Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 01:14:31 PM
534556 Posts in 40446 Topics by 5077 Members
Latest Member: shapeshifter77
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Heavy Metal 2000 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Heavy Metal 2000  (Read 13852 times)
David Fullam
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I think the film should have been retitled "Why God, why?" What a crappy follow up to a great movie. Where are Tarna and Den when you need them?
John Dashwood
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Yeah it sucked. In a bad way. I swear I was almost depressed after I saw it. It seemed to have an Anti-White Male message in it too. Subtle but there. I can't believe someone got paid to make that.

John
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

What Andrew says. No. What makes the original "Heavy Metal" better then this one, is that you knew, with the original, if you didn't like any of the characters, there would be some new ones along in a few minutes. With these characters, if you don't like them, you are stuck with them until the end of the film.

As a side note, my favorite episode of the original "Heavy Metal," or--at least--the most memorable for me, was the first one, which was set in a future New York City.

I must say, on a more postitive note, a pretty good barfight (watch the clip) in this one. And, at last, it finally makes sense for someone to duck behind the table, which not only seem to be made out of metal, but are also bulletproof. Of course, which raises the question, with the tables being both metal and bulletproof, how many fights do they have in this bar?
Zack
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 11:37:35 PM »

All I can say nice about this piece of tripe is that it was an dry run in the object lesson of dissapointment before we had to see the star wars prequels
Jamie
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 01:18:04 PM »

Atrocious film that is about one step above a Filmation He-Man epsiode. Might have been more cutting edge if it came out in like 1988 or earlier as it stands it was a weak entrance and no one batted so much as an eye at it.
Andromeda Strain
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Well, I saw the original Heavy metal on video and I have to say I hated it. Don't like the sequel any better. I mean my idea of fun does not include seeing random bloody violence and animated boobies anyway.
clockworkcanary
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I was sooo disappointed in Heavy Metal 2000.  Was this plot really lifted from one of their story arcs from the comic? Faak 2 I believe? Well, they sure could have picked a better one.  Faak2 is no Loknar.

I enjoyed the first one - I remember seeing it back in the early 80s on the Movie Channel (when it was one of the few movie channels) and loved it -still do, even though the overall plot is incoherent and the last story makes very little sense (as tied into the overall plot anyway).

I think what made the first one halfway decent was, as mentioned before, several stories/characters, many voiced by John Candy.  I enjoyed the first one "g#d!mn illegal aliens" and of course, the story with Den, and who didn't laugh at Captain Stern (or moreso, Hanover Fists).  The WWII segment was creepy too.

From watching the "behind the scenes" section of the original Heavy Metal, I guess they were pushed into an earlier finish before they had everything ironed out, which may be part of the reason the overall story was a little incoherent.  

Also, there was an additional scene between the Captain Stern and the WWII segment where the flying hand (holding the Loknar) landed on earth and progressed with the evolution of evil, climaxing at WWII -may have been better if the creators weren't pressured to finish early.
Creech
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Count me in with the disappointed for HM2k.  I loved the original Heavy Metal, and when I first heard of a sequel, I was pumped.

Then I saw it.  Hoo-boy.

According to the FAKK2 special HM printed (which had some plot changes in the film), the movie's plot wsa based on two stories - Melting Pot, about aliens grabbing different cultures and creatures and dumping them on a planet (would explain the final world everyone fights on), and FAKK2, about Julis Strain beating people up.  One of these stories has a cool concept, the other has a large-brested chick in it.  Which sounds like the more interesting film here?

...hang on, don't answer that.

I think one of HM's strong points was it's multi-story format; if Harry Canyon didn't suit you, stick around for Den, or Cap'n Stern, or whatever.  If you're not fond of Julie trying to act while she beats up monsters...kinda screwed.

But as least some of the soundtrack was boss.
microman
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I liked the original.  I remember following the different stories in the magazine before the movie was made.

I was really disappointed in the HM2k,  it just didn't have the alternaitve reality 'feel' of the first one.
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 11:36:41 PM »

I used to have this friend who was a total Julie Strain nut.

He made me and a bunch of people watch this turd one particular rainy night. I never forgave him for it.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Hans
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 08:30:34 PM »

If I had to say which movie I'd rather watch this or a Beautiful Mind. I'd choose this hands down. Whats wrong with you people. You've lost your humanity and your love for violence. The world seems to have become a p***y-whipped version of itself. All you want to do is watch people make speeches and debate in movies. Talk, talk, talk. You don't care about the action anymore. How boring you've become. I for one enjoyed this movie and its one of my favorites.
Jack
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 07:55:29 AM »

I absolutely loved the first one, it had great music, really creative animation, and was a load of fun.  The second one...watched it and completely forgot about it 5 minutes later. 

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain
joiless
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2008, 09:45:27 PM »

This movie was just insultingly, infuriatingly, insanely mediocre. A giant, poorly-animated flaming atomic ball of mediocrity. The animation in the original was actually superior. To this day, the words "Julie Strain" being attached in any way to "film," "flick," "movie," "animation," "science-fiction" or "cinematography" causes me develop a wicked case of cotton mouth and a dry, pounding ache in my right eye.

Oh. And Tyler's horribly delivered catchphrase? I'm pretty sure it's from a Western. Anyone have an idea?
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 04:47:45 AM »

This movie was just insultingly, infuriatingly, insanely mediocre. A giant, poorly-animated flaming atomic ball of mediocrity. The animation in the original was actually superior. To this day, the words "Julie Strain" being attached in any way to "film," "flick," "movie," "animation," "science-fiction" or "cinematography" causes me develop a wicked case of cotton mouth and a dry, pounding ache in my right eye.

Oh. And Tyler's horribly delivered catchphrase? I'm pretty sure it's from a Western. Anyone have an idea?

BounceGiggle

I agree, the original is far, far superior.

Mac
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 09:43:30 AM »

Ya so I thought the movie was crap!! The editor was too busy looking a photo's of Julie to notice he edited this flick in TV timing (pause for commercial) but I don't understand why reply # 8 watched this toon. "doesn't like violence of boobs" . Probably tries to eat apples with no teeth.

Don't like this, go see "Wizards" you'll be OK
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Heavy Metal 2000 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.