Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:10:14 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone  (Read 50309 times)
Xephyr
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2002, 05:11:14 PM »

I just barely remember this one, but I liked it.  Corney, yes (but then they usually were) but it was still cool.
Kent
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I was wondering if anyone knew a way I could get my hands on the original 3d version of this movie.  I have some friends that work in a theater, so purchasing an orignal reel could possibly be an option. Thanks.
    Kent
James Perry
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Me and my mom went and saw this in 3D.  Yep.  We had a great time and Molly was cute but a tad annoying...still cheezy fun!  I don't know if mom'll sit and watch it with us now...  Also check out Ice Pirates with the late Robert Urich for similar cheezy Sci-Fi fun!

Correction on Ringwald:  she'd only been in 3 other films including the wonderful Tempest, also P.K. and the Kid (?) and Packin It In (?).  Plus the Facts of Life thing (ha ha) and was still somewhat unknown.  I'd never heard of her.  16 Candles and Breakfast Club came directly after...and then...everybody knew who she was.
James Perry
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2003, 03:12:39 PM »

Correction again.  Oops.  I read that wrong...sorry.
marco
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2003, 10:45:05 PM »

Wonderful trash! beutifully shot in 3-D. See it!
yannick
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Man ho man i am glad that i have bought this one on dvd.

This is a classic of the 80 sci fi movies and one of the best ones.

I was very scared to see this movie again, last time i add seen it was around 1987, and again today in 2004, it has aged wonderfully and the special effects where quit amazing.
Hungry Guy
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Maybe the movie was campy, but I'd love to be the guy to rescue Molly Ringwald :-)
Jako
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The film wasn't so bad! I seen it for first when I was about 5 years old, and I was so amazed on it's environment and the machine design was wonderfully done for show a Post-Apocalyptic world in an another planet. By the way I still don't know those country sides(rocks, desert sides) played on a forgotten area, or needed to travel to an another country.
The laser effects and the android was the two special effects what thrown up the film to the most sci-fi times in that age I thinks.
Washington's harvester/tractor thingy and Wolf's jeep was so unique, and that film's style gave me a lot of help to advance my art style. My favourite and funny scene was the action with the train what have been attacked by Overdog's bike warriors.
Wolf: -I join.
Chalmers: -Whose side?
Wolf: -To my Own. Cover me!
Joe Meils
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Yes, this one's a great peice of pulp sci fi "western." Nothing wrong with that, it never really tried to be anything but something to munch your popcorn to. The reason I love this flick is because it's one of the handful of films that a guy named Mike Minor worked on as an art director. Other films of his include the Trek episode, "The Tholian Web," Star Trek: TMP, Flesh Gordon, and The Cat From Outer Space. Tragically, his career was cut short by the AIDS epidemic of the late 80's/early 90's. The guy really knew how to make things look cool, if it was a rusted out future SUV, or a gleaming cat's eye spaceship.
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2007, 06:13:49 PM »

I was wondering if anyone knew a way I could get my hands on the original 3d version of this movie.  I have some friends that work in a theater, so purchasing an orignal reel could possibly be an option. Thanks.
    Kent

I would drive across town to see that in a heartbeat.

Not to be creepy (for a change), but I can't be the only 8 year old who felt an unusual 'stimulation' at the sight of Claw-borg's methods. (I can't say his real name, I just can't)

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2007, 07:37:37 PM »

Another cool movie from the past. I hadn't thought about this movie for a long time. Now bits and pieces are coming back, but I am also remembering bits of Ice Pirates so its confusing. I never saw this in 3-D, but I did see it on its premier cable run so I was pretty young when it came out. I do remember that creepy scene with the children and that eerie noise they made. And yes, Molly was a hotty, I had a crush on her. The 80's were decade for awesome cheesy movies. Man, where have they all gone?

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
-----------------------------------------
Cut 'n' Paste
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2008, 12:17:31 AM »

I think this is number 47 in a list of sci-fi/fantasy films in which, at the end, as soon as the baddy-boss is seen off, his entire fortress collapses and all his minions also die/surrender/vanish. Convenient for the goodies, eh? Wish real life were like that!
Aladinsane56
New Visitor

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2015, 06:04:50 PM »

I was Manager/Projectionist in 1985 and had the pleasure of running this fine film. And you have got to see it on a big screen in 3-D if you ever can. You don't see the really great mistakes they made after ratio mods are done for DVD. In the beginning of the movie where the life pod crashes you can see the studio parking lot just over the ridge line. And my all time favorite B-Movie story ever. The attack of the fat people. (Did anybody wonder why they were hanging upside down from the rafters?) The script that was sent to special effects makeup read "Fat People" and they apparently didn't read any farther than that. So they showed up to the director with fat people costumes. It was a legendary fail. I Love It. Besides that none of those 80's flics that had Michael Ironsides chewing the scenery can be called anything but epic. Including the spazz-fest  that was "Highlander Two". Cheers

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.