Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:19:59 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Submitted Reader Reviews  |  Guide For Submitting Reader Reviews « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Guide For Submitting Reader Reviews  (Read 90021 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: November 30, 2006, 02:21:23 AM »

The short version:  Reviews submitted for inclusion into the Reader Reviews section should be posted to this board or emailed to Andrew.

In addition to posting links to reviews on other websites, this is the place to post your own reviews of bad movies.  Every so often (monthly), I will look through this board for a well-written review.  If I have access to the movie, I will create all the sounds/images/and video for the article.  This forum is the proving grounds, where your review will be seen by other readers and you can work out any proofreading or final touches.

Posting your review here gives me no rights or ownership, except to publish the review on the website.  However, the review is still yours.  If you later want the review removed, I will do so.

In order to assist anyone who wants to write a Badmovies.org style review, I have posted the code for a skeleton template below.  It is the basics for writing a post here that will follow the format that I use.

Code:

[color=yellow]NAME OF THE FILM
Rated: MPAA RATING
X slimes
Copyright Company and Date:
Submitted by YOUR NAME[/color]

[color=yellow]THE CHARACTERS[/color]

Justin - Just a fictional fellow.  He likes to play the piano while his boat floats down the Amazon.  Squeezed to death and eaten.

[color=yellow]LESSONS LEARNED[/color]

Fish can be used as boomerangs.
There is nothing wrong with talking to chickens.

[color=yellow]STUFF TO WATCH FOR[/color]
4 mins - Look out Mr. President!
43 mins - And just where do you think you are going?

[color=yellow]NOTABLE QUOTES[/color]

Some guy: "Yeah, I ate a chicken."
Other some guy: "The whole thing?"
Some guy: "Yeah."

[color=yellow]THE PLOT[/color]

DELETE AND WRITE YOUR PLOT HERE.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 12:03:25 PM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 10:55:03 AM »

Dang, if only I could find how to post music/video clips/take screenshots I'd bring Return to Horror High onto the board!

Josh Forbes (Or, I dunno, hero kid): Kastleman! You honky, (WTF??) There never was an Amos! (Sound incredibly like "Anus" in this instance TeddyR )

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 10:32:44 AM »

there should be a screen cap button on your dvd player (on your computer) it depends though but if it does, you just have to set a destination for the picture files( a folder on the desktop will do) and press the button when you want to capture a frame.
Mason
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 03:33:24 PM »

What if we can get the clips and screenshots ourselves? Do we send them to you to put them on the review, or is there a way to do it alone?
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 04:17:56 PM »

What if we can get the clips and screenshots ourselves? Do we send them to you to put them on the review, or is there a way to do it alone?

You can create the files if you wish.  The thing I ask is that people who do so look through how I create the files.  For images, I create 6-8 of them, with a max size of 800 by 600 pixels and the edges cropped.  For sound clips, create 4-6 and I use 11 KHz, 16 bit, Mono and keep the length to short clips.  The video file is 352 by 240 (or smaller for the vert) and about 30 seconds long (no more than 880 mbit/sec) and the edges cropped.  With all that, I also need a 150 by 113 (or smaller for the vert) preview for the image clip.

I have a fair video editing system available that I use and doing all of these are second nature.

There is not an automated way for someone to upload files to the Badmovies.org server, so they should be emailed to me or uploaded somewhere I can download them (remembering that making too large of an email will cause my server to bounce the email).

« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 05:24:19 AM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 08:56:59 PM »

Do we use the attatched template to write the reviews? Question

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 09:12:36 AM »

It's not mandatory.  I just made it in case someone wanted to write a Badmovies.org style review.  It just provides a skeleton framework.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 01:32:29 PM »

It's not mandatory.  I just made it in case someone wanted to write a Badmovies.org style review.  It just provides a skeleton framework.

So do we just delete your names and stuff and type it in and it will come out normal?

Yes, salad.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 08:29:26 PM »

So do we just delete your names and stuff and type it in and it will come out normal?

Not entirely.  You copy from the template and paste into a new post, changing what you need after doing so.  What you get is a forum posted review that follows the format of a Badmovies.org one.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 05:53:18 PM »

Not entirely.  You copy from the template and paste into a new post, changing what you need after doing so.  What you get is a forum posted review that follows the format of a Badmovies.org one.

Awesome, thanks Andrew.

Yes, salad.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 07:20:04 PM »

The short version:  Reviews submitted for inclusion into the Reader Reviews section should be posted to this board or emailed to Andrew.

I will create all the sounds/images/and video for the article. 

You'll do the sounds and video too? Thats awsome!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 03:07:29 PM »

Question for Andrew: I mean to do a full scale badmovies.org review.  The movie I'm thinking of reviewing is THEY SAVED HITLER'S BRAIN.  Because it's kind of a "classic", though, I'm worried you might want to do it yourself someday.

In general, would it be a good idea to ask about the movie we hope to review to see if you already have plans for it?   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 05:10:40 PM »

Question for Andrew: I mean to do a full scale badmovies.org review.  The movie I'm thinking of reviewing is THEY SAVED HITLER'S BRAIN.  Because it's kind of a "classic", though, I'm worried you might want to do it yourself someday.

In general, would it be a good idea to ask about the movie we hope to review to see if you already have plans for it?   

Karma!  I didn't even think on that one.

Yes, salad.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 05:14:15 PM »

Yes, certainly if you are worried I might be working on a review.  I've actually put off my own reviews at times when somebody submitted a reader review, and also put a reader review on hold when I was posting my own.

I do mean to eventually review "They Saved Hitler's Brain," but it's not even on my review horizon, so please feel free.  If anything, I think you're jumping in front of the bullet for me.  That movie is boring.  Hellishly boring.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
AllisonSNLKid
Dedicated Viewer

Your Saturday Night Live Guru since 1996!

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 08:07:28 PM »

I plan on doing a review of the most bizzare treatment of the Jekyll and Hyde story, Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde.  I even made a montage of the Tim Daly-Sean Young male to female transformation scenes that is on my Daily Motion page (it's been watched more than 1000 times!).  Can I post the link on here with my review?  I'm still writing the review itself, but I figured, as a new member, I should ask.

It's like people only do things because they get paid.  And that's just really sad.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Submitted Reader Reviews  |  Guide For Submitting Reader Reviews « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.