Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:00:11 PM
714380 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The worst of the worst. No, not "Manos". « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The worst of the worst. No, not "Manos".  (Read 9359 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 10:29:42 PM »

THE CORPSE GRINDERS is a poor film because of the look and acting, but the whole concept of a corpse grinder is hard to pass up. It should be remade with better production values.  Thumbup

zombiedudeman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 10:39:04 PM »

A lot of Sub Rosa movies are pain to me. Also Chris Seaver movies, he directed Filthy McNasty and Mulva Zombie Ass Kicker, ugh. I tend to not vehmently hate movies as long as they can hold my attention, even if they're so utterly stupid (like Popeye, sucked but I was able sit through it). What makes a movie horrible for me is the tedious boredem combined with looking like half-assed trash. Sub Rosa and Chris Seaver movies are poorly written, nonsensical stories that bore me to tears! Being camcorder movies with amatures that can't act makes it all worse.  I can never sit through them but I keep them just for my personal "museum of Stupidity" where I exhibit the most stupid things I ever crossed in my life.

I have that Corpse Grinder film by the way, haven't got to popping it in yet, I think I'll do it tonight to see if it's worthy of my "museum" haha.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 10:59:37 AM »

You people just don't take the worst modern films into enough consideration! The worst for me are Dracula 3000 (in a good way) and Scarecrow Slayer (in a bad way)

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Torgo

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 03:53:32 PM »

I saw a David Carradine movie a while back entitled Evil Toons.

I could only make it 20 minutes into the movie as it was that bad.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 04:52:26 PM »

Whta?! Evil ToonS was a barrel o laughs! i dug it, mon.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 08:43:53 PM »

Evil Toons isn't even in the ballpark of badness. The story is a little dull (it's a Fred Olen Ray movie not Shakespeare), the title is a scam since there's maybe one animated sequence - badly and cheaply done, and only one Toon; but it could be a lot worse. You get to see some familiar names (Carradine, Dick Miller, Arte Johnson) toughing it out for a paycheck, some good soft-core nekkidness (Michelle Bauer shows up only long enough to get topless), and a few cheap laughs and in-jokes.

Dracula 3000 is worth a look for the laughs of trying to sandwich in connections to the source material and the attempts to be all "future-ish" (I can see them explaining it that way) with religion being forgotten or outlawed. Also the characters (or screenwriters) mixing up a cross and a crucifix, and the pure artistic talent in any medium that is Coolio!

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
KYGOTC

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2006, 09:07:33 PM »

oH, wait. Im thinking of a different movie. I havent seen "Evil Toons". I was thinking of something else.

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2006, 10:52:29 AM »

Terror Toons right?

KYGOTC

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2006, 01:22:29 PM »

Yes, thats the one Im thinking of. Thank yew Senior Briggs.

Yaddo 42

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2006, 06:51:01 PM »

I was going to guess that film but for some reason I thought it was called "Killer Toonz".

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
peter johnson

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006, 11:19:43 PM »

This sort of raises an interesting issue, as in how long does a certain actor have to appear onscreen before you call it an "Actor X" movie?
John Neville is the protagonist in "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" -- Robin Williams is barely onscreen at all as the (unbilled -- Williams even used a false name in the end-credits) King of The Moon.  If someone does a walk-on cameo like that, can we still call it "their" movie?
Hell, if you look at IMDB, there are at least 2 dozen other actors & actresses that have more screen-time in it than Williams -- Why not call it an "Uma Thurman" movie?
peter johnson'/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2006, 11:47:11 PM »

I mentioned THE BARON OF MUNCHAUSEN, but also felt that the movie wasn't good because of him. He just happen to be in it.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 11:48:45 PM by Scott » Logged

Yaddo 42

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2006, 01:11:43 AM »

It's probably prescence, rather than screen time, that makes a film an "Actor X" film. A notable scene, a showy role, memorable scene chewing, etc. Whoever puts their stamp on the film in the audience's mind.

William's cameo got a lot of attention at the time, and still gets it when people mention the film now. But to me it's a Terry Gilliam film and not really any of the actors in it. I see how his part serves as an example of what a lot of people hate about Williams, me included, but he has many more roles in film he actually starred in to serve as examples.

But I like TAOBM as a film itself, not perfect but a minor favorite.

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2006, 06:04:36 AM »

Also see Little Shop of Horrors (original) and Dr. Strangelove

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2006, 07:39:53 AM »

I remember a movie called BEAST of MORROCCO (aka HAND of NIGHT) from Creature Feature when I was a kid. Confusing...boring...blah.I DISMEMBER MAMA (1972):No dismembering! Boring yawnfest! Good title,though.More:
THREE on a MEAT HOOK(1973) Leave it to William (ASYLUM of SATAN) Girdler to f*ck up a movie based on Ed Gein.
STAR TREK(1979) How,in the name of all thats possible,can you screw up a movie with all the original cast, a HUGE budget,and direction by Robert (the HAUNTING) Wise!?!? Watch and yawn.
KING KONG(1976) DAMMIT!!!I STILL hold a grudge for paying $1.50 at the theatre to see DeLaurentis casterated version of one of my favorite movies of all time!
a

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The worst of the worst. No, not "Manos". « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.