Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:46:33 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Tank Girl « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Tank Girl  (Read 50570 times)
Johnny Kaje
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2010, 06:32:31 PM »

John Dashwood's comment has convinced me that "politically incorrect" is a PC term for "whiny entitled white guys who feel their privilege threatened by anything non-white dude." One movie that dumps on guys (and not even to the severity that most movies dump on chicks) and he can't take it. He probably sees a black guy walking down the street and screams "TOKENISM!1!!!" and thinks that sitcom dads are worse than Apartheid.

Anyway, Tank Girl is one of my favorite movies. Lori Petty is a blast, and the sets, costumes and SFX are all droolworthy. I wish Talalay hadn't been royally screwed by the studio, but even the butchered version is pretty good. It makes a great party movie. Here's hoping we see a Director's Cut sometime.

Can you imagine a "serious" Tank Girl? Snoresville.
Independent Witness
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2010, 10:42:13 AM »

@Johnny Kaje. "John Dashwood's comment has convinced me that "politically incorrect" is a PC term for "whiny entitled white guys who feel their privilege threatened by anything non-white dude."  One movie that dumps on guys (and not even to the severity that most movies dump on chicks) and he can't take it. He probably sees a black guy walking down the street and screams "TOKENISM!1!!!" and thinks that sitcom dads are worse than Apartheid."

And yours, my friend, has convinced me that the sort of person who can persuade himself that an F-Grade bomb like this is actually awesome is liable to be not the most reasonable on other levels.  You know, the whole "tolerating different opinions" thing, and all that? Lookingup

I have seen this film myself and was not impressed.  At all.  I don't even think it's a fun bad movie, either.  It's way, way too self-conscious for that. 

So... looks like I'm normal.  Whew!
dpepper73
New Visitor

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2012, 02:02:05 AM »

Okay, I've seen Tank Girl before but I had never noticed a particular actor until now.  I'm really hoping that someone can help me figure out who he is or other movies he's been in.  The actor in question is the guy that gets sand thrown in his face and then gets blown up by his own grenades.  Lori Petty thinks that he is her boyfriend and begins cutting her pantyhose in an attempt to turn him on, but of course, it's not her boyfriend.  It's a soldier or whatever from Water & Power.  I can picture him in my mind's eye in another movie and it's driving me nuts!  In the other movie I think he plays a bad guy in search of the good guy, but it's like he's always a few minutes too late.  I wanna say that this other movie is kind of campy and corny, but I could be wrong and that's a matter of opinion anyway.  I've checked all sorts of websites like imdb.com, but since it was just a small part he doesn't get credited.  I will be super grateful for whoever can help me with this one!
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2013, 04:46:18 PM »

Tank Girl is something that I would like to see somebody re-imagine or something from the ground up and see what else could be done with it filmwise.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2013, 08:25:08 PM »

I haven't seen "Tank Girl" since it was first released on VHS back in the day. If memory serves, it seemed like it was all about being "weird for weird's sake," rather than interested in telling a good story. It had some funny bits but by the time the half-human, half-kangaroo mutants appeared, I was like "Check please."

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Tank Girl « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.