Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:01:29 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Street Fighter « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Street Fighter  (Read 42995 times)
clockworkcanary
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Would have been nice if they, I dunno, actually fought in the street somewhere :)  My sis and I went and seen this right after Dumb and Dumber and we couldn't decide which was dumber lol.

I guess this could have been something if they actually had a Street Fight somewhere in the movie -a tournament would have been a good way to introduce secondary characters and a good way to get rid of them quickly.  

I think one (out of many) problem is they were trying to deal with too many characters.  They seemed to jakk a lot of the characters too -these weren't the characters in the game at all -only in namesake.
Todd Phillips
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 01:09:34 AM »

One thing to add: the official language of Shadaloo is Esparanto.
TheBard
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Its rather sad that this is Raul Julia's last film. Even sadder is that a half dead great actor managed to out-act an entire cast.
Torgo
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 07:06:41 PM »

I still want my 5 dollars back that I wasted seeing this in a theater back when it originally came out.
Wolf99x
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 11:12:17 PM »

I only dropped the 10 bucks for this movie so that I could deliver an MST3K treatment to it. Needless to say it greatly increased my enjoyment for the film.
Mick Garris
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The best game adaptation ever made (the best computer game adaptation, anyway)! In fact, it's the only decent game adaptation so far. "Kvik! Shange ze shannel!"
Neville
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The only thing funnier than Jean Claude Van Damme in a videogame adaptation is Jean Claude Van Damme talking about it. I remember watching a TV interview with the man when this film was released and he stated that it was "a combination of Apocalypse Now and Ben Hur". I guess he took the AN part from the Asian setting and the boat up river, but I'm still trying to figure out what he meant with this movie being like Ben Hur.

And no, he didn't look on coke in that particular moment.
Shane
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 08:50:15 PM »

As owner of the Special Edition DVD, I can say I some what liked this movie. It is just so corny it works, in my humble opinion. I always wanted a more serious fighting Street Fighter close to the game but I guess the complete opposite is just fine!
Sean
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2005, 08:08:45 PM »

Jean-Claude Van Damme: The Saturday Afternoon Movie King.
Sylvaine
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 10:52:59 PM »

Just one: You know that group pic, the last pic of the screenshots at the bottom of the review page? Yeah. Seriously, it looked like cosplay. Take another look. Incredibly hokey. I remember alternating between looking facinated (because it was live-action AND American-made) and cringing (because it was massacred).
moviecollector
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is a fun movie. Of ocurse, its bad, but its just so much fun to watch.
Althoough, This is 1 of Van Damme's worst films, along with DERAILED.

I still enjoy this more than SUPER MARIO BROS.  :)
Steven Millan
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

To bad that Van Damme never got around to making that longly rumored "Street Fighter 2" movie that would have had Gary Busey(as that wild haired green-skinned dude,I guess)and Jeff Speakman acting aside him.
jmsynth
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This film is so camp (particuly Julia as Bison) that it's hard not to enjoy despite some boring spots. I'm not sure how accureatly the film follows the game's storyline but all the characters are there
Kenner
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005, 02:21:41 PM »

Am I the only one who kept waiting for Kylie Minouge to break into the Locomotion, when Van Damme was rallying the troops?  
IT
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2005, 06:24:19 PM »

Good adaptation of the video game.It is everything that stupid SUPER MARIO BROS.movie should of been.A very enjoyable movie.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Street Fighter « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.