Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:12:00 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Godzilla: Final Wars « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Godzilla: Final Wars  (Read 85064 times)
Davezilla
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I guess I am a member of Happenstance's camp.  The worst Godzilla movie made in a very long time despite the budget.  For a kaiju fan.....zzzzzzz

Too much human emotion and human drama, not enough kaiju classing.  The new Gigan design is great...but not used enough.  Worst of all, Hedorah finally makes a reappearance after GvsHedorah in the 70s and he's barely in the movie at all.  I felt like screaming at the screen..what was the point of redoing his suit!!!!!  A waste of money!

All the kaiju fights are over way to quickly and I refuse to believe Godzilla just hands all the other monsters their asses.  The director does not "get" Godzilla at all.  Sure he's a power house but if your going for an all out fight you need to know it's Godzilla's "never quit" attitude that makes him the king of the monsters.  If your going to pay tribute to a series about a giant monster, the giant monster better be the focus not the stupid humans...

Sorry I'm too annoyed by the whole movie to continue!
markzilla
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Reviewer error alert! (i want to make the correction about our 3 headed costar NOT being present in this flick-it been awhile since i've only watched it once...*my bad* and my sincerest apology to our king Ghidorah!!!
markzilla
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Of all the entries of godzilla films, this 'Destroy All Monster rendition(as it seems)falls notably short. I wish Inoshiro Honda was around to direct this one or at least viewed it preproductionwise. His films always had a unique 'touch-n-feel' that sci-fi fastasy is all about-an absolute escape on those rainy Sat. afternoons i recall as a kid(the same holds true for Gammera movies). First of all,the fight scenes are at a minimum at best, thanks to human actor overexposuring.-the star power belongs to the monsters!!(hello..)the 2 Gigan idea is ok here;Manda,Aspiga,Anguirus,Minya,Hedora and gimantises fit the bill, too. But this time they didnt fully update this as the all-out monster bash it should've been.(the absence of king Ghidrah says you cant have a final fight w/o our most enduring Toho 'baddie' in all his 3headed glory.)and where's Mechagodzilla?(Honda would've had it back in remote mode via aliens control for the plot). Finally, adding Kong,Varan, a tougher Baragon,Megalon and Titanosaurus surely could've helped and my only other 'bonepick' is how they made king Seesar into a teen diva aberration(he even has relaxer in his hair!!
IT
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 10:30:09 AM »

I have never been so disapointed in a GODZILLA movie in my life.To me the best updated monters were Angillas,Kamacuras,Gigan,GHIDRAH.It was great seeing DEANZILLA getting his butt kicked IT was the best fight in this whole stupid movie.To make my commit
Myranda
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2007, 09:23:52 PM »

* The Jecht Shot is not only for Blitzball any more.

* If your name happens to be 'Captain Gordon,' you can always find work in an Atlus/Nippon Ichi game.

* Ghidorah needs to lay off the cloves and the World of Darkness game books.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 02:22:04 PM »

Don Fry? Thumbup Villian? Thumbdown What, i need more Matrix?
More monster mayhem, please! Give Daenzilla a nuclear enema! Angilis gets respect, for his "Rollerball" trick.
A good flick, when your in a riffing mood. Oh, the strait lines...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 04:34:51 PM »

This one is fun, but I have to agree it's not anywhere near as good as it could have been.  All the Power Rangers meet the Matrix stuff was annoying, and the acting and script were just about as bad as kaiju flicks get.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2007, 02:38:03 PM »

While I will admit it wasn't the masterpiece that Toho wanted everyone to believe it was, it certainly wasn't horrible, IMO.  Seeing Godzilla and Mothra team up again was pretty cool.
Jim H

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2007, 08:40:14 PM »

I found it reasonably entertaining.  A lot of the humans/mutants stuff was dumb, but it was still better than in most of the older productions.  I quite enjoyed Don Frye's character, his wooden acting seemed deliberate to me.  I mean, I have no doubt he's a terrible actor, but that was exactly the kind of performance the character called for. 

