Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:18:11 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Apple « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Apple  (Read 40466 times)
geist77
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 07:35:08 PM »

Incredibly I saw this movie on Turner Classic Movies last night.  All I can say is that it was pretty craptacular.  Now comes the hard decision of whether to delete it off the Tivo or not.
Spinning Wheel Kick
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2008, 12:15:59 AM »

Well I just saw this and I immediately deleted it from my DVR. My mouth is still agape at the bizarre ending. It was a semi-entertaining diversion to spot soap opera mainstay Finola Hughes in some scenes though...
Cannibal Kaiju
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 02:02:18 AM »

Beware of Golan-Globus... Lookingup
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 09:03:42 PM »

Back in 1980, would this trailer had sent you scrambling for your nearest theater to see this?

Small | Large

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Flangepart

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 11:06:30 AM »

Lookingup Oh boy...this should make you pine for the disco era...or not...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Keith
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 02:47:00 PM »

I'm a bit late to the party, but does anyone else think this movie sounds a bit like a Jack Chick tract on acid? In fact, I'm pretty sure there's a Chick tract with a very similar plot (Christian rock group get seduced into the big time by a producer who's either the devil or working for him, then they learn their lesson).
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 01:49:12 PM »

I've been away too long. Thank you, Apple, for bringing me back. Thank you, Apple, for making me wish I were back in college so that I could write a whole thesis on you.

Everyone should be subjected to this movie, much like Schindler's list. Anyone who thinks they understand how the 80s killed the 70s really needs to take a close look.

This movie was made to make sure the hippies were dead. It may be a brilliant farce of itself, but I think it's more likely that it was funded so that it would have the opposite of its intended effect.

If this movie doesn't make you want to kill a christian, a hippie, a hipster, and anything that dare rear its head after, nothing will.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2011, 01:23:27 PM »

I caught this on THIS Network about a year ago....it made me wish I was high as a dog, as at least some of the folks involved with making this were.

Some movies are strange enough that it's nigh-impossible to gauge whether they're bad or not-THE APPLE definitely falls into that category.

It reminded me of a 1967 English film, PRIVILEGE....

Small | Large

which was similar, but not as glitz-spacy.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Apple « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.