Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:03:26 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Submitted Reader Reviews  |  Guide For Submitting Reader Reviews « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Guide For Submitting Reader Reviews  (Read 90042 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 07:37:58 AM »

I plan on doing a review of the most bizzare treatment of the Jekyll and Hyde story, Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde.  I even made a montage of the Tim Daly-Sean Young male to female transformation scenes that is on my Daily Motion page (it's been watched more than 1000 times!).  Can I post the link on here with my review?  I'm still writing the review itself, but I figured, as a new member, I should ask.

Sure thing.  If it's flash, you cannot embed it, but you can still link to it.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
AllisonSNLKid
Dedicated Viewer

Your Saturday Night Live Guru since 1996!

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 03:27:38 PM »

I believe it is in fact embeddable, as I've embedded it elsewhere. 

Thank you!

It's like people only do things because they get paid.  And that's just really sad.
demon_dave
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 05:15:36 PM »

Dang, if only I could find how to post music/video clips/take screenshots I'd bring Return to Horror High onto the board!

Josh Forbes (Or, I dunno, hero kid): Kastleman! You honky, (WTF??) There never was an Amos! (Sound incredibly like "Anus" in this instance TeddyR )

Return to Horror High is among the top 10 all time IMO. I'll never forget when my buddy bought it from Walmart for $2, and we had about 10 of us watching on a Friday night....we put in the DVD.....and BAM!!! Laughter burst forth from all of us, 2 of my friends tumbled off the couch barely able to breathe....on the TV screen was just a giant play button icon...and under it...the text... "Strat Movie", that's right "Strat Movie". That alone was worth our $2, and from there it just got better with George Clooney getting killed off in 5 lines or less and the teamsters..."trying to make this movie good is like trying to polish a turd". Classic, purely classic.

I have about 800 odd boxed sets/$2-$7 DVD's I bought from walmart and the dollar stores around here from 2000-2007. I'll start posting some reviews soon as I have desperately been looking for others who share my twisted interest in terrible, terrible movies.
Russell Shiley
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 02:58:49 AM »

Do we use the attatched template to write the reviews? Question

It's not mandatory.  I just made it in case someone wanted to write a Badmovies.org style review.  It just provides a skeleton framework.
Howdy!
I have a review I'm working on I'd like to submit, for an early '70s Spanish horror flick titled "Blue Eyes Of The Broken Doll".  Just curious if you'd seen or heard of it, and just to be certain that you're cool with me posting it here; the review is just in the works, currently.  But I should have it ready in a few days or so.

Love the site, and all the snide comments that these movies so richly deserve.

Thanks,
"Retro" Russell Shiley
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 06:16:49 AM »

Howdy!
I have a review I'm working on I'd like to submit, for an early '70s Spanish horror flick titled "Blue Eyes Of The Broken Doll".  Just curious if you'd seen or heard of it, and just to be certain that you're cool with me posting it here; the review is just in the works, currently.  But I should have it ready in a few days or so.

Love the site, and all the snide comments that these movies so richly deserve.

I had not hear of it before, but that wouldn't be any reason to disagree with a review being posted.  The only guideline for a review is that it should follow normal forum rules.  Is there any special concern about the film or review?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Russell Shiley
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 09:29:17 PM »

No, other than the fact that it's completetly inane.  Which makes it right at home here, doesn't it?

Cool.. I'll post the info for it here, then.  I don't have much experience in reviewing, so wish me luck!
Russell Shiley
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 02:23:10 PM »

Actually, I'll just email you the .txt file; that's easier.  I'll see if I can't capture some audio/video/snaps later for the multimedia sections.

Thank you sir!
Jed Siple
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 12:11:39 AM »

Andrew,

You said if an e-mail is too big, it will bounce back.  I'm working on a review of Curse of the Cannibal Confederates, and am pulling the video, pic, & audio files.  Should I send them in separate e-mails when they're ready then, or is it okay to do all in one?

Well, whatever it is your not doing, go don't do it somewhere else!
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 06:53:44 AM »

Andrew,

You said if an e-mail is too big, it will bounce back.  I'm working on a review of Curse of the Cannibal Confederates, and am pulling the video, pic, & audio files.  Should I send them in separate e-mails when they're ready then, or is it okay to do all in one?

I can receive fairly large emails.  Try sending them to me in one, and let's see if it works.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2010, 01:02:33 AM »

I'm considering doing a review of The Cop in Blue Jeans (1976)? After watching it, I think it deserves one here. Any plans for that one?

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2010, 08:16:23 AM »

I'm considering doing a review of The Cop in Blue Jeans (1976)? After watching it, I think it deserves one here. Any plans for that one?

Not by me, and nobody has mentioned it in passing.  Reading about it on the IMDb, it sounds like a real grindhouse film - lots of action scenes loosely cobbled together, characters who are almost two-dimensional, and so on.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Zaroff
New Visitor

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 03:21:11 PM »

Hi, would i be remiss if i paraded a review of The Flying Saucer past people? Or would the dullness overwhelm? Would this be the place to uh, bludgeon it? Thanks.
NelsonRage
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2013, 01:50:57 AM »

Two things, for one I just saw what I now regard as one of the greatest movies ever because I had not seen it since I was a kid, the movie was " The Hypnotic Eye" (1960) starring Jacques Bergerac, Merry Anders, Allison Hayes, and of course as a kid, I didn't realize how stupid funny and great it really was either. I am very surprised it is not already on here somewhere unless it is and it's not under H or has another title maybe, anyone know of it on here?

My second question is, if we use the format that you have, do you really want/ need us to do it in yellow like that?  Question

"If we hole up I want to be somewhere familiar, I want to know where the exits are, and I want to be allowed to smoke."
    - Ed, Shaun of the Dead (2004)
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2013, 11:59:14 AM »

Two things, for one I just saw what I now regard as one of the greatest movies ever because I had not seen it since I was a kid, the movie was " The Hypnotic Eye" (1960) starring Jacques Bergerac, Merry Anders, Allison Hayes, and of course as a kid, I didn't realize how stupid funny and great it really was either. I am very surprised it is not already on here somewhere unless it is and it's not under H or has another title maybe, anyone know of it on here?

My second question is, if we use the format that you have, do you really want/ need us to do it in yellow like that?  Question

I do not believe that we have ever seen a review of it here, and I cannot recall the name from my experience.  You do have me interested in it, and I see it is available via the Warner Archive collection.

You don't need to worry about the various colors if you use the format here. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2015, 02:39:26 PM »

Are TV episode reviews acceptable, or is it mandatory that I do movies? I honestly don't mind which one, but just so I don't get confused and submit a TV episode review without acknowledging that it may not be accepted.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Submitted Reader Reviews  |  Guide For Submitting Reader Reviews « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.