Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:44:06 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Horror of Party Beach « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Horror of Party Beach  (Read 34936 times)
Cambot99
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw the MST3K version as well. I forgot who quote this but "Coooookies!!!!" God that was funny.
Bob
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Superb!  Along with "Prince of Space" one of the best MST3K episodes ever.
godzillavsdogora
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

A crazy creature flik. To quote Crow from MST3K-"Hotdogs!, Get yer hotdogs!" Hehehehehehe...
Cassiebunny
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this as an MST3K, and I have to say it is hilarious!  The review pointed out some of the same stupid things I noticed, and a few I didn't.  I'll have to watch it again...Oh the horror!

The absolute best part is the monsters.  I don't know how any of the actors were able to keep a straight face!!!
Happenstance
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Why would anyone WANT to make "a movie like this" in this day and age? Oh, right...some scumbags still find "characters" like Eulabelle funny. Hollywood still provides plenty of such bigot-pleasing caricatures, albeit not as many as they once did. (Guess they figured out there are OTHER audience markets besides insecure little man-babies who need derogatory racist stereotypes for comfort...)
1st comment!
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 07:01:25 AM »

This uproariously grisly monster flick was pretty darn cool and surely secured a place in our warped mindsets
John Pickett III
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw the MST3K'ed version.  I loved it.  The fight scene between the beetneck bikers and the beach bums was as good as any Rock movie (1 thru 2000 (Seems like it anyway)).  I would have to assume that all Universities are dumping toxic wasted skeletons in the river.  Those monsters must have been the Oscamyerwienermonsterusdorkus (latin).

Later,

JOHN
Ken Begg
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Thank goodness!  Every week I come here and you've reviewed some flick I have on my own review short list (Neon Maniacs, the Ferrigno Hercules movies, etc.) meaning that I can't read your article.

Luckily, I got Party Beach out of the way earlier in the year (before the DVD came out, worse the luck), so I could finally read one of your new pieces.  Hot damn!
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Thank-you for the laugh, Andrew. I haven't laughed so hard at anything, since I saw "Cars."

Besides the fact, that they are apparently handling the sodium without any type of protective gear (Children do not try this at home) is the way they chuck the sodium at the monsters. Hank chucks it overhand, while Dr. Gavin chucks it underhand. Was that a two-handed underhand I saw there?

And one need not hit a monster to destroy it. Chuck the sodium anywhere near the monster, and it is blown to smithereens, so nothing is left of it.

I will credit the film with this. Something Hollywood has seemed to have forgotten. Forty years ago, Hollywood knew how to make a film that was fun to watch.
onionhead
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 03:49:42 PM »

Before Up from the Depths, before Jaws, before Humanoids from the Deep, there was this little gem.  I thought it was an early Roger Corman effort, but I guess not.  It does reek of Corman, or perhaps Larry Buchanan.
karmyn
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The scene where the two policemen go to the doctor's house on the day of Tina's funeral was obviously filmed in the winter. Check out the trees in the background. Isn't it too cold to go to the beach in the winter in New England?
Still, one of my favorite MST3K eps of the Sci-Fi era.
Ted
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 01:54:00 AM »

In case anyone is interested the whole movie was shot in Stamford.  The pavillion where the Del Aires performed is still there, they also filmed alot of scenes on High Ridge Road - the little deli  where the 2 girls were waiting for a brother to pick them up is still there, the gas station is gone but it sets up a very funny point.  Remember the pump jockey tells the girls from New York to take a left on Wire Mill Road to get back home?  Watch as the girls' car takes the left turn if you look up you see a highway bridge in the background, that's the Merrit Parkway which takes you to New York.  Wire Mill Road is just a side connector between High Ridge and Long Ridge Roads.  The Charter Oaks were a real motorcycle gang and they still hang out in Stamford.  Hope this helps.
Scott Ferrell
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 09:56:59 PM »

I watch rotten horror films from the 50s and 60s mainly because I am an old car freak. One point I would like to bring up is this...There are only two people in Elaines family, Elaine and the Doctor father.  Could someone explain why they have two nine passanger station wagons?

Elaine drives a 1960 Dodge Polara and Dad drives a 1962 Chevy wagon.  Another thing, why does the police use a siren(1961 Chevy Biscayne) to deliver a message to the doctor? Little things like this really make a rotten film fun.  
giant Claw
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 12:29:05 AM »

HHHMMM Invite them to a weenie roast and watch them scarf down the weenies TongueOut
korngirl95616
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 06:48:42 AM »

Loved the MST3K episode. Second best ever.

"Don't know what panties are, yet they feel compelled to raid."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Horror of Party Beach « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.