Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:24:44 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Lake Placid « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Lake Placid  (Read 83274 times)
robinloaf
New Visitor

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2007, 10:49:18 AM »

Can you believe that there is a sequel to this piece of crap coming out on DVD in January 2008? What the hell? Did anybody actually like this movie? I thought it was a comedy when I saw it at a marketing screening. Imagine my surprise when I found out the filmmakers were serious. Killer crocs may be cool but you wouldn't know it based on this stupid flick!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2007, 04:28:58 PM »

I rather liked LAKE PLACID.  The croc was fairly well done, and there were some nice comic touches in the movie as well . . . like  Betty White blindfolding the cow as she led it down to the water's edge!!! LOL!

On the other hand, it was totally unrealistic . . . but hey, it's a B-movie!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
movieguy247
New Visitor

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2008, 09:42:13 AM »

"Lake Putrid" is more accurate. I can"t believe they made a sequel.
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2008, 04:43:58 PM »

I have fond memories of this one as it was one of the first times that I recognized the fine quality of a movie being good by virtue of not pretending to be good.

Yes, Betty White's role accomplishes this almost single handedly. If you're on this forum, you should have seen this one by now.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
J.D.
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2008, 04:55:05 AM »

Andrew, are you sure the croc is only thirty feet?  Salt water crocs can get up to 40 feet but thats the rare exception these days. We have them in the very southern part of the everglades, Floridia and even on occassion, Key West.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2008, 06:45:46 AM »

Andrew, are you sure the croc is only thirty feet?  Salt water crocs can get up to 40 feet but thats the rare exception these days. We have them in the very southern part of the everglades, Floridia and even on occassion, Key West.

Per Wikipedia, the largest Australian saltwater crocodile on record is 20.6 feet, though a number of other sites (include National Geographic) report specimens up to 7 meters, which would be 23 feet.  From what I know, the American saltwater crocodile is a different, and smaller, species.

It has been years since I reviewed the film, so I am not certain where my stated length came from.  It could have been stated by one of the characters.  I will say that the picture of the crocodile on the flatbed trailer at the end makes like look larger than thirty feet, as I think trailers are around 50 feet in length or so.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
luke-jones
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2010, 10:12:05 AM »

Hatred

The old bag wasn't arrested for child endangerment, aiding and abeting a known treat, being an accomplice to murder, public endagerment, reckless endangerment, and insulting the Sheriff.

ChunkeeOne
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2011, 03:28:47 AM »

All's I know is Betty White's attitude in this movie, made me find her really attractive for an older gal. 
monster93
New Visitor

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2012, 06:00:56 PM »

Oh! come on this one was ok, the one that really sucked was the second and actually it isn't on this website
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2012, 08:18:04 AM »

Betty White: Foul tempered hater of humans. The croc is her WMD.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
CalrissianFoxxSteele
Dedicated Viewer

God

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2012, 11:58:02 PM »

Kind of an interesting idea. "Spoofing" (put that lightly) the old giant, hostile animal horror routine.

Bridget Fonda...that's about the only appeal for a movie I need.

“I’m gonna live a rockstar life. Money, b***hes, and fame. Because my mommy said I can do anything I put my mind to.”
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Lake Placid « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.