie even though it isn't as good........
jonny
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2005, 07:06:28 PM »

this movie rocks man its hardcore. its short and sweet and its got a killer soundtrack that just makes it all go together great with an awsome cast.  i watched it two times the first day i saw it. then a third time two weeks later still great.  the way it is filmed and the way the characters are reminds me of jay and silent bob or should i say these characters influenced them hmmmm
N/A
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This isn't a review, it's procrasination because whom ever wrote this, has way to many standards, no sense of immagination, or clearly an open mind to this sort of film.  First off, all movies are not perfect. This may not be the greatest movie in the world, but it's pretty good for it is, and if you can accept that, then you just might enjoy it, instead of instigating all of its "flaws."  I don't know what you need to recover from after seeing this movie, seriously, the only think I can see you suffering from is a hard ass. Secondly, if you don't enjoy movies with swearing, violence, and content that is of sexual nature, then why are you watching them, besides, the movie was clearly rated R.  Your review was way harsh, even despite the fact you say it was decent, you're working a paradox here, you can't sit there and complain about it then turn around and say you thought it was decent.
Neville
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Man, can't you just recognise sarcasm when you see it? My ambivalence towards the movie, which I gladly admit, is because the movie is lots of fun, agreed, but at the same time it feels like rubbing your brains with sandpaper.

And yes, I enjoy movies with lots of sex, violence and so on. And if you had seen this one, you'd know it lacks all these things. When I mention them in the review is to note that if they planned to censor all these things, which play quite an important role in the comic book, they should have looked for another source material.
Jessica
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2006, 02:52:18 PM »

This is my favorite movie of all TIME!!!! Finding this site made me happy in my pants. It made my day.
John Dashwood
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I enjoyed it to a point. I could have made a much better version of it. It pushed man bashing in your face until you just couldn't enjoy the movie as much as you might. Also it was way to P.C. Who really cares about P.C. topics? They're sterile and boring. We need dynamic tension in movies. My impression of the comic was not what I saw in the movie. I would have made the movie far more serious toned. More real than sureal. I like movies were they are trying to stay serious even though the funding is low as well though. Like
SHE. That movie is a case were the actors were doing their best inspite of it looking corny. In Tank Girl they took corny to intentional levels that got annoying.
Jonny
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2006, 06:02:42 PM »

I love this movie, my all time favourite. Yes, I have bad taste, but shes just so cool
Lulu
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

How can you say Tank Girl is a bad movie? Ok the plot hasn't got much to it, but ITS TANK GIRL!!

She wasn't portrayed exactly as in the comics, but whats the big deal? Lori Petty, the other actors and the scriptwriters had to put their own spin on it to try and make it appeal to a wider audience, because lets face it not that many people have read and understand Tank Girl.

The filming in it was fantastic, or at least the camera angles used to reflect Tank Girls attitudes were genius. Although the kiss between Tank Girl and Jet Girl was brief it was still hot. The directors managed to make Tank Girl and Jet Girl almost effortlessly sexy - the film didn't really NEED sex scenes.

Sorry, just had to defend.
WolfFang
New Visitor

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2008, 04:57:04 PM »

I dunno why, but I love this movie. I think the Rippers were adorable, lmao. They were so perverted that you just have to love them. I just recently watched it twice. I'm thinking of watching it again, XD.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 02:31:54 PM »

I don't think a film has ever made better use of mutant kangeroos.

Lori Petty is Tank Girl.

Fact.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
korngirl95616
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2009, 02:46:58 PM »

I loved every minute of this b movie, but its still its got a limited appeal. It has one of the best uncomfortably funny lines in movie history:
"Just think about it like the first you got laid.  You just gotta go 'Daddy, are you sure this is right?'
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Tank Girl « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.