Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:15:54 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Movie Theme Song « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Worst Movie Theme Song  (Read 21591 times)
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 08:01:51 PM »

This has to be an acutal "theme" music, eh?  'Cause I can think of a lot of general film music that was pretty bad --
1)  Whatever was that sado-masochistic pervert song that the bad guys sing to each other in "Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang"?  That made my flesh crawl as a child -- why this is still considered wholesome family fare escapes me --
2)  Lon Chaney sings "Spider Baby"!!!
3)  The theme to "Spy Hard" by Weird Al Yankovick was supposed to be intentionally funny, but I still find it pretty much a head-shaker . . .
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 02:16:31 AM »

"Benson, Arizona" (the theme to "Dark Star" of course) --

a.   it's country,
b.   sound quality unbelievably tinny and blaring -- like a low-quality drive-in speaker that has been beaten with a Louisville slugger and then a gallon of wine poured into it,
c.   was sung by extras and cast IIRC,
d.   really bloody horribly written and sung.   Twangy, flat, and plodding, yet still shrieky.

That's my vote.  Oh yeah.   hot
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 05:49:11 AM »

The Sammy Hagar theme song, "Winner Takes it All", from Over the Top, actually the whole soundtrack album is prime evidence of what was wrong with the 80s.

Any theme or closing credits song sung by Jackie Chan for one of his films. I knew a guy who actually collected them since he really liked them, not as kitsch or guilty pleasure music even.

"Hooray for Santa(y) Claus" from Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. Neverending pain when played, it's way too long and seem even longer since it drags out every last misbegotten note.

The title song from the 1970s William Smith flick "Hollywood Man". Murky and rambling country-rock, makes the Eagles seem macho by comparison.

Not the theme song, but any of Gerrit Graham's singing in Cannonball, but that was bad on purpose.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 09:50:41 PM »

I think anyone here who likes LEE VAN CLEEF or TELLY SAVALAS will appreciate:

Captain Apache (Lee Van Cleef sings theme song)

Pancho Villa (Telly Savalas sings the theme song at the end of the film)

Flangepart

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 12:00:54 PM »

"Benson, Arizona" (the theme to "Dark Star" of course) --

a.   it's country,
b.   sound quality unbelievably tinny and blaring -- like a low-quality drive-in speaker that has been beaten with a Louisville slugger and then a gallon of wine poured into it,
c.   was sung by extras and cast IIRC,
d.   really bloody horribly written and sung.   Twangy, flat, and plodding, yet still shrieky.

That's my vote.  Oh yeah.   hot
All true...but i still like it.
It fitys the attitude of the movie. The less it fits, the more it jars the mind.
The theme for FIREBALL XL-5...a love song for a kids show?  It just don't seem RIGHT!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Torgo

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 04:07:04 PM »

"Hey! Hey! Hey! BIM's on the way!"

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Torgo

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2006, 04:08:31 PM »

my pick for 2nd worst song is the theme  song to Dead Heat that plays throughoug the ending credits.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2006, 07:28:54 PM »

Ben.

Maybe it 'fits' but... TongueOut

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Neville

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2006, 04:35:43 AM »

Surprisingly, "Move your dead bones" from "Beyond Re-animator" still has to make its appearence. It's a really crappy song, and doesn't even fit with the movie, but the video is hysterical and has become a regular staple at YouTube.

Small | Large

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
peter johnson

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2006, 10:49:15 PM »

Oh, yeah!
Ben! . . . Ben!!. . . BENNNN!!
I remember seeing the original "Willard" at a drive-in in Virginia when it first came out -- GREAT horror movie, so I was thrilled when I heard there was going to be a sequel -- "BEN"!! --
Well, imagine my deep deep disappointment when that . . . that . . . THING with the little boy singing to and cuddling his pet rat came out.
I've always thoroughly disliked Michael Jackson and his music -- Though I will confess I DID like the "Thriller" video when it first came out -- and that nasal, whining lullaby, the "Ben" theme, really makes me ill -- and not in a good way, either!
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 02:06:10 PM »

There's a song in the crappy slasher GRADUATION DAY by a sucky group called "Felony".  Pure pain.  The music itself isn't really bad.  But the lead singer.. phew!
Small | Large

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2013, 04:02:29 PM »

How about:

Small | Large

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
carchase
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013, 04:14:56 PM »

the worse one off the top of my head is the opening song from " 9 deaths of the ninja"

maybe it's because of the dancing girls with the ninja doin his ninja moves while the song is playing.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 08:24:45 AM »

"All Time High" from I think 2 different Bruce lee movies. It's kind of like "You light Up my life"
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 08:30:06 AM »

The "animals are nothing but warm fuzzy friends" theme to the ridiculous docu...I cannot say it...movie ARCTIC TALE.  Nauseating.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Movie Theme Song « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.