Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:17:01 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Ultimate Sandwich « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Ultimate Sandwich  (Read 7347 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: November 30, 2006, 01:30:11 PM »

Ah, the victim in nearly every script involving my lunch.  My favorite version of this is as follows:

Oat nut bread, German spicy honey mustard, thick sliced monterey jack cheese, and several medium thickness slices of Boar's Head BBQ chicken.  Served with a pickle. 

Just to top it off, today I am on leave (Katie had a dental appointment and took Jenna with her - Jenn'a first dental appointment is next Tuesday), so I was able to have a tall pilsner of Spaten Octoberfest with my lunch.  That was good.

On a related note, wait a few after eating your yogurt to wash it down with the beer.  Funky tasting...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 02:26:03 PM »

Oh!
At first I thought you were talking about a movie called, "The Ultimate Sandwich" but then I realized you were talking about your lunch.

Your sandwich sounds good except for the pickle.
I've never liked pickles in any form.
Was the pickle on the sandwich, or off to the side?

There have been many times in my past where I took the pickles off my burger or sandwich and asked a friend or family member, "Do you want my pickles?"
And 99% of the time, they took them.

Ironically...I love the smell of pickles, but can't stand the taste.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 02:45:49 PM by Ashthecat » Logged
zombiedudeman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 04:29:22 PM »

the ultimate sandwhich should use waffles instead of bread   Cheers
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 07:25:13 PM »

Mine is the "Turkey Dinner"... Whole grain bread (the kind with seeds, nuts. bark) with turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, sandwich veggies and cream cheese. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 09:33:34 PM »

Spam and cheese sandwich with any kind of mustard on toast. Maybe some lettuce.

Reubens, Tomato, and BLT sandwiches are also favorites of mine.

zombiedudeman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 10:22:53 PM »

just looking at spam makes my arteries hurt...I wish I could eat spam all day though  Bluesad
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 11:50:09 PM »

Roast beef, rare, with cheddar cheese and horseradish on rye bread and a bottle of Sam Adams black lager. Cheers
My doctor says I can't eat this, but man does not live by a low cholesterol diet alone.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 04:53:50 AM »

Dont laff. OK, you can if you want. Boloney and peanut butter with crushed potato chips on Hillbilly brand bread. Crunchy peanut butter-JIF.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 02:48:33 PM »

A mile -high pastrami / corned beef and swiss on a Kaiser roll browned in garlic butter, with an ice-cold bottle of Vernor's (Canadian; the U.S. version ain't what it used to be).

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 12:31:09 AM »

In the distant past of 3 years ago I created The Master Piece, literally black peppered beef with lots of mozzarella on two croissants. Though I live in Po-boy world, the best sammich I had is a grilled shrimp and catfish po-boy with lettuce, pickle, mayo, and grilled onions. It was appropriately named The Bomb and cost $16 plus tax. I could still feel the grease 2 days later.

yeah no.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 12:44:22 AM »

The Reuben, for me, is the ultimate test of a sandwich shop.

It's a simple sandwich. The meat is either corned beef or pastrami. The bread should be some sort of rye, preferably marbled. Then you have to have crisp kraut, and this where lesser sandwich shops fail. The sauce often ends up being simple thousand-island knock-offs.

I love Reuben sandwiches. I've been known to frequent sandwich shops where the owner makes a particular point to create every Reuben sandwich.  If your sandwicherie has a crap Reuben, you are not a sandwicherie.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
claws
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 03:24:02 AM »

The sandwich situation here in Germany is kind of odd. They don't have a sandwich culture or history (except for the Hawaii Toast created here in the 1950s). I guess the main problem here is the bread, as there are no soft sandwich buns like in the states (on a side note, German hamburger buns are terrible). We do have food trucks offering American style pulled pork sandwiches. They get their soft buns per special order from bakeries though I had my share of pulled pork served on Ciabatta.

That said you can find any kind of local sandwiches almost everywhere. However, most places use brötchen for bread - a small (hand sized) round bread bun (like a kaiser roll). Occasionally they will offer a hard crust narrow baguette that can put your teeth to test. These pre-prepared sandwiches lack serious meat (usually ham or salami) and are stacked with tons of lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers. Most supermarkets have a separate butcher where they garnish your brötchen with cold cuts of your choice. They also have a choice of warm meat for sandwiches sizzling under heating lamps. Stuff like schnitzel, frikadelle (burger with meat loaf ingredients) bratwurst or various roasts. Condiments at these places are usually very limited though. If anything, this is the most popular street food sandwich in Germany:

Leberkäse

For more "exotic" sandwiches you'll either have to seek out sit-down specialty restaurants, food trucks or subway. And if you are a fan of gyros sandwiches you'll find a gyros place literally on every corner.

Not ultimate but one of my current faves is an Italian style sandwich I sometimes make at home: pepperoni, salami, mozzarella, pickled roasted peppers, roast ham, antipasti tapenade, red onion, tomatoes, lettuce, and garlic aioli on Ciabatta or Focaccia.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 08:23:28 AM by claws » Logged
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015, 05:19:10 PM »

I'd never heard of Leberkäse before but it looks delicious!   Thumbup
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2015, 05:28:09 PM »

I'd never heard of Leberkäse before but it looks delicious!   Thumbup

It is...I'd kill for one of those sandwiches!
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Flangepart

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2015, 06:45:15 PM »

Split two Krogers Italian sweet loaves. Toast them

In between, alternate layers of meat and cheese and veg, nuke to melt cheese, enjoy.

My fave? (By layer) Roast beef, chedder, sliced turkey, swiss, garlic powder, green olives, more beef, more chedder, more turkey and swiss, banana peppers, co/jack, beef and co/jack.
Me like. Me LOVE!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Ultimate Sandwich « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.