Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:45:14 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stop the suffering. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Stop the suffering.  (Read 5649 times)
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 06:33:22 PM »

Amanda Pay's character in The Kindred. When she begins to transform into the gill-woman/hybrid, the look of horror and "what is happening to me?" just make me wish they would put her out of her misery. I know her character was a baddie, and I had a crush on her from Max Headroom, but that one stuck with me. Also the woman attacked by the critter in the watermelon while driving her car, but less so in that case.

Yul Brynner in The Ultimate Warrior when during the climax, Carrot is hanging by his garrote/cable from Brynner's arm. You knew what was coming to get rid of him, and good for them for putting in the film, then he has to chop off his own hand. Then crawl in agony to a nearby fire and stick the stump in to cauterize the wound.

How can anyone scream in terror when banjo music is playing? Juxtaposition. Also a girl I know told me if you ever wanted to torture her, force her to watch old reruns of Hee Haw. We made a non-torture pact after that.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2006, 07:52:21 PM »

Okay, you guys are going the horror route with this, but what about some comedy. Remember O.J. Simpson's character Detective Nordberg from the Naked Gun movies.

Poor guy never got a break, but after what happened since maybe he doesn't deserve one.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 08:41:05 PM »

But since comedy plays the pain and suffering for laughs usually without realistic consequences, it's harder to get worked up over it. Even the pain and suffering is played for laughs later, like when the bandaged character in traction is tormented and hurt by other oblivious characters. Look at the whole film The Disorderly Orderly.

And Nordberg was a human pincushion, he was only there to get hurt. Or maybe OJ was building up karmic equity against his later life. All things considered he has come out much better than and one would have figured or thought he deserved. End of my pointless hijack.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2006, 09:00:48 PM »

I had forgotten all about the one bad girl from "The Kindred."  That was at the end of the movie, when everything suddenly happens at once.  The monster goes berserk, baby monsters are hopping everywhere, the place is on fire, and she suddenly up and morphs into fish-girl.  Now that you reminded me of it, that scene with her gills flapping open does stick in your memory.

I remember one bit of comedy/pain.  In the movie "Cavegirl," there is this one caveman who keeps trying to spy on the guy (who traveled back from present day) and the cavegirl.  He keeps slipping and falling down, off of cliffs and such.  Had a friend, who I have not seen in years, who could not stop laughing at that.  Caveman falling down a cliff, screaming the whole way - hilarity.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Rombles
Dedicated Viewer

Stupid fat hobbit...

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2006, 09:08:18 PM »

How can anyone scream in horror when banjo music is playing?
Sounds like a fair enough reason in itself.....  Buggedout

Brrrrrrrraaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stop the suffering. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.