Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:19:57 AM
714147 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Marlon Brando (cult or classic?) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marlon Brando (cult or classic?)  (Read 9128 times)
Scott
« on: February 18, 2001, 10:50:36 AM »

MARLON BRANDO is the greatest element ever to be involved in the film industy or the world for that matter. Here are some of the roles he has played. Besides his breakthru acting style, his social causes, relationships. He seems to be the king of the death scene or near death fights. What planet did this person come from? If "B" stands for strange, bizarre, and the fantastic then Brando deserves a place on this site. Its a shame that nobody will be able to appriciate him till someone can exploit him for profit after he leaves this planet.

VIVA ZAPATA - Mexican Revolutionary. I see this film as a child and never would have guessed he was an american till the 90's. The scene at the end of the film where Mexican goverment tricks him and kills him while he's with the white horse. Only Brando could do this death scene.

YOUNG LIONS - Nazi Soldier. At the end of this film he takes a very real fall for his death scene. The character is mesmerizing. Brando is to good in this one.

MOUTINY ON THE BOUNTY - Moutineer. To much. You just have to see it. He plays Christian.

ON THE WATERFRONT - Phew.... The fight on the docks. To much passion for the unworthy viewer.

THE WILD ONE - Biker. Brando plays Johnny. Great film. Can't beat this film. "What'd'ya got?". It actually has a 50's stage set feel of a cheap horror film.

THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU - Scientist. I think this film sums up the life of Marlon Brando.

ONE EYED JACKS - Bank Robber/Fugitive. The scene with Slim Pickens in the jail scene. This film was original 6 hours long till the studio cut it to under 2 hours.

MISSOURI BREAKS - Bounty Hunter - Crazy man hunting horse thieves wearing a dress in one scene. Check out the casket scene.

APOCOLYPSE NOW - Kurtz. The man at the end of the river. Along with Dennis Hopper.

GODFATHER - Godfather. A cat, an orange peel, and more.

THE FUGITIVE KIND - Wanderer. The court scene at the beginning and Ann Morgiani. Joan Woodward almost kills the film, but some how it stays afloat.

MOURITOURI - Sabatour. A good Brando film.

THE MEN - Paraplegic. His first film and strong first impression of this actor.

STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE - Husband. Just raw energy on film. Must be view many time to appriciate. Overwhelming presence.

APPOLOOPSA - A guy who wants his horse back really bad.

DESIREE - Napoleon. Expectation kinda kills this film. He's playing Napoleon and he has little to create I suppose.

CEASAR - Marc Anthony. Really Great Acting.

I think alot of people miss the point when watching a Brando film.
Reed Rothchild
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2001, 03:18:39 PM »

Okay,I agree with you on some of those movies-Streetcar,On the Waterfront,Godfather,Apocalypse-all great films.Unfortunately he has done some real stinkers of late,especially Dr.Moreau,which was just friggin' awful,and deserves a place on this very site.God knows what he was thinking when he chose that movie-probably the dollar signs proved to much for him to refuse.Ugh.I find him a little too theatrical and hammy in a some of his movies for my liking,though he does often sparkle with genius and is seen as a method inspiration to a lot of actors since.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Marlon Brando (cult or classic?) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.