Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:55:54 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Wraith « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Wraith  (Read 59527 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2007, 12:31:37 PM »

Hey genius, you're aware that the "stock dodge daytona" you mentioned beating a tweaked corvette was actually a stock shelby daytona GLHS. a 16 valve turbocharged cosworth 2.5 liter four cylinder producing 350 horsepower in a car that weighs a little over 2000 lbs is well within the realm of normal beating a 70's corvette. check the research.

Hello, genius.  Please provide some references, as you appear to be pulling facts out of the air and then telling me to "do the research" when you do not have it right in the first place. 

The "stock Dodge Daytona" does not appear to be a 1987 GLHS or 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, though the IMDb identifies it as the latter.  If it is, I cannot verify that by its limited appearance on the screen.  It most looks like a Dodge Charger from the same period.  However, I am not a Dodge car enthusiast and the "Lessons Learned" are intended to be amusing.

Nor did the 1987 GLHS have the amazing engine that you speak of, as it was rated at 175hp.  350hp?  Really?  They were supposed to be quick cars, due to their configuration and good power to weight ratio.  I still have doubts about one beating a tweaked Corvette.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Wally
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 06:29:53 PM »

So every web site I read on this movie mentions that the speedometer only goes to 70mph, or that he is only doing 55 when the police are in high speed pursuit.  When the camera does pan to Packards dash it displays the Tach, they never show the speedometer.  Hello!?
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 12:01:53 AM »

I saw this movie once, it was mildly entertaining as a bad movie.  I would have enjoyed it more but my mom walked into the room right as the nude scene started, seriously, she could have come in during any other time but ooooooooooooooh nooooo, she had to walk in during a nude scene.  Hatred

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Tom Makulski
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 09:09:59 PM »

I saw the movie on a double date when i was 16. I thought  we were going to see a scary flick -  We had a blast - drinkin southern comfort and mountain dew .
I still watch the movie once a month - I love the 80's - the cinematography was
great - the camera work was good - Kari's a fox  and Packers crew of goons were so typical of what some of the guys in Detroit looked like at the time . Plus the famous " well beat em like a red headed step child"  a lot of said that for years!
Im going to see the car in Auburn Hills at the Chrysler museum it is only 45 min. from my house - just found out that fact today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 07:34:41 AM »

Hey genius, you're aware that the "stock dodge daytona" you mentioned beating a tweaked corvette was actually a stock shelby daytona GLHS. a 16 valve turbocharged cosworth 2.5 liter four cylinder producing 350 horsepower in a car that weighs a little over 2000 lbs is well within the realm of normal beating a 70's corvette. check the research.

Man, who cares what the cars were, or how fast they could go or what some dumb speedometer said??  Question
The film is to be watched and enjoyed. It's not a great film but it is entetaining and I personally really dig it.
Why are people picking apart silly little goofs or weird bits about parts of cars, that's boring and pointless. You can pick it apart for not being good film all you want, then you can class it as your opinion and b***h all you want. Don't try and get at other ppl, over stupid stock car tweaks and stuff. It's only a movie!  Lookingup

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 07:45:58 AM »

I really like THE WRAITH.  I don't know, I think I just have a soft spot for it.  I saw it when I was into anything horror/gore and watched it with a good friend of mine (he had already seen it, and 'recommended' it).

This movie passes the only test that matters to me: it's fun.  I couldn't care less about technical errors while watching this one.  I don't even notice them.  The story is intriguing enough, the way the bad guys get it are inventive enough and it's got fast cars and explosions - just the ticket for the young male full of spit and vinegar I was when I first saw it..

4 out of 5 on the fun-o-meter from me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
drew_042001
New Visitor

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 12:40:47 AM »

the Wraith is a GREAT movie.

One of my favorite movies of all time. great cast, the music is classic, and the racing scenes are awesome.

annoymous
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 04:28:25 AM »

You know that I realized that The Crow ripped this movie off, the whole supernatural revenge thing. Oh well, it doesn't really matter The Wraith ripped off High Plains Drifter anyway, so The Crow is just using the same formula I guess.
TooManyCustomers
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 02:05:21 PM »

Loved this movie as a kid.. one of the cooler things to come on HBO back in the day.. and hey, it had boobies!!!!! (!) right around the time I first started noticing such things.. God bless Sherilyn Fenn...

But about other comments.. The Crow was based on a comic book written by Jay O'barr back in the late eighties, inspired by his friends who died in a car crash...  Though, come to think of it, he might well have seen this movie (who didn't) and subliminally incorporated it into his story and then...

*tinfoil-hat-wraith unfolds and attaches itself to my head*
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 07:54:02 PM »

Gotta love these people. BounceGiggle

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2011, 01:25:29 PM »

Gotta love these people. BounceGiggle

What's fun is that he pulled "facts" out of the air that are completely untrue.  The IMDb trivia currently says that the car was a 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z.  That means that the engine is a 2.2 liter turbo that made 146 hp on a car with a curb weight of 2700 lbs.  The 0-60 mph is listed as 8-9 seconds.  In comparison, the Corvette probably has a small block V8, with a good guess being a 350 cubic inch engine delivering around 250 hp with a curb weight of 3550 lbs.  The 0-60 mph for the 1973 L82 Corvette is 6.7-7.2 seconds.

The truth is that the poster had no idea what he was talking about.

Years ago I had a 1969 Camaro with a really mean 350 engine.  It also had an insane rear on it:  a 12 bolt 456 posi with fat tires.  I've never seen a rear like that on a car since.  Despite it's weight, the Camaro could do 0-60 in about 6 seconds.  The problem was that I was hitting around 4000 rpm by the time I hit 75 mph, and that was with a 400 turbo transmission.  So, I had a 308 10 bolt that I used for normal driving.

The only problem with driving with a car like that around town is that the car doesn't like it.  She'd start idling rough.  To keep her running smooth, sometimes I had to take her somewhere and really wind her out.  Then she went back to purring with that nice low rumble you get from a classic Camaro with a mean engine.

**SIGH** I miss my Camaro.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2011, 08:33:23 PM »

I liked the movie.  Great cars, especially the Wraith, hot women and cool affects.

I want to own this one.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
twentiesgirl
New Visitor

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 02:07:27 PM »

:bouncegiggle:omygosh...sooooo funny...EXCELLENT review!
monster93
New Visitor

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2012, 08:40:09 PM »

Oh! come on this was a good one, maybe the performances weren't that good but I would say that the plot was good and also the context of the 80´s. I really liked this movie.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 04:22:59 AM »

Not bad.

A silly little piece of '80s revenge with a story that could have been lifted straight from CARtoons Magazine.

The last time I saw this movie was in the '80s when I was a goobery kid. I remember it being pretty cool with a cool car. At least, that's what the kids were talking about.

I just watched it again and liked it. I wasn't a car kid, and I'm now not a car adult. The racing scenes were decent, and there's a lot of muscle in the muscle-cars presented. Fact is, what really caught my interest in this movie is Sherilyn Fenn and the '80s rock soundtrack (and Clint Howard's Eraserhead haircut).

Worth watching again if you remember it from the '80s. Probably not if you don't, unless you want another excuse to look at Sherilyn Fenn, which I wouldn't blame you for.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Wraith « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.