I also quite liked the monster fights.  I just wish there'd been more of them and they'd been longer.  I liked seeing Godzilla just show up and beat ass for once, rather than having the crap kicked out of him over and over til he randomly wins for some reason at the very end (well, ok, that isn't what happens in EVERY Godzilla movie..  Just like 10 of them).
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2007, 06:07:35 PM »

I found it reasonably entertaining.  A lot of the humans/mutants stuff was dumb, but it was still better than in most of the older productions.  I quite enjoyed Don Frye's character, his wooden acting seemed deliberate to me.  I mean, I have no doubt he's a terrible actor, but that was exactly the kind of performance the character called for. 

I also quite liked the monster fights.  I just wish there'd been more of them and they'd been longer.  I liked seeing Godzilla just show up and beat ass for once, rather than having the crap kicked out of him over and over til he randomly wins for some reason at the very end (well, ok, that isn't what happens in EVERY Godzilla movie..  Just like 10 of them).
That was actually one of the better features of this one, he was a monster on a mission and he didn't have time to let them beat on him!  The other kaiju were pretty cool in this one also, except for Kumonga, who was still a bit silly-looking.  But yeah, there could have been longer fight scenes.   We did get to see a lot of Gigan and his dysfunctional head though. 

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
Goji_girl
Bad Movie Lover

MEATLOAF! (meet-low-ff)

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 02:59:01 PM »

I liked it but there was one thing that was forgotten in the "Stuff to watch for thread". When Captain gordon is sitting down at the meeting table discussing a plan with Ozaki, Miyuki and that other dude, If you look behind him on the board with names... it will say Johnny Johnny at the bottom of the list. Not kidding. It actually says that.

Gabezilla84
New Visitor

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007, 03:25:33 PM »

I thought Final Wars was okay but I kept getting the impression throughout the film that it was a Godzilla film made for people who don't like Godzilla films. There were just so many things stolen from Hollywood action movies and whatnot. I thought the motorcycle chase scene was incredibly groan-inducing; like I want to be reminded of a Tom Cruise movie while watching a Godzilla movie. The Matrix references didn't help either, since I hate the Matrix with a passion. Overall, it was a rather disappointing movie with too few Kaiju scenes. I thought the "making of" footage on the Tri-star DVD was more interesting than watching the movie itself!

One thing you can never be too sure of is that you can never be too sure.

Are you sure of that?
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2007, 08:21:56 PM »

GODZILLA FINAL WARS (2004) - Good film even though there may have been two films here. I mean the whole thing between the mutants and the aliens was distracting me from the monsterfest a bit. The Godzilla film has been brought into todays filmmaking style of humans engaged in fast paced martial fight scenes and oh yea we also get monsters. Some of our old favorites are back including Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah, and a brief appearance of the smog monster. One of the wilder looking ones was that hairy headed creature that ran around trying to beat Godzilla. Another character I got to like little by little is the caucasian ship commander with the sword and that air ship. All in all a good film, but not in the tradition of Godzilla and not as good in my opinion as GODZILLA 2000 (2000).

(7 out of 10 Stars)   Thumbup Thumbup I like the old and ominous Godzilla approaching the city films better.

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=be-xYRKXiHE&mode=related&search= 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 08:44:26 PM by Scott » Logged

the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2007, 09:15:44 PM »

I loved Godzilla: Final Wars.  I thought it was much better than Godzilla 2000, but not as good as Destroy All Monsters.  Final Wars is sort of a return to the campy style of the 60's and 70's Godzilla flicks, and those have always been the most fun for me, even though I've enjoyed every era of G-flicks.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 03:57:42 AM »

I thought Godzilla Final Wars was okay, but a little too long and spastic.  Then again, I wasn't largely impressed with the Millennium series as a whole.  Sure, I liked it, but I think Toho went a little far doing a new film every year. 

Honestly, I don't see Toho doing a fourth series any time soon.  They said 2013, but they've said they have absolutely no interest in doing any more daikaiju films for a long while.  I hope when they do do one that they actually take their time to write and produce Godzilla films rather than crank a new one out yearly. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Godzilla: Final Wars « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.